Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when bills like this comes up and fails even if by one vote, then I tend to look at all the amendments that are put on the bill.

those amendments are why they might be going against it.
pass a law stating that all bills cannot have amendments attached to any bill.
The thread is about Cruz voting YES to allow illegal searches. Glad it didn't pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 02:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,220,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The thread is about Cruz voting YES to allow illegal searches. Glad it didn't pass.
I am glad it did not pass either. best to start encrypting your computer and phones, plus stay away from anything made for apple.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,962,246 times
There's something about Cruz that rubs me very, very wrong. He sets off my "creepdar" every time I see him. I would be amazed if there are not some huge, embarrassing skeletons in his closet.

This also confirms my suspicion that he is another big-government, paternalistic Republican. We don't need anymore of those.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:52 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,220,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
There's something about Cruz that rubs me very, very wrong. He sets off my "creepdar" every time I see him. I would be amazed if there are not some huge, embarrassing skeletons in his closet.

This also confirms my suspicion that he is another big-government, paternalistic Republican. We don't need anymore of those.

cruz and clinton are 2 politicians built from the same cloth.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,140,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Actions not words. Hope they vote him out. Btw, none of these clowns are for the constitution.

Yep. Should have passed. We need to have high security to uncover secretive plots. If there is nothing on your computer to worry about then big deal....

Old 06-22-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post

What a chicken **** analysis you just gave. Your "creepdar", nice one. So if someone isnt attractive to you then it sets of your suspicions......nice work!

Old 06-22-2016, 03:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,561,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Yep. Should have passed. We need to have high security to uncover secretive plots. If there is nothing on your computer to worry about then big deal....
have you ever taken a history class where the constitution is reviewed? all of these ambiguous laws are KNEE JERK reactions to fear. They give authorities the right to illegally search and seize as well as put anyone's name on lists who may not belong there. Ever hear of due process? Do you know how hard it is to get your name off a no fly or terror watch list even if it's a mistake?

Unlike you, many Americans don't want to hand over their rights blindly.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
have you ever taken a history class where the constitution is reviewed? all of these ambiguous laws are KNEE JERK reactions to fear. They give authorities the right to illegally search and seize as well as put anyone's name on lists who may not belong there. Ever hear of due process? Do you know how hard it is to get your name off a no fly or terror watch list even if it's a mistake?

Unlike you, many Americans don't want to hand over their rights blindly.

Not blindly, but with caution. These are people already under surveillance.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:19 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,469,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when bills like this comes up and fails even if by one vote, then I tend to look at all the amendments that are put on the bill.

those amendments are why they might be going against it.
pass a law stating that all bills cannot have amendments attached to any bill.
While a bit off topic I agree 100%. I would go farther and instead of just a law make it a constitutional amendment. One bill one topic no off topic amendments attached.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:21 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,643,570 times
funny how the OP forgets about the 57 others who voted the same as cruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies