Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 06:39 PM

45,247 posts, read 26,482,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Race calls into question their motivation.
Which should matter not. Spare me the recital on "hate crime"
In this case if the victim were white should the perps punishment be lesser?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 06:39 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times
What gets into these kids? Ughh.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:44 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,558,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I have family that lives not too far from where this went down. These kids were complete dirtbags, but this article is a huge pile of BS. I don't even know where to start, so all I can say is a little research on this story will show you just how out of control our media is. Once again, I'm not defending these kids, and they need to be severely punished, but a good portion of this article is completely off base and doesn't tell the whole story, while greatly embellishing other parts of the story.

When the media starts frothing at the mouth over a story like this, all it does is make the victim look bad because when the truth comes out, nobody is going to focus on the fact that some kid got assaulted. The focus will be on the press telling fibs again.
You've said so much, yet so little at the same time. Would it be too much to ask for you to post any info to make your point?

Old 05-25-2016, 06:48 PM

6,265 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
You've said so much, yet so little at the same time. Would it be too much to ask for you to post any info to make your point?
Agreed. If you have additional information that clarifies this story, please post. Otherwise, quit hinting around. Very sad story as it stands and these sick f's need to be prosecuted to the fullest.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Which should matter not. Spare me the recital on "hate crime"
In this case if the victim were white should the perps punishment be lesser?
Stop jumping to conclusions.

A crime has 3 elements, one of those is motivation. That is all I pointed out.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Nothing new. Rape is about control and males raping other males to exert their power and dominance over them has been going on for centuries.
Agreed. Tho OTOH; 1 real good kick in the nuts and, many dudes will NEVER "rape" again because their "junk" is now just that, junk.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:01 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,516,367 times
Quote:
Would you say that for any crime that involves a victim and suspect that are of other race?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:14 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
The general consensus from those that actually live and attend school in this town is that much of what is being reported is not factual or has been greatly exaggerated outside of the actual rape.

Everything from the claims of racism, to the lack of school intervention to the victim being mentally handicapped has been completely blown out of proportion. He apparently has a learning disability and is a little socially awkward, but not even close to what could be considered retarded or handicapped from what I'm told. For all we know he has ADD or he's dyslexic.

This is your classic out of control bullying incident. I hope these guys do time for the incident and are charged as adults, but most of that article was typical race baiting BS as usual.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:46 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Logically no it doesn't. Just because different races are involved doesn't automatically raise the question in the minds of sane people.

Most conflict in this world are just the usual people being a-hows. Sure, there are some that are out to get gays, blacks, whites, asians or whatever but in the absence of something to suggest that it was biased motivation it's a sick mindset.

To put it another way, if your order at a restaurant is wrong and your server is of a different race etc. and you wonder if it is because you are white\black\gay etc. as a natural course of thought....seek help, you've been poisoned by the hate.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Logically no it doesn't. Just because different races are involved doesn't automatically raise the question in the minds of sane people.

Most conflict in this world are just the usual people being a-hows. Sure, there are some that are out to get gays, blacks, whites, asians or whatever but in the absence of something to suggest that it was biased motivation it's a sick mindset.

To put it another way, if your order at a restaurant is wrong and your server is of a different race etc. and you wonder if it is because you are white\black\gay etc. as a natural course of thought....seek help, you've been poisoned by the hate.
im not arguing "automatically", im arguing that I read the article and the part about this taking place over several months of name calling and attacks accumulating in his rape. Context matters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies