Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 09:58 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Some people care about certain things; they will follow an event and get the specific mechanics of the whole event. Me, not so much.

Shoot, I don't even know where I saw her testimony. If it was being televised and I happened to be in front of a T.V. or if I was viewing live coverage on C-Span. I just know what my take away was and I also know I couldn't stomach watching the rest of it. What I heard out of HC, 'not my job'. It was in reference to the events leading up to the attack. And if I could find and post, document what I watched and heard her say, I would.

But see, I believe people are going to hear what they want to hear anyway. I doubt if I could find the clip specific and post it, that it would make a difference.

I'm sure those that believe there is enough blame to go around, could be they are right. However, for me, that was all I needed to understand it and wonder how she could sleep nights.
I believe she has always said it was her responsibility. But it was not her job. It was at a level of detail thaat she could not possibly exercise. How would she know how to compare 6 US Securtiy guys and a few dozen local militias with the resources needed to protect the Embassy in Cairo or Mexico City?

Ambassador Stevens had much better and more detailed knowledge of the situation in Benghazi and chose to be there. And he was an expert on the area. So probably the smartest guy on the subject of Benghazi security in the State Dept got it wrong and got himself killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 11:21 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I believe she has always said it was her responsibility. But it was not her job. It was at a level of detail thaat she could not possibly exercise. How would she know how to compare 6 US Securtiy guys and a few dozen local militias with the resources needed to protect the Embassy in Cairo or Mexico City?

Ambassador Stevens had much better and more detailed knowledge of the situation in Benghazi and chose to be there. And he was an expert on the area. So probably the smartest guy on the subject of Benghazi security in the State Dept got it wrong and got himself killed.
Just goes to show that you can be book smart, but have no common sense. I didn't go to Harvard, but I would have been able to tell that going to Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11 with two guards from Tripoli would be a suicide mission. The French and British governments had already left the city because it was too dangerous. Why was he such a true believer? Or is that just spin because he had no choice but to go there for an arms deal? I personally would be able to believe the second scenario much more than the first. I don't think he was stupid, but couldn't they put off that trip a week so they weren't there right on the anniversary?

Old 07-01-2016, 12:11 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just goes to show that you can be book smart, but have no common sense. I didn't go to Harvard, but I would have been able to tell that going to Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11 with two guards from Tripoli would be a suicide mission. The French and British governments had already left the city because it was too dangerous. Why was he such a true believer? Or is that just spin because he had no choice but to go there for an arms deal? I personally would be able to believe the second scenario much more than the first. I don't think he was stupid, but couldn't they put off that trip a week so they weren't there right on the anniversary?
I have always thought from day one that it was a CIA deal of some kind and that Stevens was part of it. And was involved in it.

But the CIA will never admit it. Nor will those at the State Dept who work with and for the CIA.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
I watched the movie, even with the effects that were thrown in, it is as close to the actual events that took place as it can possibly get, and it's easy to answer the question of who ordered the numerous stand down orders, which had to have come from only one source in the chain of command, due to the utter incompetence of the POTUS, who was in Las Vegas and cared more about the event he was attending instead of the events and chaos that took place in Benghazi and led to 4 people getting killed. Of course nobody in the administration will admit to it, so figure it out yourself, less than 2 months to the 2012 elections, they didn't want to hurt the Obama campaign, and shortly after the attacks, they came up with an excuse about a video on You Tube they said caused the attacks.

Now the former Secretary of State is running for office and nobody in the administration is willing to acknowledge who gave the Stand Down order for the sake of politics.

Some day the truth will come out.

Absolute delusion...

Old 07-01-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well look no further than the State Department which just refused to let anyone see the Duchess's emails for about 3 years into the future. And you don't think they could have covered up a stand down? Get Real.

Why would multiple GOP-led investigations "cover up" negligent actions from a Democrat who is currently running for President?

You make less and less sense as this thread goes on and that is saying something....

Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Why would multiple GOP-led investigations "cover up" negligent actions from a Democrat who is currently running for President?

You make less and less sense as this thread goes on and that is saying something....
He means the state dept, not the committee.

This thread... Not sure while it's still going. The committee's finally over, the movie is at red box... Lol

Old 07-01-2016, 06:24 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
And I trust them far more than lying Obama and Hillary!
You trust a fictitious film more than 4 years of hearings because they gave you the answers you wanted to hear.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You trust a fictitious film more than 4 years of hearings because they gave you the answers you wanted to hear.

The movie actually gave absolutely NO answers about anything POTUS/Cabinet level. Which makes the fact that people are using it as evidence of Obama/Hillary's incompetence even more ridiculous.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:45 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The movie actually gave absolutely NO answers about anything POTUS/Cabinet level. Which makes the fact that people are using it as evidence of Obama/Hillary's incompetence even more ridiculous.
But now we are back to the stand-down order that has been beaten to death.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:48 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
But now we are back to the stand-down order that has been beaten to death.
So, should the committee re-convene and call Michael bay and zuckoff to congress to order the American people to stand down on the stand down order? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies