Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 04:23 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,450,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What is yours?

The mom deserves what ever is donated to her.......it's not as if she won this in a case of her daughter being violated. If my child was violated in this way, I would be praying also the young men are punished. Stories from the person called grandma tells a different story, that is being ignored. The grandma is being harassed, why would Muslims and some locals in Twin Falls harass a woman helping a scared 5 yr old. Seems what the woman saw is not being presented truthfully!

From your link; What actually happened during the incident remains unclear because the case was sealed to the public.

Plus, your article was dripping with contempt for the girl's family......bet you didn't even bother to read any of the comments following this bias newspaper article.
My motive? I live here..in Twin Falls..and am tired of lies and innuendo being perpetrated by outsiders with an agenda. The grandma is not being harassed...but she is also not being believed..because the evidence contradicts her story. Interesting you call the offenders 'young men' in that one of them is 7 years old.

As for the family...while sympathy for the victim in this case is universal here...the family has not endeared themselves to the community...it appears that the mom sees this as an opportunity for financial gain and fame..in some circles. Because a horrible thing happened to their child..it does not sanctify their behavior.

Why are you insisting the the offenders in this case are not being punished? Two are still incarcerated--and one..again...is 7 years old..what 'punishment do you mandate for a 7 year old?

My point..again..you know nothing..and care nothing about this case..you appear willing to ignore and/or make up facts to fit your narrative. Yes, some facts are unclear to the public..because the record is sealed..this does not mean that everyone is now free to 'fill in the blanks' as they see fit.

BTW..again not that it matters..the families of the two Eritrean boys...are Christian.
Before you say you don't care..if you didn't care you'd not keep harping on the 'Moslem' angle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 05:44 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,590,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The girl was 5.
The ages of the boys makes it startling and troubling because they are a product of their invironment and the beliefs in that invironment.
That would be true of almost anyone who commits a rape though, the fact that they are muslim is why there are 60+ pages of this thread.

Why are you and others pretending otherwise ???

Quote:
What is this thread about? Hint; not every other rape! Stay on topic!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,955,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But not if they did the same to a 17-year-old college student at a party?

The whole thread topic is based on fake news, anyway. Y'all are so gullible when a story has the immigrants people love to hate headlined as perps.
FAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Savages!
Isn't is funny the poster you replied to was blaming NA, how is this any better?.......yet, how many on here are mad others are blaming Muslims! It was the actions that have made people upset, not the people or boys involved, due to their culture. Although, I agree some people have protested against all refugees coming to America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That would be true of almost anyone who commits a rape though, the fact that they are muslim is why there are 60+ pages of this thread.

Why are you and others pretending otherwise ???
If you would like to start a thread about rapes in America, I will consider replying. Until then, this is about a 5 yr old little girl who happened to trust her playmates! Instead the media made it out to be they were not Syrian refugees, why was the media and officials so concerned about making sure we all knew these kids were not from Syria? Did it really matter?

Last edited by wildflower82; 04-13-2017 at 09:50 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
My motive? I live here..in Twin Falls..and am tired of lies and innuendo being perpetrated by outsiders with an agenda. The grandma is not being harassed...but she is also not being believed..because the evidence contradicts her story. Interesting you call the offenders 'young men' in that one of them is 7 years old.
I live in this state, also! My mistake on typing young men, I have tried to always refer to them as boys. By the way many of us refer to young men by the age of 14.

Quote:
As for the family...while sympathy for the victim in this case is universal here...the family has not endeared themselves to the community...it appears that the mom sees this as an opportunity for financial gain and fame..in some circles. Because a horrible thing happened to their child..it does not sanctify their behavior.
You are the only one, I have heard say this!

Quote:
Why are you insisting the the offenders in this case are not being punished? Two are still incarcerated--and one..again...is 7 years old..what 'punishment do you mandate for a 7 year old?
Are they explaining to these children why this is NOT acceptable behavior or making sure their feelings are not hurt. The 7 yr old is most likely a product of the older boys and in the wrong place at wrong time. If these boys are not learning manners and behavior on how to treat girls and women, all of this will be for nothing. I believe community service would be a better punishment than locking them up.

Quote:
My point..again..you know nothing..and care nothing about this case..you appear willing to ignore and/or make up facts to fit your narrative. Yes, some facts are unclear to the public..because the record is sealed..this does not mean that everyone is now free to 'fill in the blanks' as they see fit.

Quote:
BTW..again not that it matters..the families of the two Eritrean boys...are Christian.
Before you say you don't care..if you didn't care you'd not keep harping on the 'Moslem' angle.
You are the one making this more about Muslims and religion......your agenda is becoming OBVIOUS! This has nothing to do with those boys being Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu.....stop making up stuff to protect the fact your officials kept claiming the kids were not Syrian refugees. This is were the problem really took off, the officials kept saying, "No, they're not Syrian." Instead of saying, Yes, they are refugees, just not from Syria. For a few weeks all we heard from the media was they were not Syrian refugees!

By the way Christians coming from another country, usually has Islam woven in, so don't try to sell me your bill of Christian goodness.

My guess, you work for the Refugee Center and hate to lose your cush job!

Last edited by wildflower82; 04-13-2017 at 09:55 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 09:52 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,913,122 times
Quote:
I live in this state, also! My mistake on typing young men, I have tried to always refer to them as boys. By the way many of us refer to young men by the age of 14.

Are they explaining to these children why this is NOT acceptable behavior or making sure their feelings are not hurt. The 7 yr old is most likely a product of the older boys and in the wrong place at wrong time. If these boys are not learning manners and behavior on how to treat girls and women, all of this will be for nothing.

You are the one making this more about Muslims and religion......your agenda is becoming OBVIOUS! This has nothing to do with those boys being Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu.....stop making up stuff to protect the fact your officials kept claiming the kids were not Syrian refugees. This is were the problem really took off, the officials kept saying, "No, they're not Syrian." Instead of saying, Yes, they are refugees, just not from Syria. For a few weeks all we heard from the media was they were not Syrian refugees!

By the way Christians coming from another country, usually has Islam woven in, so don't try to sell me your bill of Christian goodness.

It looks like you've run out of anything coherent to say so now you're resorting to wild speculation.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Priests, refugees, anyone is capable of assault. Ideally, people would be just as outraged by assailants with citizenship as they are incensed by refugees.
The difference you and some others seem to miss is that these families with issues didn't have to be in this country to begin with, they were imported not born here.
What some are arguing is why are we importing trouble when we have plenty homegrown trouble as it is and your list shows.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Actually it is true I live in ID they were Refugees that live in the area. The city leaders tried to say it did not happen at a city meeting as angry residents confronted wo was on the panel that night. Turns out an elderly lady caught the boys when she investigated she found the girl

This is the only recording I could find of this it starts at about 2:11.
https://www.therebel.media/exclusive...old_idaho_girl

The boys involved are being evicted from their apartment complex

Fawnbrook evicting families of boys implicated in assault case | Southern Idaho Local News | magicvalley.com
you completely ignored what I said, and instead talked about a cover up.

I spoke to the accusations made and the reality of the crime.

The internet and even this thread is riddled with people spreading fake news versions of a real event.

Many versions tell this as a gang rape murder.

Over the course of months as one part after another has been proved false, the entire thing has been watered down to sexual assault. Nobody claims the sexual assault of any human being is acceptable. It certainly is not, it is disgusting.

But it is not a gang rape nor murder is it?

We have about 500 Rapes a day in the USA. (reported clearly there are more) the only reason this thread has so many replies is because it involves minorities and was a suitable story for racists, bigots , sectarians white nationalists to pile on and attack refugees.

That is the whole reason this story is still going it is the whole reason anyone gives a damn. You can sure sure worse has happened near your home and mine in the last weeks. the newsworthy aspect of this story is its use by racists to promote hatred and fear.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It looks like you've run out of anything coherent to say so now you're resorting to wild speculation.
My point was the poster keeps insisting it is only because they're Muslim......I don't care if they're Christian doesn't make the punishment any less!

Facts are hard for some to accept! Although, I find them to be interesting people, the Yazidi faith is not solid Jesus, they're not full on Christians. Try looking things up before claiming others are Christian. Many Muslims hate the Yazidis and the Yazidis do believe in Mohammed......their faith is also built upon the Islam religion and Old Testament.

Why is this hard to understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you completely ignored what I said, and instead talked about a cover up.

I spoke to the accusations made and the reality of the crime.

The internet and even this thread is riddled with people spreading fake news versions of a real event.

Many versions tell this as a gang rape murder.

Over the course of months as one part after another has been proved false, the entire thing has been watered down to sexual assault. Nobody claims the sexual assault of any human being is acceptable. It certainly is not, it is disgusting.

But it is not a gang rape nor murder is it?

We have about 500 Rapes a day in the USA. (reported clearly there are more) the only reason this thread has so many replies is because it involves minorities and was a suitable story for racists, bigots , sectarians white nationalists to pile on and attack refugees.

That is the whole reason this story is still going it is the whole reason anyone gives a damn. You can sure sure worse has happened near your home and mine in the last weeks. the newsworthy aspect of this story is its use by racists to promote hatred and fear.
No one is saying this.......you are full of drama and making this thread about something it is not! Sounds like it is you who is diluting it from rape to some kind of sexual assault......well, since you put it this way, that little girl is just making sh*t up, possibly she should do community service, and let these boys enjoy school and free housing curiosity of the American tax payer.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Are they explaining to these children why this is NOT acceptable behavior or making sure their feelings are not hurt. The 7 yr old is most likely a product of the older boys and in the wrong place at wrong time. If these boys are not learning manners and behavior on how to treat girls and women, all of this will be for nothing. I believe community service would be a better punishment than locking them up.

LoL..nope..I be retired..for the most part. I do some writing and some consultant work...that's about it.

My last post on this..my fellow Idahoan---the 7 year old was charged only to get the funding to counsel him..as you state..wrong place, wrong time. If you re-read your posts you will see that you use the term 'Moslem'..and 'refugee' a lot. Just responding.
In truth..the whole Syrian thing missed me--I was more tuned in to all the other misrepresentations..Rape..Knife...adult offenders, etc..Most of what I heard was community based, rather than media.
We have a different take, based on our acquaintance with the parties involved...I guess that can be both good and bad.

Not sure about the 'Bill of Christian goodness' remark..not really where my head is at..just pointing out another of the inaccuracies that have plagued this case from the beginning.

I've been assured that all the offenders are in treatment and will be there for some time..in an odd twist..treatment has been continually offered to the victim..and the family has declined. Local CPS has some concerns with this..given that the victim is developmentally disabled. No one is quite sure if treatment can be ordered.

As for the Grandmother..she is the source of many of the inaccuracies--such as the knife--the entire offense was recorded...from entry into the laundry room to the discovery of the event...her statements regarding the event are at odds with the video..the authorities tried to reconcile the accounts..but the timelines and accounts just did not add up.

I hope this clears up any lingering questions that you might have. I just don't think that their refugee status had any real bearing on what happened--I get that you may disagree--but let us all acknowledge that this was a tragedy--and that it is contemptible to cynically use people's misfortunes to advance a political agenda.

Thanks for taking the time to engage in this debate.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The boys, 8, 10 and 13 raped and urinated in and on the 5 year old girl. The attack was recorded on a cell phone by the oldest attacker and was confiscated by the neighbor who discovered the incident. It's too bad the parents surrendered the phone to the authorities without making a copy of the video.
Lie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies