Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 12:38 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times

Advertisements

Sorry, Trump fans. He hasn't even been elected, and already is changing his positions. One by one, he is going to reverse all the reasons why you liked him in the first place. I think I am beginning to like him already.

What does he stand for? Getting elected. Just like the politicians, it turns out.

Quote:
Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump appeared to soften his tone on immigration Saturday, saying he wouldn't issue mass deportations if president.

"President Obama has mass deported vast numbers of people — the most ever, and it's never reported. I think people are going to find that I have not only the best policies, but I will have the biggest heart of anybody," Trump said in an interview with Bloomberg Politics Saturday.
Pressed on whether he would issue mass deportations as he has called for in the past, Trump said: "No, I would not call it mass deportations."

"We are going to get rid of a lot of bad dudes who are here. That I can tell you," Trump said.

Throughout his campaign, Trump has promised to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexican border and deport all 11 million people living in the country illegally.

In November, shortly after he launched his presidential campaign, Trump said he would build a "deportation force" to ship those in the country illegally back to their home countries.

"We're going to do it in a very humane fashion. Believe me. I have a bigger heart than you do. We're going to do it in a very human fashion," he said.
Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations' | TheHill

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 12:52 PM

754 posts, read 485,976 times
If he has any chance of winning has to move to the center.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How do Trump supporters keep track of what they're supposed to believe in from one day to the next?
Every case of Kool-Aid comes with a Secret Donny Decoder Ring.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:

How do Trump supporters keep track of what they're supposed to believe in from one day to the next?
They check his Twitter feed. It's their handy solution to having to think for themselves.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:58 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Oh, man, now we are going to have a bunch of Trump supporters start to berate President Obama for deporting too many people, whereas just yesterday the talking point was that Obama refuses to deport anybody.

One would think this would create a dilemma for the cult, but it will not. They will simply pivot to now saying that the president has no heart because he's deporting all those poor illegals. And they will see no contradiction in that 180 degree turnaround.

Too, too funny. Trump and the cult are the laugh track that never ends.
LOL I don't think they would go that far.

The way they will probably defend this comment is by saying that Trump doesn't really mean that. Trumpettes will claim he is being facetious. I've seen Trump supporters do that in the past. They know their candidate so well that they can tell when he is telling the truth and when he is pandering to those voters they need to win the election.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Oh, man, now we are going to have a bunch of Trump supporters start to berate President Obama for deporting too many people, whereas just yesterday the talking point was that Obama refuses to deport anybody.

One would think this would create a dilemma for the cult, but it will not. They will simply pivot to now saying that the president has no heart because he's deporting all those poor illegals. And they will see no contradiction in that 180 degree turnaround.

Too, too funny. Trump and the cult are the laugh track that never ends.

And the fact that the president has deported record numbers has been reported, and it's been posted here on C-D numerous times, but has been roundly denied by Trump supporters. But now that Trump said it, look for it to become gospel in every one of their posts going forward (and suddenly seen as a bad thing ). Now that Donald has said it they can admit it's true.

Im sure you are quite pleased at this, so why the he ll are you still complaining? We get it..you hate Trump. He is doing what you wanted..and instead of saying something like "I dont care for Trump, but at least he is trying to be reasonable regarding illegal aliens." but instead you attack Trump supporters about "laugh tracks".

Pathetic

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Does this mean the 'silent majority' lost their poster boy for "Make America White Again"?

They know he still means it and his latest flip flop won't discourage them.

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
When did he say he'll order "mass deportation?" Come back if he said he will let illegals stay or favors "path to citizenship." Until then, nothing to see, move along.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:07 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Sorry, Trump fans. He hasn't even been elected, and already is changing his positions. One by one, he is going to reverse all the reasons why you liked him in the first place. I think I am beginning to like him already.

What does he stand for? Getting elected. Just like the politicians, it turns out.
Sure, he's a politician and they're the lowest form of life on earth but he sure as hell isn't Hillary. Now that thing scares the hell out of me.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:12 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
I always thought he is from NYC so he and Hilary are pretty close, except he is much less corrupt. Like I said many times here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies