Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 01:38 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times

Advertisements

How does today's actions and non-response from the left affect how you view the politician you are voting for? If you typically vote left-liberal, will today's actions change how you vote?
Also, how do you feel about Hillary being forced to choose to either defend the LGBT community or muslims on this one?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:12 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
How does today's actions and non-response from the left affect how you view the politician you are voting for? If you typically vote left-liberal, will today's actions change how you vote?
Also, how do you feel about Hillary being forced to choose to either defend the LGBT community or muslims on this one?
Why would it change my vote?

Trump has expressed bigotry toward just about every minority group in America.

Republicans remain firmly the party of anti-gay bigotry.

Recently House Republicans rejected their OWN bill simply because Democrats were able to get an anti-discrimination amendment added to protect LGBT federal contractors from facing workplace discrimination.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:14 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

Trump has expressed bigotry toward just about every minority group in America.
I don't think he expressed bigotry toward Asians, Native Americans, gays....

Old 06-12-2016, 02:15 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
What do you mean non-response? This happened a day ago? What has anyone actually done, aside from the medics and police officers who came to assist, to improve the conditions of this scenario by anyone? What were they even supposed to have done?

We haven't declared war on Afghanistan yet, so Obama is a communist. Are you seriously this blinded by partisan politics that all you can do is think about how much you hate the left?

So tell me, what have Republicans done to positively impact this situation? No, tweets from Trump do not count as doing something.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
What do you mean non-response? This happened a day ago? What has anyone actually done, aside from the medics and police officers who came to assist, to improve the conditions of this scenario by anyone? What were they even supposed to have done?

We haven't declared war on Afghanistan yet, so Obama is a communist. Are you seriously this blinded by partisan politics that all you can do is think about how much you hate the left?

So tell me, what have Republicans done to positively impact this situation? No, tweets from Trump do not count as doing something.
Good post. And you are right, other than slamming liberals, Republicans have done nothing to help.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:26 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
No this isnt changing my vote because there are more issues than just terrorism. Secondly the republicans have done nothing for the gay community but push anti gay bills. However I do agree with Trump that something needs to be done about this. I dont agree with the ways he wants to do it and I dont agree with labeling muslims terrorist. I ha e muslim family members and they are some of the nicest people you will meet.

I personally just dont like the way he speaks towards minorities

Old 06-12-2016, 02:28 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
political agenda during this awful tragedy is DISGUSTING! shame on you!!!

Old 06-12-2016, 02:31 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
How does today's actions and non-response from the left affect how you view the politician you are voting for?
What non-response? Obama and Hillary have postponed their Wednesday event in the wake of this tragedy.

Hillary has posted tweets and issued a statement, she offered her condolences, sympathy and support.

What has Trump done?

Quote:
If you typically vote left-liberal, will today's actions change how you vote?
Absolutely not. There is no way in heck I'd want Trump as President given his lack of true response for this tragedy.

Quote:
She wasn't and hasn't. You can defend both the LGBT community and Muslims at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
I don't think he expressed bigotry toward Asians, Native Americans, gays....
Yea, because repeatedly calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" isn't the least bit racist.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:32 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
So, it seems to me that it doesn't matter that Obama's speech and Hillary's tweets downplayed the incident. As long as a democrat wins regardless, you're all happy? Even if it means selling your community out to appease those to protect muslim extremists?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

^^^This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies