Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:53 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,654 times

Advertisements

In my 45+ years of age, I never ever thought I'd see the day where not only is it ok for men to dress like women and women to dress like men... but laws need to be made about this. I never thought I'd see the day where people got sex change operations. Never did I think I'd see the day where a man has to say he is a woman so he can go into the women's room and sexually assault women and children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 10:15 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
When I was in public high school the female students were not allowed to wear pants. Of any kind. Not dress pants, no jeans, no shorts. Dresses and skirts every day, knee-length or longer. No casual Fridays. Boys were not allowed to have hair that touched their ears or fell over their eyebrows. All that changed in the late 1960s and the world didn't end. Students learned just as much with those fashions allowed.

I live in Tucson now and here even elderly ladies wear jeans, shorts, and trousers much more often than they wear skirts or dresses. Old men wear shorts to church. Do you think God cares? He lets us be born naked. It's absurd to get up in arms about what people wear for whatever reason. It's certainly no indication that the world is coming to an end.

Last edited by Jukesgrrl; 06-12-2016 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 06-12-2016, 10:38 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
In my 45+ years of age, I never ever thought I'd see the day where not only is it ok for men to dress like women and women to dress like men... but laws need to be made about this. I never thought I'd see the day where people got sex change operations. Never did I think I'd see the day where a man has to say he is a woman so he can go into the women's room and sexually assault women and children.
I guess you never realized that women have been wearing business suits for decades.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:25 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Pointing out a bigger cesspool doesn't mean the West isn't one too.
Bloody hell ... the end is nigh! Why not make a beeline for Tora Bora - the world's simpler there?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Pointing out a bigger cesspool doesn't mean the West isn't one too.
I'm not sure what your idea of a cesspool is, but I don't live in one. Maybe you do though. That, or you've lived a sheltered life with limited experience of the world away from your immediate surroundings.

In any case, it's very clear to me that this kind of thing deeply upset you - and that pleases me very much. If we get someone on here seething with absolute rage, that'd be the icing on the cake.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:38 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
45 years old is far too young to be knowledgable apparently.

Look up 1920's women's trousers. Have you never seen Katherine Hepburn or Marlene Dietrich?

That men wear skirts is long established.

Sex change ops go back to Christine Jorgenson in 1951 (before you were born) and possibly before.

Any man could go always into the restroom if they want to assault someone- do you think people are interviewed before they enter a public restroom?

Read more history. Watch less Fox news.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:46 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Now boys can wear skirts to class as schools introduce 'gender neutral' uniforms | Daily Mail Online

All i can say is HELP. Please do not let this insanity get hold in our schools or we are doomed.
And and? How will this effect your directly?

Old 06-13-2016, 07:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Now boys can wear skirts to class as schools introduce 'gender neutral' uniforms | Daily Mail Online

All i can say is HELP. Please do not let this insanity get hold in our schools or we are doomed.

You Scots have been wearing skirts proudly for centuries.

What's the rub?

Old 06-13-2016, 08:04 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You Scots have been wearing skirts proudly for centuries.

What's the rub?
hahaha not really it was stopped for a time but only the Highlanders wore kilts , the Lowlanders were dressed different and saw the Highlanders as wild men , sometimes called barbarians or Wild Irish.

In August 1747, following the defeat of Bonnie Prince Charlie in the 1745 rebellion, the British Government banned the wearing of kilts. This was an attempt to suppress highland identity and came hand-in-hand with the banning of bagpipes which were seen as an instrument of war.

During this ban, the only people who were legally permitted to wear kilts were military pipers – and they could only wear a kilt in their military tartan.

“No man or boy within that part of Great Britain called Scotland, other than such as shall be employed as officers and soldiers in His Majesty’s Forces, shall... wear or put on the clothes commonly called Highland Clothes”

This ban remained in place until 1783.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:09 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
When I was in public high school the female students were not allowed to wear pants. Of any kind. Not dress pants, no jeans, no shorts. Dresses and skirts every day, knee-length or longer. No casual Fridays. Boys were not allowed to have hair that touched their ears or fell over their eyebrows. All that changed in the late 1960s and the world didn't end. Students learned just as much with those fashions allowed.
A lot of people pine for the 'good old days' when what one wore was enforced by laws, rules, and social codes (what we now call 'political correctness').

They hate the fact that people are more widely free to dress as they please these days. At heart, they are authoritarians who are uncomfortable with freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies