Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 06:39 PM

53 posts, read 89,386 times

Advertisements

Obviously both liberals and conservatives are hypocritical in like ten billion different ways, but I am always amused at liberals' consistent hypocrisy when it comes to right-wing extreme conservatism: if it is practiced by a redneck in North Carolina it is PURE EVIL (wait, I thought morality was relative?!), but if it is practiced in a far more severe form by a Muslim it's totally fine!

Redneck who says he doesn't want to share a bathroom with someone of the opposite gender:

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON YOU SHOULD DIE

Muslim who thinks it's ok to impose their sexist religion on everyone, thinks gay people are disgusting, thinks women are sluts unless they cover up their ponytails, etc.:

HEY NO PROBLEM WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE

The funniest part is that liberals have no clue it's THEM (American liberals) that Muslims hate the most! Every muslim I've met has not exactly been friendly to other religions like Hinduism or Christianity, but they tend to have a begrudging acceptance...however, Muslims' reactions to the purple-haired, tattooed, outspoken, gay-obsessed atheist who thinks rednecks should die but Muslims are great is hilariously negative...

Silly liberals, when will you realize liberals hate YOU the most?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 06:57 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
People believe what they want to believe. These liberals want open-borders, and the only way to achieve that, is to slander America(its history, its culture, etc), and praise and defend everyone else.

If Islam isn't considered equal(or better) to other religions or other cultures, then they must remain separate from us, for our own good.

They don't believe it because it is true, they believe it because they want it to be true.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:17 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Do you know who Kevin Swanson is? He's the crazy pastor who just last year at an event in Des Moines, IA told a crowd of 17,000 people, as well as in the presence of 3 Republican presidential candidates, one of who was possibly going to be the nominee (Ted Cruz), that Leviticus calls for the death penalty to homosexuals and that he is not ashamed to believe that. But don't worry, he said he doesn't advocate for the death penalty, because God will send them to hell to burn for eternity. How good of him. He also said that if he were invited to a gay wedding, he would go and cover himself in manure to protest it. And yes, if you're wondering, I've been pestering all of my gay friends to invite Mr. Swanson to their weddings because dammit, I want to see that before I die.

But the point is, this insane person was in the presence of three presidential candidates, Huckabee, Cruz, and Jindal, and none of them said anything about how unreasonable he was. And Ted Cruz was in second, behind Trump. The possible nominee for a major party may very well have been a man who agrees with Kevin Swanson.

So let's ask this, if you live in America, who's really more likely to effect you; an insane person who agrees with Kevin Swanson or a member of ISIS?

Yes, ISIS throws gay people off of roofs, which is worse than being happy about how gay people will burn in Hell. No argument there. Liberal do too often turn a blind eye to the horrors of Islamic fundamentalism. But conservative seem to think it's more of a threat than Christian fundamentalism, and in the US, that simply isn't true. And yeah, Orlando, San Bernandino, and Boston were all Muslims, but what do we make of the groups who embody the values of Kevin Swanson who give money to various candidates and spread filth around?

Liberal are hypocrites when it comes to Islam, but so are conservatives. Viewing religion as being literal is bad, no matter the religion. This is the conclusion that is not being made by either side and this is the problem.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62819 View Post
Obviously both liberals and conservatives are hypocritical in like ten billion different ways, but I am always amused at liberals' consistent hypocrisy when it comes to right-wing extreme conservatism: if it is practiced by a redneck in North Carolina it is PURE EVIL (wait, I thought morality was relative?!), but if it is practiced in a far more severe form by a Muslim it's totally fine!

Redneck who says he doesn't want to share a bathroom with someone of the opposite gender:

YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON YOU SHOULD DIE

Muslim who thinks it's ok to impose their sexist religion on everyone, thinks gay people are disgusting, thinks women are sluts unless they cover up their ponytails, etc.:

HEY NO PROBLEM WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE

The funniest part is that liberals have no clue it's THEM (American liberals) that Muslims hate the most! Every muslim I've met has not exactly been friendly to other religions like Hinduism or Christianity, but they tend to have a begrudging acceptance...however, Muslims' reactions to the purple-haired, tattooed, outspoken, gay-obsessed atheist who thinks rednecks should die but Muslims are great is hilariously negative...

Silly liberals, when will you realize liberals hate YOU the most?

Cool story bro.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:10 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,915 times
I don't judge all people of a particular group based off the actions of a few crazies.

This goes for:
  • Muslims
  • Christians
  • Liberals
  • Conservatives
  • Republicans
  • Democrats
  • Gun Owners
  • Pro-lifers
  • Pro-choicers
  • etc

Furthermore, what's the point in demonizing them? I'm not a liberal, but what good could possibly come of demonizing liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies