Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
How many slaves did your family own for you to acquire so much guilt?
Really? American people and their attitudes. What's not to love, right?

Not one, can put the shoe on the other foot, put themselves into a situation and understand what it means, not one. I bet your ancestors can though. You know the ones. The ones that arrived up on Ellis Island off the ship that took 'em 4 years to get here, from the other country so far away in the distance.

I don't know the average age group posting, but I do know that in about 20 years, the face of America, well lets just say, change is coming as it should. No amount of whining about it, will stop it.

Be careful for what you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 07:34 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Really? American people and their attitudes. What's not to love, right?

Not one, can put the shoe on the other foot, put themselves into a situation and understand what it means, not one. I bet your ancestors can though. You know the ones. The ones that arrived up on Ellis Island off the ship that took 'em 4 years to get here, from the other country so far away in the distance.
I am a positively brown guy who immigrated to America via JFK.
Unlike you, I don't have to "pretend" to be in their situation, I have lived in that situation all along.

Quote:
I don't know the average age group posting, but I do know that in about 20 years, the face of America, well lets just say, change is coming as it should. No amount of whining about it, will stop it.

Be careful for what you wish.
I quite welcome legal immigration, what I oppose is the Islamization of America.
Why is it that majority of terrorist incident in America involve Muslims?
Why aren't the Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Sikhs, Druids etc killing in the name of their religion?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:27 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
I can see stopping isn't going to happen any time soon, right. Honestly, I don't know why this is considered a liberal thing.

I'm a Texan, born and raised. I could move to North Dakota, but I will always be a Texan.

I'm an American. I could move to Germany, but I will always be an American.

However, I would have to really think about it before I could say, 'I'm a Proud American', because with in the last 10 years, this country has changed to the point that I don't recognize it.

I can understand her saying she will always be Syrian. Besides she has no reason to say, or feel otherwise.
Good then, I'll join the liberal bandwagon...911 good, Orlando good, we need to have things like that happen every day and bring in more people to continue the assault...it's all good

Old 06-16-2016, 08:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obama sees himself as black, but folks like you won't give him that.

So don't change up now. Apply the same principle.
Of course Obama sees himself as ALL black but he isn't.. he attended a BLACK power church for 20 years and he is as racist as they come.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
I am a positively brown guy who immigrated to America via JFK.
Unlike you, I don't have to "pretend" to be in their situation, I have lived in that situation all along.

I quite welcome legal immigration, what I oppose is the Islamization of America.
Why is it that majority of terrorist incident in America involve Muslims?
Why aren't the Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Sikhs, Druids etc killing in the name of their religion?
On the first part good to know. At least you are not a positively brown guy that came to American that the American people did not say, 'Welcome to America, now go home'. If that had happened, would you not start to think that perhaps you jumped from a fire into a fry pan? Also, it is not "pretend" in coming to an understanding of a situation.

On the second part, there are enough threads (have not researched them all myself) that have stated that the terrorist incidents have been made were by American-Muslims? The attacks, killings were done by U.S. Citizens, legal immigrants. (9/11 that was an import job)

The Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Sikhs, Druids, ect ... are not working toward setting up a government based on their ideals. They have a government in place based on their ideals and they are happy with that. Now, they may have to fight in order to keep that government.

Final, this world, use to be free world where migrations happened. People migrated from continent to continent and eventually settled.

By today's definition of terrorists, George Washington and his militia would be considered as such. This continent was being settled by immigrants traveling in from all around the globe and the fight for the type of government we have today, was brutal.

If one would like to do that today, where would they go? There is no where to go, that isn't settled already.

In the name of their religion? Protestants were of the group that began to migrate to America and form a government, in the name of their religion? Could be. 250 years ago, the people knew what they wanted and they knew what they didn't want and they set out to set it up. We had our Civil War; it was horrible with all the killings.

The Sunni (I believe it is safe to say) wish to create a narrative based on a religious war as it has been prophesied in the book of Revelation in the Christian Bible. They believe that by creating that narrative, they will instill fear in all of humanity and they will win, their form of government implemented in all parts of the globe. By our continuing to play into their narrative we are playing right into their hands.

We need to stop doing that. We need to stop calling this what it isn't. And America needs to gain a higher understanding before its to late. At the present, we are an embarrassment, and we are about to elect a leader that will tie this all up in a nice neat little package and delver it, right to their doorstep.

You asked if it was guilt that has brought about my words. It isn't guilt. Its shame. Shame that a country that has free education that can act like they haven't a clue.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Good then, I'll join the liberal bandwagon...911 good, Orlando good, we need to have things like that happen every day and bring in more people to continue the assault...it's all good
He was born in America, his parents were immigrants, legal citizens. Now why would some one born and raised in America, suddenly just go nuts? I can answer that. I bet if you thought about it, you could to. If you were being honest.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Of course Obama sees himself as ALL black but he isn't.. he attended a BLACK power church for 20 years and he is as racist as they come.
So how is this Syrian lady not white?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:47 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
DHS Adviser: 9/11 Changed World For Good | The Daily Caller

Hmm... This is the liberal left's dream.
People will believe anything when it validates their perceptions.

Laila is a Muslim feminist who takes crap from no one.

The Daily Caller mischaracterized her remarks and appointment to create sensational click bait. What else is new?

Laila Alawa and the Department of Homeland Security : snopes.com

Old 06-16-2016, 09:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
He was born in America, his parents were immigrants, legal citizens. Now why would some one born and raised in America, suddenly just go nuts? I can answer that. I bet if you thought about it, you could to. If you were being honest.
No shortage of born and raised in America folk who are serious whack jobs and they are not Muslim.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:02 AM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No shortage of born and raised in America folk who are serious whack jobs and they are not Muslim.
So why import foreign whack jobs also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies