Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I was thinking about this today.

Women are getting the majority of jobs and the majority of good jobs. This leaves a bunch of unemployed and underemployed men.

Why is this problem?

Men, unlike women, don't have much of a use outside of the working world. Women have the use of making and raising kids. But if women are not working and not raising kids, at least they're not out drinking and causing crime. Idle men tend to cause problems.

What is the solution?

I have no idea. Maybe we need a major war or we need to bring back manufacturing jobs.
The Reason: Women are paid less than men in general. Therefore companies will hire women over men so they can pay less for salaries. Also there are millions of administrative assistant jobs which do not pay very well, and which men don't want (they aren't really into being subservient).

The Solution: Pay women as much as men. When companies cannot save money by hiring women, things should equal out.

Also: men who have no use should get a hobby or make themselves useful by doing laundry or cleaning the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 12:24 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The Reason: Women are paid less than men in general. Therefore companies will hire women over men so they can pay less for salary. Also there are millions of administrative assistant jobs which do not pay very well, and which men don't want (they aren't really into being subservient).

The Solution: Pay women as much as men. When companies cannot save money by hiring women, things should equal out.

Also: men who have no use should get a hobby or make themselves useful by doing laundry or cleaning the house.

millions of administrative assistant jobs

Not anymore-- with PCS and O/S -- those jobs are history - or they are the multitask jobs were one does 4 peoples jobs- at min wage. Women are only people who can do that job, men do not do well at multitasking -and bringing the dam coffee! I know some men- are good assistants- but most walk out from the abuse and low pay

Old 05-26-2016, 12:25 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The problem is people change!!! they are great men and do all the right things until 6 mo. into the marriage- come ON people! Many women in high stress jobs making plenty of $$ sometimes wants the opposite at home-- not a peer- from the office talking shop- or they are high end, but their dad was the great plumber everybody loved- so she wants what dad was-
Then there are the drugs, the other women, men and alcohol- things just change! stop blaming
I dont understand why women are injected into this "problem" of men having nothing to do? Or men not getting a higher education or men being unemployed, or men committing crimes.

Just when I think I can no longer be amazed at what some people blame on womankind, I am again amazed.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:45 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
It just seems to me from watching a lot of these true crime shows...
I think we see the trouble...

Old 05-26-2016, 12:52 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I've seen many well educated and professional women with "bad boy" boyfriends that use and abuse them. I've never understood this- I guess that is what they call co-dependency. I guess it's an addiction to a person, or certain kind of person that is bad for you, like drugs, drinking, etc.
A codependent person does not have a lot going for them regardless of their educational level or career success. It is a serious and intractable personality disorder and they do not use good personal judgment or treat people well.

No mentally healthy woman wants to be abused or keeps going back to abusive people. So they can't just... change. No mentally healthy man would want a co-dependent drama prone needy woman anyway. If they are always with genuinely bad men they are not worth having anyway, so what they do should not affect an average decent man.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:22 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You pay the guy direct, or a company that sends a crew over?
In one hour, burning $5 in fuel is not unreasonable... + wear on the equipment and vehicle to get there, that has a cost.

So, how much of that $20 is profit? There is the reason it is hard. The local Dairy Queen, cannot find good help at $11 and hour to start.

The cost of living has increased more than the illegal aliens have suppressed and stagnated wages.
Cash. And he never works for 1 hour. Usually 6 - 7 hours.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:08 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:

Women are getting the majority of jobs and the majority of good jobs. This leaves a bunch of unemployed and underemployed men.

Why is this problem?

Men, unlike women, don't have much of a use outside of the working world. Women have the use of making and raising kids. But if women are not working and not raising kids, at least they're not out drinking and causing crime. Idle men tend to cause problems.

What is the solution?

I have no idea. Maybe we need a major war or we need to bring back manufacturing jobs.

"A recent report issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) points to a disturbing trend: the number of women arrested for drunk driving is on the rise. The agency calls the problem a national public health and safety issue, confirming Federal Bureau of Investigation figures that women arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) increased by nearly 30 percent from 1998 to 2007. During the same 10-year period, the number of men arrested for DUI decreased 7.5 percent."

https://www.promises.com/articles/wo...-alcoholism-2/

"When analyzed as an outcome of unemployment, there were no associations between unemployment and later binge drinking for men. Conversely, there were initial associations between long-term unemployment and frequent binges for women, but this was explained by the characteristics of those who became unemployed, Backhans noted, such as prior drinking habits."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0815161645.htm

Old 05-27-2016, 03:22 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
With all of these unemployed men and daycare so hard to find, maybe instead of nannies, we could have "mannies" instead!

Old 05-27-2016, 03:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:

Why is this problem?

What is the solution?

The woman can work, bring in the money, do all the cooking and house cleaning, birth and take care of the kids, and get a good beat down into the bargain.

We're getting more Islamic in our approach.

But we're smarter than the Muslims.

We turn the women into ATMs.

In the meantime, they're happy because they get to "have careers."

Old 05-27-2016, 04:34 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
With all of these unemployed men and daycare so hard to find, maybe instead of nannies, we could have "mannies" instead!

The only person who should be raising a child are the child's parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies