Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:14 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Refugees Not Immunized, Causing Disease Outbreaks in USA. Started in Mosque! – DennisMichaelLynch.com

Here's one for all those who thought our government would take care of things, and keep us safe...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 08:43 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
The article comes from Dennis Michael Lynch. Is that the same Dennis Michael Lynch that launched his campaign for President on the Megan Kelly show? How did that work out for him? The same Dennis Michael Lynch who considers himself an expert on everything and has no credibility?

I guess you missed the part in the article:

Haushalter acknowledged, however, that the measles outbreak could have originated with an unvaccinated for measles adult or child brought to Tennessee under the federal refugee resettlement program, something she called “a possibility amongst many.”

Obviously you don't know that many Americans (who were not refugees, but were born in the US and are not Muslim) have not been vaccinated for various reasons.

CDC details US measles outbreaks, vaccination gaps | CIDRAP

Haushalter is grasping at straws, as you do. Anything that goes sideways you're right there to point the finger at Muslims. If nothing else, you are consistent with your hatred. You need to get a hobby or even better a life, because you don't see how obsessed you are with your hated of Muslims.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:45 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Please review your link, which goes back to the original local news source (after 3 or 4 clicks) and which does not state that the outbreak was caused by a refugee. Within one of the first links of a news source in Shelby County, TN, it stated that the following places were areas where one could have contracted the measles in "Non-Healthcare" places:

Quote:
Non-Healthcare Public Places Collierville United Methodist Church Nursery
454 W. Poplar Ave, Collierville TN
4/17/2016 9:00am – 12:00pm

Goodwill
8059 US 51, Millington TN
4/17/2016 9am – 2pm

Masjid-Al-Noor Mosque
3529 Mynders Ave, Memphis TN
4/15/2016 5:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
4/16/2016 5:30 a.m. - 8:30 a..m.
Please note it includes both a mosque and church. Dates given just show days that people who subsequently were confirmed to have had the measles were at that location.

This site, which speaks on when 7 cases were confirmed stated as follows (7th measles case confirmed):

Quote:
According to the Shelby County Health Department, six of those infected were not immunized against measles.
we are told the cases are all over the county.
The original two cases involved an adult, and the other a child.
Four of the cases were connected to each other.
Two other cases were connected to each other.
The seventh person appears to be a lone case.

I will note it is not confirmed that a refugee caused a measles outbreak. That is pretty far fetched considering the local sources and I believe they are just going by the date released by the health department indicating the time some of the sick persons were at a mosque to try to blame it on refugees.

FWIW, I live in an area that has received a large amount of refugees from Syria and other places over the years. We do have measles outbreaks from time to time but they have never been associated with refugees and usually they are due to some non-refugees feeling vaccines are "dangerous" and not vaccinating themselves or their children. Note that the nursery was mentioned in regards to the church. Mosques also have nurseries where this sort of disease can spread quickly. Babies cannot be vaccinated against measles until 12 months per CDC recommendation.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
The article comes from Dennis Michael Lynch. Is that the same Dennis Michael Lynch that launched his campaign for President on the Megan Kelly show? How did that work out for him? The same Dennis Michael Lynch who considers himself an expert on everything and has no credibility?

Haushalter acknowledged, however, that the measles outbreak could have originated with an unvaccinated for measles adult or child brought to Tennessee under the federal refugee resettlement program, something she called “a possibility amongst many.”

Obviously you don't know that many Americans (who were not refugees, but were born in the US and are not Muslim) have not been vaccinated for various reasons.

Haushalter is grasping at straws, as you do. Anything that goes sideways you're right there to point the finger at Muslims. If nothing else, you are consistent with your hatred. You need to get a hobby or even better a life, because you don't see how obsessed you are with your hated of Muslims.
yes, it is the same Dennis Michael Lynch, and of course you would nix him....

all people unvaccinated for measles, could have bought this in...yes, it certainly could be someone who is unvaccinated, however, do we know if the refugess are being vaccinated?

I was worried about this type of thing when the Obama Aministration announced that they were letting them in...that and a lot of other problems this will cause.

Anyway, something to discuss and ponder....maybe voice to our state leaders.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Please review your link, which goes back to the original local news source (after 3 or 4 clicks) and which does not state that the outbreak was caused by a refugee. Within one of the first links of a news source in Shelby County, TN, it stated that the following places were areas where one could have contracted the measles in "Non-Healthcare" places:

Please note it includes both a mosque and church. Dates given just show days that people who subsequently were confirmed to have had the measles were at that location.

This site, which speaks on when 7 cases were confirmed stated as follows (7th measles case confirmed):

I will note it is not confirmed that a refugee caused a measles outbreak. That is pretty far fetched considering the local sources and I believe they are just going by the date released by the health department indicating the time some of the sick persons were at a mosque to try to blame it on refugees.

FWIW, I live in an area that has received a large amount of refugees from Syria and other places over the years. We do have measles outbreaks from time to time but they have never been associated with refugees and usually they are due to some non-refugees feeling vaccines are "dangerous" and not vaccinating themselves or their children. Note that the nursery was mentioned in regards to the church. Mosques also have nurseries where this sort of disease can spread quickly. Babies cannot be vaccinated against measles until 12 months per CDC recommendation.
Thank you kindly for pointing all this out to me....greatly appreciate.

I thought this would be interesting to discuss, and even now, after knowing the information you have given here, b/c it is a definite concern.

How are things going with the refugess?

Yes, the measles outbreaks could very well be from unvaccinated people, but do you know, are we vaccinating the refugees?

Thank you

Old 05-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post

I am simply trying to alert people of the dangers which can transpire, I don't believe for one moment, that our government has taken every precaution, we don't have the money to do so.

and as far as any hatred I feel towards Muslims, that is false....I don't feel anything towards them, one way or another.

I don't trust them, which isn't hate, especially after 911. You don't know for certain, if there are Muslim extremists hiding within the refugees....

I was taught to distrust a religion that is violent.....

Oh and regarding your accusations of HATE, that is just another word to me, I've learned, that people on the opposing teams, usually use words like HATE, and RACIST to shut people down....it is a ploy used to win an argument, and not a very good one at that. People are sick of hearing those words, and now ignore them....

Old 05-12-2016, 09:17 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Refugees Not Immunized, Causing Disease Outbreaks in USA. Started in Mosque! – DennisMichaelLynch.com

Here's one for all those who thought our government would take care of things, and keep us safe...?
I thought you guys hate vaccines and immunization shots?

Old 05-12-2016, 09:23 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Thank you kindly for pointing all this out to me....greatly appreciate.

I thought this would be interesting to discuss, and even now, after knowing the information you have given here, b/c it is a definite concern.

How are things going with the refugess?

Yes, the measles outbreaks could very well be from unvaccinated people, but do you know, are we vaccinating the refugees?

Thank you
In my state (I live in Ohio) we cannot force people to get vaccines whether they are refugees or not. However, all refugees, as a part of their settlement here in the US are required to have a thorough medical screening.

Also, in the case of many countries, including Syria, those countries had immunization policies in place for their populace. People forget that Syria was not a 3rd world country prior to their Civil War. It was a modern, well educated, moderate country for the most part.

Where I live, as stated, we've always had a pretty large refugee population, including a history of having Syrian and Lebanese refugees in this area since the mid 20th century. We even had an area of our city referred to as "Little Syria" through the 1980s.

We got a lot of Asian refugees when I was younger in the 1980s from Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. We've also received African refugees and European refugees in the 1990s due to the war in Croatia/Serbia.

There has never been any particular issues with refugees here. Our area is known to be hospitable to immigrants and refugees and welcoming due to having a history of assisting those in need. We also were a place where runaway slaves sought refuge in the 1800s and in the 1900s we received a lot of Germans and Jews and Poles as a result of the conflicts in Europe. So people here are just nice and are not as prejudicial to refugees as other places because we know that many times the stereotypes are not true. I am from Toledo, Oh BTW and our most famous celebrity - Jamie Farr (Jameel Farrah is his real name) is of Syrian/Lebanese descent and was from an immigrant family. He grew up in the "Little Syria" neighborhood of our city.

We also have non-profit groups here that assist refugee families pretty extensively. The one I know that is assisting with Syrian refugees currently, it has people who are ethnically Syrian helping the new refugees settle into American life.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I thought you guys hate vaccines and immunization shots?
I don't hate vaccines? I guess you thought wrong!

Old 05-12-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In my state (I live in Ohio) we cannot force people to get vaccines whether they are refugees or not. However, all refugees, as a part of their settlement here in the US are required to have a thorough medical screening.

Also, in the case of many countries, including Syria, those countries had immunization policies in place for their populace. People forget that Syria was not a 3rd world country prior to their Civil War. It was a modern, well educated, moderate country for the most part.

Where I live, as stated, we've always had a pretty large refugee population, including a history of having Syrian and Lebanese refugees in this area since the mid 20th century. We even had an area of our city referred to as "Little Syria" through the 1980s.

We got a lot of Asian refugees when I was younger in the 1980s from Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. We've also received African refugees and European refugees in the 1990s due to the war in Croatia/Serbia.

There has never been any particular issues with refugees here. Our area is known to be hospitable to immigrants and refugees and welcoming due to having a history of assisting those in need. We also were a place where runaway slaves sought refuge in the 1800s and in the 1900s we received a lot of Germans and Jews and Poles as a result of the conflicts in Europe. So people here are just nice and are not as prejudicial to refugees as other places because we know that many times the stereotypes are not true. I am from Toledo, Oh BTW and our most famous celebrity - Jamie Farr (Jameel Farrah is his real name) is of Syrian/Lebanese descent and was from an immigrant family. He grew up in the "Little Syria" neighborhood of our city.

We also have non-profit groups here that assist refugee families pretty extensively. The one I know that is assisting with Syrian refugees currently, it has people who are ethnically Syrian helping the new refugees settle into American life.
thank you for this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies