Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I was listing the GOP states with terrorist attacks to show how flawed the OP's premise is. Radical Islamists seem to like gun rights states.
Sure, if you ignore San Bernadino and Santa Monica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I am curious if the OP also considers mass shootings, which this classifies as one, as being a problem in this country because typically when some crazy white guy goes and shoots up a church, school, theater, mall, and so on we are told by those on the right that there is no problem, it is too soon to talk about this, and that there is nothing we can do because anything done would just hinder our rights.

Had this been a mass shooting in Orlando by a crazy white guy, would anyone on the right even care or would they say that it was tragic but there is nothing we can do about it?

Crazy guy commits atrocity, Libs in turn seek to punish Americans for his actions.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:28 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlksoalL View Post
Agree 100%..

But the right - their corporate lovefest is why we prop up all these middle east countries. The bottom line is they have sowed the destruction of the nation by putting us in a situation where many freedoms are soon to be gone. At some point one of these will target politicians. And if it is successful, the government will do away with the 2 amendment. It will have no choice, and that will be the end of the United States.

So, really, while they didn't win the way they thought, the radicals have likely got a path to what they wanted.
The establishment right pretends to oppose the left, but at the first hint of pushback from the left, they immediately crumble, cower and start apologizing.

The establishment right and left are both in bed with the corporations and the moneyed elites. That is the most logical explanation for why both sides continually act in ways that are severely damaging to their constituents.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:29 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Liberalism is a religion that holds certain beliefs:

White is bad (unless liberal and/or gay)
Male is terrible (unless liberal, gay, or non-white)
Christianity is terrible (unless black), all other religions are okay and Islam is the best almost as good as Atheism
Republican is bad
Conservative Christianity is the devil...white, Christian, Conservative male is lucifer in drag
Gay is angels

This is how liberals have been preached to and many accepted the religion. No amount of evidence to the contrary is accepted.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:31 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Israel's current government is very conservative and they get attacked all the time.
Israel is part of the problem. We need to stop supporting them and sending over money. Just leave the entire Middle East alone.. stop playing policeman of the world... stop forcing democracy or whatever we try to call it.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:31 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I am curious why you cannot focus on the fact that 50 of our brothers and sisters have been murdered by a Radical Islamic Jihadist encouraged and supported by a foreign enemy?

Why bring unrelated incidents into it?
I am actually very saddened by this mass murder, it has affected a number of people close to me, and has been a very devastating thing for all those that were involved.

Though last time I checked, the man who killed these people was a born and raised American. If he were Christian, would you be calling him a Radical Crusading Christian? Of course not. You didn't blame an entire religion when that crazy white guy shot up a black church. Just because this fuels your hatred of Muslims is the only reason you are making this about religion, and here you have the nerve to tell me to have sympathy for the LGBT community and those the lost their lives.

Would you care if a crazy white guy shot up a bunch of people in the LGBT community?

Old 06-12-2016, 09:36 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Liberalism is a religion that holds certain beliefs:

White is bad (unless liberal and/or gay)
Male is terrible (unless liberal, gay, or non-white)
Christianity is terrible (unless black), all other religions are okay and Islam is the best almost as good as Atheism
Republican is bad
Conservative Christianity is the devil...white, Christian, Conservative male is lucifer in drag
Gay is angels

This is how liberals have been preached to and many accepted the religion. No amount of evidence to the contrary is accepted.
Among them, they hate each other. Do you think that BLM gives a crap about muslims? During the Paris massacres, BLM was pissed because the Paris attack "overshadowed" their stories about black-only safe spaces at whatever universities they were protesting at. The LGBT doesn't give a crap about Muslim attacks either - as evidenced here on CD. Muslims also hate the LGBT (no secret there) and don't condemn the "extremists" for throwing them off of high rooftops. The head of the ACLU resigned because she stood true to her convictions regarding the pedophilia induced bathroom laws and how they made her daughter feel uncomfortable. The LGBT didn't give a crap about the ACLU or the feelings of a 6 year old girl around a man with a penis and boobs.

So, while the left thinks the GOP is falling apart, they are falling apart even faster and don't even realize it because they're too busy blaming white christians, waving rainbow flags, hosting BLM protests closing down bridges, awarding 13th place medals, and medicating an entire population with whatever drug is popular today so that people don't get their feelings hurt and feel depressed.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:42 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Sure, if you ignore San Bernadino and Santa Monica.
Santa Monica wasn't based on religion. Dude was just a weirdo virgin.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:54 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I am curious why you cannot focus on the fact that 50 of our brothers and sisters have been murdered by a Radical Islamic Jihadist encouraged and supported by a foreign enemy?

Why bring unrelated incidents into it?
Are you in Orlando? I am, and this scumbag was a US born, wife beater, bi polar nutcase , and cop wannabe... who attached himself to radical Isis . So far no real proof besides his mouth, to indicate otherwise, unless there is a medium talking to a ghost ?? I'll hold until FBI finishes.kg

Old 06-12-2016, 09:54 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I am actually very saddened by this mass murder, it has affected a number of people close to me, and has been a very devastating thing for all those that were involved.

Though last time I checked, the man who killed these people was a born and raised American. If he were Christian, would you be calling him a Radical Crusading Christian? Of course not. You didn't blame an entire religion when that crazy white guy shot up a black church. Just because this fuels your hatred of Muslims is the only reason you are making this about religion, and here you have the nerve to tell me to have sympathy for the LGBT community and those the lost their lives.

Would you care if a crazy white guy shot up a bunch of people in the LGBT community?
You have nailed it. The only thing that ever matters is the religion or the race of the shooter.

White/Christian/skinhead--he's obviously mentally ill and is absolutely not a reflection on every white Christian in the country. He's a "lone wolf."

Minority or Muslim shooter--he is a thug or a radical who is representative of every one of his race or religion.

They won't admit it, but they don't have to. They essentially say as much with every post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies