Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2016, 01:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I have said many times, I do not force them to abandon hijabs, but ENCOURAGE it.
I'm curious what you mean by that. Do you carry around pom-poms, run up to women in hijabs and cheer, "Take it off! Yes you can!" Do you bribe them? Or do you just go full redneck and do what the guy did?

Just wondering, as the word 'encourage' is just a tad vague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
When in Rome do as the Romans do. We have a culture here. I think it's pretty disrespectful to be doing that here. If I was in some Arab place I'm sure they would be offended if a woman was in a bathing suit, but that's different right? I honestly am offended when I see these people here doing that.
One of the originally intended tenets of American culture is that people are free to be who they are, something covered in...oh, I dunno, the First Amendment?

Old 05-15-2016, 01:16 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times
The number if Trump supporters on this thread who subscribe to his Muslim ban idea is truly scary. A Trump supporter might actually be something worse than a tea partier.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:19 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
It also makes sense for people to wear uniforms related to their religion. The Jews do it, does that bother you too? Heck, Hasidic Jews have tons of weird rules, why doesn't that bother you? Instead it is only the Muslims that you are concerned about....
Very few Jews enforce the rules and Jews tend to be very "liberal" (no matter what it means) in this country. So it is not my concern at all.

Muslims, on the other hand, tend to be very strict with respect to religion. Therefore some social pressure is needed to help them assimilate.
Do you know Muslims almost never convert to other faiths, or abandon their faith? So their population will only rise fast in this country. We should do something to help them blend in.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:21 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
Very few Jews enforce the rules and Jews tend to be very "liberal" (no matter what it means) in this country. So it is not my concern at all.

Muslims, on the other hand, tend to be very strict with respect to religion. Therefore some social pressure is needed to help them assimilate.
Do you know Muslims almost never convert to other faiths, or abandon their faith? So their population will only rise fast in this country. We should do something to help them blend in.
Then you must know nothing about Hasidic Jews because just about all of them follow the religious rules to a T. Maybe you should first educate yourself about their rules.

So what should "we" do to help them "blend in?" Should we force them to walk around in their underwear or have them act more like sex symbol objects for your pleasure?

Old 05-15-2016, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
One of the originally intended tenets of American culture is that people are free to be who they are, something covered in...oh, I dunno, the First Amendment?
America has never been like that. Native Americans were slaughtered, Africans were enslaved, Asians and even Irish were persecuted. Let us not repeat the slogans.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Then you must know nothing about Hasidic Jews because just about all of them follow the religious rules to a T. Maybe you should first educate yourself about their rules.

So what should "we" do to help them "blend in?" Should we force them to walk around in their underwear or have them act more like sex symbol objects for your pleasure?
I'm talking about American Jews in general are very liberal. If you do not agree, you may live on the Mars and we have no common ground. Hasidic Jews are lower than 20% of Jewish population and the population does not grow fast. Who cares?

Muslim population does grow fast, because they do not convert to other faiths, and their women do not marry other men. I hope they dress like other women, eventually.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:35 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
I'm talking about American Jews in general are very liberal. If you do not agree, you may live on the Mars and we have no common ground. Hasidic Jews are lower than 20% of Jewish population and they do not grow fast. Who cares?

Muslim population does grow fast, because they do not convert to other faiths, and their women do not marry other men. I hope they dress like other women, eventually.
Oh, so you admit they exist, but their strict practices are no biggie, but Muslims it is.....your bigotry is showing, good luck with that.

Why do you care if people convert their faith or not, it is of no concern of yours. But you do have one thing right in this post. "who cares?"

Old 05-15-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
America has never been like that. Native Americans were slaughtered, Africans were enslaved, Asians and even Irish were persecuted. Let us not repeat the slogans.
Doesn't change the fact that it was the original goal. Just because the country has failed many times to adhere to that, doesn't mean that the goal should be abandoned. Today is a good day to try again.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Oh, so you admit they exist, but their strict practices are no biggie, but Muslims it is.....your bigotry is showing, good luck with that.

Why do you care if people convert their faith or not, it is of no concern of yours. But you do have one thing right in this post. "who cares?"
Because Hasidic Jews are insignificant at all, while Muslims (who cover their face) are increasingly visible and growing fast.

America is everybody's business, as long as you live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies