Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 01:13 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,484,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
you have no idea what the situation was like inside. many fled, many were laying there dead or wounded or praying for cops to come save them, and they took their sweet a** time.
They would have been better off attacking him, just the way it is, that's why they teach that in active shooter training. That's just the facts. I wouldn't doubt that some of the people shot were shot by the cops too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,476,408 times
Quote:
with all due respect, the NYT is an ultra liberal viewpoint. The last thing they are known to be is fair and balanced.
With all due respect, the NYT'S liberal or conservative views are completely irrelevant. The facts are-3 hours as dozens laid dead or dying.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They would have been better off attacking him, just the way it is, that's why they teach that in active shooter training. That's just the facts. I wouldn't doubt that some of the people shot were shot by the cops too.
I don't doubt that either. but telling survivors they had an obligation to attack the gunman with their bare hands is out of line. IMO.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:18 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,931,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
1- conflicting reports from callers to 911- some said more than one, alcohol, no description what would have singled him out-- look at the pictures of the victims, the place was weird- a lot of little cubby holes hard to enter. and possible bomb-
there was a negotiator, but this guy had no plan- he was all over the place to some yelling to other saying please be quiet - its hard to determine what is the best course of action - when the caller said was with Isis- I thought they might have tear gassed the place- but he might have shot them all and had a mask? We do not know, and I am sure some died due to immediate care- Many survivors are talking now

This may of contributed to the time it took.

Saw news report Sunday morning.

Shooter called 911 saying he was wearing a bomb vest. Mentioning he was going to forcing his captives to wear bomb vests....

Link - Orlando shooter told police he wore bomb vest; details on massacre revealed - UPI.com

Old 06-14-2016, 01:21 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,052,704 times
Quote:
I don't doubt that either. but telling survivors they had an obligation to attack the gunman with their bare hands is out of line. IMO.
Everyone in there was an adult I assume and in good shape, good enough to go party lol. A group of adult men can handle any other adult male, assuming he isn't Chuck Norris because Chuck Norris one time defeated 100 ninjas, while he was blind folded.

Use you imagination, punch him in the face, choke him, grab the rifle, push him to the ground, do something.

Men use to be fighters. Even the simple farmer would pick up his pitchfork and fight to the death. Even gay men rode to battle, like Alexander the Great, who led chargers from the front against enemies who usually outnumbered him 5 to 1. Then after victory, he went to camp and smashed his gay lover.

Men use to fight.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:24 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,232,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Easy to judge now, from a computer days after the event, but the fact that it was a known ISIS inspired attacker, I think it is okay to assume it isn't a typical hostage situation. I think it was a huge tactical error. Perhaps that is why the kill count is so high.

Also I find it disturbing that the hostages did not rush the attacker. Yeah I admit it is easy to say now, but I think it was obvious that this guys intent was to kill as many as possible, not a bank robber or something. When you change the mag on an AR15, especially under a stressful situation, there is plenty of time to rush. I fumble around when putting mags in at the range, this is when I am well rested, not scared, no worries, etc. Human beings don't have a fighting spirit anymore. We are told to coward and hide, all these mass shootings are usually just one or two people. A crowd can easily overwhelm them.

Domesticated sheep we r.
I agree. Over 200 people and some couldn't find the intestinal fortitude to fight back! Incredible!

Old 06-14-2016, 01:39 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,342,866 times
IMO you only negotiate in a hostage situation BEFORE shots are fired. In an active shooter situation, all negotiations stop. I don't think it was the right call to wait for 3 hours, which seems like an insanely long time when people are dying, but that's easy to say from the safety of my home. I believe if he didn't call to say he had a bomb vest, the SWAT team would have had the place swarmed in minutes and the death toll would have been much lower.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I agree. Over 200 people and some couldn't find the intestinal fortitude to fight back! Incredible!
Unbelievably out of line to blame victims and survivors like you're doing!

Here's the time line of the massacre for anyone wanting facts instead of guesses and rumors. http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...ting-timeline/

Old 06-14-2016, 01:51 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,789 times
it makes much more sense to me for cops/SWAT to storm the club instead of waiting 3 HOURS, than to expect hostages to rush the gunman. If the cops didn't do it, with all their training, how can anyone expect terrified civilians to do it? not everyone is a Jason Bourne or James Bond.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:52 PM

19,963 posts, read 12,252,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Everyone in there was an adult I assume and in good shape, good enough to go party lol. A group of adult men can handle any other adult male, assuming he isn't Chuck Norris because Chuck Norris one time defeated 100 ninjas, while he was blind folded.

Use you imagination, punch him in the face, choke him, grab the rifle, push him to the ground, do something.

Men use to be fighters. Even the simple farmer would pick up his pitchfork and fight to the death. Even gay men rode to battle, like Alexander the Great, who led chargers from the front against enemies who usually outnumbered him 5 to 1. Then after victory, he went to camp and smashed his gay lover.

Men use to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Unbelievable. Blame the victims. Two sick posts, esp. peequi, loling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies