Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
All handful of them over the last few decades? They represent the whole? If so you know where the conversation goes next.
Hey if "Christians" can do it to "Muslims," make sure your cage isn't dirty before the pot calls the kettle black. That's been my point through out this thread when I've brought up Christians.

The point I was saying was that there are SOME Christians (this was why I said people) that hate sinners rather than the sin.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:38 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I just saw that muslim sympathizer on tv attacking guns, instead of muslim extremism.
1. I've watched his speech a couple of times now and I found it to be very unsettling. Or rather, I found listening to Obama to be very unsettling. Dispassionate. Robotic. Mouthing all the right words but seemingly detached. If his intention was to calm a jittery nation, he did not succeed with THIS citizen. Instead his presentation just made me feel very uncomfortable.

2. Someone on here earlier today wondered out loud who would have to fall on their sword since both Muslims and gays are democratic pets. The answer of course was neither. Predictably it was the 2A that this robot president tried to impale yet again.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Hey if "Christians" can do it to "Muslims," make sure your cage isn't dirty before the pot calls the kettle black. That's been my point through out this thread when I've brought up Christians.

The point I was saying was that there are SOME Christians (this was why I said people) that hate sinners rather than the sin.
It makes for a poor argument either way.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. I've watched his speech a couple of times now and I found it to be very unsettling. Or rather, I found listening to Obama to be very unsettling. Dispassionate. Robotic. Mouthing all the right words but seemingly detached. If his intention was to calm a jittery nation, he did not succeed with THIS citizen. Instead his presentation just made me feel very uncomfortable.

2. Someone on here earlier today wondered out loud who would have to fall on their sword since both Muslims and gays are democratic pets. The answer of course was neither. Predictably it was the 2A that this robot president tried to impale yet again.
Obama has been responsible for thousands of needless deaths. He's killed American citizens. You think another 50 is going to bother him?

Old 06-12-2016, 11:53 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Quote:
Obama has been responsible for thousands of needless deaths. He's killed American citizens. You think another 50 is going to bother him?
I think this goes for many presidents....those who send troops and support staff into war zones. If the President didnt order military action then they would not have died. Look at Vietnam....how many LBJ and Nixon sent to their death because of the war.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:57 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isn't supposed to but people hate the sinner rather than the sin for some strange reason. Look at the Christians that kill abortion doctors for some reason.
Where in the New Testament does it even hint that it's okay to murder an abortion doctor? It doesn't.

Christianity doesn't condone murder as it's legally defined.

According to the NYT (11/2015), 11 people have been killed in abortion clinic attacks since 1993.

All but two were sentenced to life and life+ in prison. One was executed by the state. The other, a female, only got 10 years.

Muslim terrorists have overwhelmingly murdered more than that in the US in the last year.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Does the Quran teach Homosexuals should be killed?

Note this post by Juju
Sahabas (the companions, disciples, scribes and family of the Islamic prophet Muhammad) agreed on severe punishments for sodomy. Some say that homosexuals should be burned and stoned, others say they should be thrown from height and then stoned, some said they should just be stoned. They agreed, punishment should be death.

Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death.

The Quran says:

Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)"

Quran (7:81) - "Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?"

Quran (26:165-166) - "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

The hadith (documentation by Islamic historians about the life of Muhammed, second in importance to Islam after the quran):

Abu Dawud (4462) - The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.".

Abu Dawud (4448) - "If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death." (Note the implicit approval of sodomizing one's wife).

Bukhari (72:774) - "The Prophet cursed effeminate men (those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners of women) and those women who assume the manners of men, and he said, 'Turn them out of your houses .' The Prophet turned out such-and-such man, and 'Umar turned out such-and-such woman."

al-Tirmidhi, Sunan 1:152 - [Muhammad said] "Whoever is found conducting himself in the manner of the people of Lot, kill the doer and the receiver."

Last edited by Continuum; 06-13-2016 at 12:15 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 12:06 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times
Another relevant post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Speaker at Orlando mosque advocates death for homosexuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ

Old 06-13-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
I think this goes for many presidents....those who send troops and support staff into war zones. If the President didnt order military action then they would not have died. Look at Vietnam....how many LBJ and Nixon sent to their death because of the war.
Likely so. I don't know how many of them are able to sleep at night outside of the idea that they must be somewhat mentally disturbed.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:34 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Quote:
Likely so. I don't know how many of them are able to sleep at night outside of the idea that they must be somewhat mentally disturbed.
that I agree on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies