Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 04:29 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Trump was right. And the shooter was not a real American.
If being born in American doesn't make you an American then what are you suggesting we do, start making every single person in the "States" take a loyalty test and wear an American flag pin so we can tell the good guys from the bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 04:34 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The shooter was a US citizen.
Maybe your definition of "an American citizen" needs redefining.
I like most Americans will be increasingly suspect of anyone that looks middle-eastern. Let these sleepers feel the heat.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So what should be the definition of an American citizen?

Old 06-12-2016, 04:42 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The shooter was a US citizen.

Correct!

We were wrong to allow his parents in.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:43 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I like most Americans will be increasingly suspect of anyone that looks middle-eastern. Let these sleepers feel the heat.
Oh that's nice.

So I guess anybody who's of Latino, Italian, Indian, Greek, Eastern European, Israeli, Portuguese, or any other ethnicity that can resemble 'Middle Eastern' is fair game for persecution, right?

Damn. I'd better dye my hair blonde and start using skin bleaching creams ASAP then. I have too much melanin to pass as anglo, too little to pass as black, and I'm obviously not East Asian. Guess that puts me in 'Middle Eastern' camp. Probably literally, if people like you had your way...

Old 06-12-2016, 04:44 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
His parents never should have been allowed to come here. This is what happens, they get here and have babies, then teach them the same crap they were taught from back home.

Exactly.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:54 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Correct!

We were wrong to allow his parents in.
His parents were working with the American military back in their own country and allowed in for their own protection when things got too hot for them. We did the same thing for many Vietnamese and Koreans back in their day.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:55 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If being born in American doesn't make you an American then what are you suggesting we do, start making every single person in the "States" take a loyalty test and wear an American flag pin so we can tell the good guys from the bad?
From the sounds of it, they'd probably just throw anyone with dark hair and olive complexion into a concentration camp.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
That's actually a brilliant strategy by stating that.

He's not profiting politically by saying "hey, I told you another attack would happen." but he puts the onus on the radicalists, something that everyone can agree with.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I remember it, because he is right on that issue.

I live in LA, several months ago there was a terrorist threat which ended up being bogus, but all schools in LA Unified were closed. Leaving parents scrambling with what to do with their kids for the day.

I was getting a haircut and the woman who was cutting my hair was whining about Trump, regarding his ban on Muslims, I said it was a temporary ban.(which the media always leaves out the word temporary).

Ironic thing was her 9 year old daughter was in the shop as there was no school. I said "well your kid is out of school due to a terrorist threat, what should we do about people coming in who want to do us harm?"

Crickets....LOL. Some people just can't bare to hear the truth, it's more important to be PC rather than address this issue.

How's that working?

Thank You I believe some people live truly in LA LA LAND, and do not use their heads. I cannot stand people that are ignorant to the core, because a whole bunch of people say it is so. And by gosh, they believe it is use your damn heads.

What the hell do most of these idiots think is going on here, a game, no game this is real, and going to get much worse, because it can. What happened last night, what if one of those who died, was your family member now put yourself in the family's shoes. How would you feel right now today, your loved one is no longer here, your tune would change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies