Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:22 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No, some bigot is going to lose control and attack a transgender woman with a gun, only to discover she is better with a gun than he is.

I encourage all transgender people to get trained and arm themselves against attack by the religious extremists, politicians, and other crackpots who have called for homosexuals and transgender people to be killed, and against muslims who are actively doing it in many countries.
Oh yes, linebackers in dresses like Laverne Cox and Zoey Tur are at a real disadvantage against soccer moms with their young daughters in shopping malls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 03:03 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
She's lying and unless she drops it before it goes any further, she is going to f--k up her life, at least for the short term.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:14 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Good job right wingers for making a non issue into a stupidity issue. Now we have men following women into restrooms to make sure those women are actually women....doesn't that defeat the purpose of these stupid bathroom bans?
Yep. It is a backward-thinking mentality that does this.

There are those who may cause trouble where there is none or create the kinds of incidents they've suspected would occur, just to prove their point.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:08 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX
This whole bathroom bill thing has done nothing but create a problem where there wasn't one in the first place.
Thats all they are good at.... WORRYING ABOUT STUPID STUFF THAT DOESNT MATTER!!

Old 05-18-2016, 04:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Really? Some people will believe anything.

Sounds to me as if she just wanted her 15 minutes of fame to rant about something on YouTube.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:43 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What do you mean it was bound to happen? If transgender people never existed and there were no laws or social issues regarding transgenderism, this could still happen because some naive people think only men have short hair. They would've mistaken her for a guy trying to get into the ladies room.
It's the same kind of overly-concerned-with-other-people type that is thinking about the genitalia of the person the next stall over.

But you're right: something similar happened to me when I was going through chemo. I gained 80 pounds, had chipmunk cheeks and a round face due to to steroids, lost my feminine eyelashes, eyebrows, and color, and had a buzz cut to try to prevent losing *all* of my hair. I knew I looked like absolute crap. I often wore a hoodie because I was freezing all the time and if I didn't wear makeup, my gender was apparently a mystery to some, especially from behind. In the two bathroom cases I experienced, people weren't aggressive but made comments as they walked out about how the men's room was "over there."

It's a surprise that so many people think this is made up because she didn't tell the store manager. It never would have occurred to me to do so, not to mention it's just embarrassing.

This makes me worry for masculine looking women or feminine looking men. So many people claim they can tell when someone is trans, but that seems doubtful at best to me especially given my experience. Most of my trans friends and acquaintances are more made up and dressed up on a grocery store run than the cis-women I know, myself included!

Old 05-18-2016, 05:56 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
She looks pretty female so I don't believe her either.

People should see some of the women who work ranches in west Texas. Even I have trouble telling the gender of some of those ladies.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:19 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
If this woman was truly thought to be transgender by another person, that person must have been a total moron - or blind - or both. This woman has beautiful, large natural juggs that truly cannot be hidden by her clothes. So, it's hard to believe that anyone wouldn't be able to tell she was 100% female - even if she had a baseball cap on & short hair.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:51 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
people need to lighten up and stop being idiots. I wouldn't give a care in the world if a women went into the men's bathroom and took a huge $hit. So she had to go.

Making a big deal of nothing.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:06 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
people need to lighten up and stop being idiots. I wouldn't give a care in the world if a women went into the men's bathroom and took a huge $hit. So she had to go.

Making a big deal of nothing.
As a guy, I agree. In fact, not that long ago I was in a museum - and, I did notice a woman coming out of one of the stalls in the men's bathroom. As I was leaving, I walked past the woman's bathroom - and noticed a huge line. Obviously, she had an emergency and couldn't wait. Better she use the men's bathroom than pi$$ or take a dump all over the floor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies