Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:25 AM

74 posts, read 88,978 times

Advertisements

in response to this actual thread, people hit the nail on the head when they say this is a nonissue becoming an issue. personally, as a person who worked in politics for some time, this seems like a tactic to rally the right to fight for something against the left to increase voter turnout in the general. and no, this isn't the view of some *******. in fact, i dont believe in transgender / homosexuality / whatever at all. but i also have a pretty deep understanding of political tactics and this is raises many flags.

Last edited by trademark0013; 05-19-2016 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: misrepresentation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 11:44 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
It was cities like Charlotte and Houston pushing this absurd agenda making it front page news and causing a reaction from the right.
"Look what you made me do!" is the excuse used by wifebeaters and terrorists.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Look what you made me do!" is the excuse used by wifebeaters and terrorists.
The fact that you can contort your mind to find a correlation between the two speaks volumes.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
If true - hopefully WM and local LEO investigate thoroughly. I wouldn't doubt this is another lie by a SJW though, to garner attention to self and issue at hand.

P.S. there's nothing masculine about her...nor would any sane person assume she's a "guy".
Why on earth would LEO investigate?

Do you think they're just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs waiting to investigate an uncomfortable interaction? This woman complained about it on her Facebook page where it went viral. Complaining about it to your friends is the appropriate response. Calling the police or even store management and wasting their time is not. What would they do? Call out the woman in question for being an ignorant bigot? That's all they could do. She didn't break any laws.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:09 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
I would love for an unbiased body language expert to watch her video and give their take of whether she's lying or not. Like other posters have said, she does not have masculine features. Plenty of women have short hair too. Her 8-minute video is 10% about the incident and 90% angrily lecturing the viewer on how many transgender people have been killed or assaulted (of course she gives no numbers on this, as it pertains to the bathroom or elsewhere). Funny that there is very little frustration, fear, sadness, embarrassment, etc. expressed over how SHE was made to feel by the nasty behavior, esp. in the women's bathroom where you would have your emotional guard down. She takes a page straight from the professional activist playbook by making comparisons to Jim Crow, and saying the same people against transgenders in the bathroom are the same people who wanted racial segregation. (She should share that info with the majority black/Hispanic city of Houston that voted against the bathroom free-for-all).

Obvious social agenda is obvious.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:39 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why on earth would LEO investigate?

Do you think they're just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs waiting to investigate an uncomfortable interaction? This woman complained about it on her Facebook page where it went viral. Complaining about it to your friends is the appropriate response. Calling the police or even store management and wasting their time is not. What would they do? Call out the woman in question for being an ignorant bigot? That's all they could do. She didn't break any laws.
If it's a valid claim - then harassment charges or the like could be in play, since the girl in question was simply trying to utilize the restroom before being verbally harassed for no reason.

Do I think LEOs sit around twiddling thumbs? What is this..Mayberry? Considering her viral post, got her on several news outlets and articles across the country written - I'd say that would "urge" a local PD to follow up on a harassment charge.

Lastly - I'm not defending her. I honestly think she's SJW joker, who fabricated the whole thing...but meh.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:53 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
If it's a valid claim - then harassment charges or the like could be in play, since the girl in question was simply trying to utilize the restroom before being verbally harassed for no reason.

Do I think LEOs sit around twiddling thumbs? What is this..Mayberry? Considering her viral post, got her on several news outlets and articles across the country written - I'd say that would "urge" a local PD to follow up on a harassment charge.

Lastly - I'm not defending her. I honestly think she's SJW joker, who fabricated the whole thing...but meh.
I would bet any amount of money she did make it up.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:10 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Watch her video. It is a social agenda lecture, not a genuine plea from someone who was just harassed in the bathroom.

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 05-19-2016 at 02:20 PM..

Old 05-19-2016, 02:11 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I would love for an unbiased body language expert to watch her video and give their take of whether she's lying or not. Like other posters have said, she does not have masculine features. Plenty of women have short hair too. Her 8-minute video is 10% about the incident and 90% angrily lecturing the viewer on how many transgender people have been killed or assaulted (of course she gives no numbers on this, as it pertains to the bathroom or elsewhere). Funny that there is very little frustration, fear, sadness, embarrassment, etc. expressed over how SHE was made to feel by the nasty behavior, esp. in the women's bathroom where you would have your emotional guard down. She takes a page straight from the professional activist playbook by making comparisons to Jim Crow, and saying the same people against transgenders in the bathroom are the same people who wanted racial segregation. (She should share that info with the majority black/Hispanic city of Houston that voted against the bathroom free-for-all).

Obvious social agenda is obvious.
Also this is the one time in modern history a social justice warrior doesn't have a cell phone to video tape a supposed lunatic.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:23 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Here's a hint for you:

Transgendered people were ALREADY using the restroom for the gender they identified with.

It wasn't until teens who were pre-transitioned wanted to start using the locker rooms of the opposite sex.

It was the fact that parents were upset that a "girl" with a penis was changing next to their adolescent girl.

It was cities like Charlotte and Houston pushing this absurd agenda making it front page news and causing a reaction from the right.

But continue to live in your bubble of alternate facts if you choose.

urban life is better in the bubble cliff...
And showers.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies