Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 12:45 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

AR-15's vs. Revolvers vs. Pistols. Which one is an assault weapon?

D - none of the above.

Unless we're just allowed to make up our own definitions for whatever suits us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 01:16 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
More anti gun ignorance. Ever been in a firefight? You commonly engage at hunderds of yards. A rifle is the only option if we ever need to defend the country against enemies, foreign OR domestic.

Handguns are used to be socially acceptable for civilian defense against the millions of bad guys the infest the country.
only if you are fighting in a battle with hundreds of other soldiers. however most civilians are going to be at a distance of less than 25 yards if they get into a gun fight.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:23 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Amen Sister!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ

Old 06-25-2016, 01:53 AM

991 posts, read 629,240 times
Perfectly Legal ...

Slide Fire® The Official Bump Fire Stock - AR15, AK47, Saiga, M&P and Ruger Rifles - Freedom Unleashed

Old 06-25-2016, 02:21 AM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I believe all 3 are Assault Weapons, but why not call them all, Aggravated Assault Weapons, that is the charge, a criminal will have if he murders someone with any type of gun.

Why are politicians trying to ban all those scary looking long military style guns, even when the smaller Revolvers and Pistols do the same amount of carnage.
Tell you what, make Obama get all those weapons he gave ISIS back. You know the ones they used to murder thousands of people? When he and Hillary get them back they can try to come after mine. God people are gullible and completely blind. Do you have any idea how many weapons Obumbler and
Hillary have given to hostiles so they could kill in the name of democracy and how many were given
To terrorists?

Old 06-25-2016, 02:21 AM

788 posts, read 512,784 times
Quote:
I believe all 3 are Assault Weapons, but why not call them all, Aggravated Assault Weapons, that is the charge, a criminal will have if he murders someone with any type of gun.

Why are politicians trying to ban all those scary looking long military style guns, even when the smaller Revolvers and Pistols do the same amount of carnage.
Because banning guns, any guns, increases their power over the "subjects" they wish to rule over (not govern, but rule).

Old 06-25-2016, 03:46 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
None are/ They are tools. Thats it.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:

Yeah but, Squirrels and Rabbits have a chance against revolvers and pistols... don't want that, huh?

Old 06-25-2016, 07:04 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yeah but, Squirrels and Rabbits have a chance against revolvers and pistols... don't want that, huh?
Probably most hunters that used AR-15's on squirrels and rabbits would have about the same kill ratio. Killing is about placing the round in a critical hit zone. Many hunters have sat at deer stands and listened to other hunters fire multiple rounds and in many cases; those deer are still alive and well. The lone shots are the ones that usually kill. The recoil of the weapons force the barrel upwards and off the targets. That is why many professionals, even when they have fully automatic weapons, still prefer to shoot controlled burst.

Most hunters simply prefer to use shotguns on small game - that is usually what is legal in most states and, at the same time, probably one of the most lethal weapons on the market.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:24 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I would rather call a AR15 a Sporting rifle rather than a assault rifle. Millions use the AR and similar guns for sport like target shooting and competitions, a very small fraction of these guns are used to kill people yet the gun grabbers blame them all.
If all guns vanished tomorrow we would still have mass murders. People have killed others with bombs, edged weapons, and even Kool Aide, remember James Town? yet no has ever thought to ban that sugary drink.

In this crazy PC world we have been subjected to a man can now claim to identify as a woman to gain access to the ladies changing room or bathroom. A person can identify as pretty much anything they want and the hordes of Social Justice PC Warriors will come down hard on anyone who dares to say differently.

So if they ever come for my guns I'm going to identify as a transgendered US Marine and my AR-15 is my comfort animal.
I call her Fluffy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies