Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 05:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.
The College makes 8 position statements, the best IMO being:

Quote:
8. Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse. Endorsing gender discordance as normal via public education and legal policies will confuse children and parents, leading more children to present to “gender clinics” where they will be given puberty-blocking drugs.
Link: Gender Ideology Harms Children | American College of Pediatricians

When will the extreme left, led by President Obama, stop their war on children and their ongoing child abuse? When will far left liberals accept science?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 05:47 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
You see these parents with small children, sometimes as young as 5 saying that their boy is a girl ect. Maybe it's legit, I'm not sure. But I know that many people project many of their own hang ups, insecurities and issues onto dogs and cats. Why can't they be doing it onto their children as well?

Who decided to enable these people instead of helping them?

Old 05-17-2016, 05:48 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Part of the victim mentality taking over America..
I wonder when there will be no labels on bathrooms whatsoever... How all of this has diminished respect instead of increasing it

Being a child used to be a special journey..now its the political statement flavor of the day
All part of Obama's plan..keep the world in chaos. Scorched earth ...more to come..that is a certainty

Reject this stuff. Know intrinsically what is best for your children in a time of growth and experimental aspects of life... Don't goof them up with labels that will screw them up or worse maim them

Old 05-17-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You see these parents with small children, sometimes as young as 5 saying that their boy is a girl ect. Maybe it's legit, I'm not sure. But I know that many people project many of their own hang ups, insecurities and issues onto dogs and cats. Why can't they be doing it onto their children as well?

Who decided to enable these people instead of helping them?
One of the primary culprits is the gay lobby, add in there academia and an army of braindead and brainwashed millennials and you have your answer. Compounding the problem: we have a major political party, the Democrats, embracing this because they can use it to fuel their false narrative about conservatives, i.e. that anyone who disagrees with Democrats is a knuckle-dragging bigot.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:04 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The College makes 8 position statements, the best IMO being:

Link: Gender Ideology Harms Children | American College of Pediatricians

When will the extreme left, led by President Obama, stop their war on children and their ongoing child abuse? When will far left liberals accept science?
The American College of Pediatrics is a small splinter group that opposes LGBT people. It has a membership of about 200.

This is in contrast to the mainstream American Academy of Pediatrics, which has over 60,000 members and is supportive of LGBT youth.

Nice try though.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
The American College of Pediatrics is a small splinter group that opposes LGBT people. It has a membership of about 200.

This is in contrast to the mainstream American Academy of Pediatrics, which has over 60,000 members and is supportive of LGBT youth.

Nice try though.
I note you didn't address the substance of what they said. No surprise there.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:03 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Why would I need to? A splinter group with an obvious anti-LGBT agenda is not a credible source. I would consider any claims that the ACP makes as dubious and that they need to be backed up across the board with other research from more neutral groups. Furthermore, you claimed it was extreme liberals forcing change about this issue, when clearly it's a small minority (0.4%) supporting the ACP anti-transgender position.

I mean, y'all dismiss any claim by Obama as false, even when they aren't. So why should I be held to a different standard?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:17 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
One, the poster pointed out that this is not a valid organization. The American College of Pediatricians is a small group (initially 60 people, now about 200) formed in 2002 by some medical doctors that opposed the AAP's (60,000 members) support of adoption by gay couples. The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated them as a hate group.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...-supreme-court

Complaints have been made by some physicians that the ACP takes reports and then distorts them for their own ends.

For instance, the ACP had quoted this professors research as indicating that he had concluded that "the best thing schools can do for students who come out of the closet is nothing at all: no support, no affirmation, no gay-straight alliance clubs on campus." As the professor stated, not only did the ACP continually misspell his name, but his findings were the exact opposite:

University of Minnesota professor's research hijacked | City Pages

The ACP also believes that the best way to address youth sexuality is by teaching abstinence until marriage. No education about how to avoid pregnancy if one is going to do it, etc. It is the ostrich head in the sand approach:

Abstinence Education | American College of Pediatricians

The ACP is also against emergency contraception:

Emergency Contraception – Not the Best for Adolescents | American College of Pediatricians

The ACP is fully in support of gay men undergoing 'change' therapy, linking to such organizations on their website.

In other words, this small group founded by 'conservatives' in 2002 has a set agenda, and they will distort studies to fit their agenda.

I will note that many trans-genders to not, as implied by this group, spend a lifetime undergoing surgeries, etc. Many simply dress in accordance with what they feel comfortable in.

7 Questions Answered About Transgender People - ABC News

There are some people whom desire to discriminate against other people. For instance, discrimination against blacks, women, gays, etc. As the decades passed, these people kept losing the battle, for the vast majority of Americans decided that such discrimination is, well, wrong.

Hence, such people are now left with trans-genders, a tiny group that has not been accorded civil rights protection. Ah! Here is a group we can discriminate against! Glory to God!

Old 05-17-2016, 07:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Any intelligent person would know it isn't healthy and it's just kooky.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:32 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Because there is none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies