Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 01:55 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times

Advertisements

Just saw that fat police chief on Faux news calling for the People's right to bear arms (open carry) to be suspended at the GOP convention, and putting an illegal SIX BLOCK buffer zone around the convention.

What a piece of garbage this guy is. The perfect example why the public is at odds with the occupation. Police see everyone who isn't a cop as a criminal, they want total control over us by disarming the public.

He said he doesn't care if suspension of civil rights is constitutional or not. The police clearly do not care about our rights. This is a police chief saying he approves of abolishing our rights.

I hope everyone in Cleaveland exercises the freedom and civil right to carry their firearms. The way it is looking they may need them to protect freedom from the jack booted storm troopers occupying our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 01:57 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Well if I was a cop I wouldn't want guns in people's hands around me now. If you know what I mean.

But as Trump would play we can't always get what we want.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:58 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
It sounds reasonable to me. If you can't bring in whole fruit or water pistols, then you should not be able to bring in ARs.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:59 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
That's not a cop thing, that's a Cleveland/Ohio political culture thing. Police officers around here are very vocal about their support for gun rights. The first thing many of them ask people concerned about crime is if they have a gun.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:00 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,032,904 times
Cops don't want people to protect themselves from cops? Golly gee, I wonder why!
Law enforcement in this country needs to be completely overhauled & reorganized. They created this situation for themselves & now they're complaining about it?!

SMH.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:00 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It sounds reasonable to me. If you can't bring in whole fruit or water pistols, then you should not be able to bring in ARs.
It's carry conceal.

Sheesh

Old 07-17-2016, 02:02 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Hmmm I have mixed feeling about this. It is every citizens right to carry a firearm if they wish but to a convention that is sure to be filled with heated debates and candidates that are not exactly popular to a certain segment of our society that has shown that they are not scared to pull out a gun and start shooting people, even the cops.

If I was Trump I would want a 7 block no gun zone. There are just way to many ignorant idiots out there and too many other ignorant idiots that would call any one who shoots Trump a hero.
If I was attending the event I would feel much safer if I knew that no one was getting in with a gun who is intent on murder.

I think you need to reconsider your position jamies.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:14 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Cops don't want people to protect themselves from cops? Golly gee, I wonder why!
Law enforcement in this country needs to be completely overhauled & reorganized. They created this situation for themselves & now they're complaining about it?!

SMH.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:17 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
The convention arena itself is private property. Up to the property ownership. Even where open carry is permitted, this doesn't mean you can carry a rifle in your hands and point it anywhere you want.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:18 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
If you can't debate or have a heated political discussion without pulling a gun to threaten or make your point, then that person has no business carrying a gun in the first place.

I carry a gun. Yet I am VERY outspoken, especially regarding rights. I know I push buttons in my writings. But I am not going to pull a gun out to reinforce my points. I consider myself well trained and I am a responsible and mature member of my community. In fact I would not put myself in a place like Cleavland where violence IS likely to happen, because I AM responsible and do not intentionally go places where I may need a gun. My gun is for the situation I didn't think of and hence couldn't avoid.

That said - there also may come a time when govt tyranny and police excesses may need to be stopped by an armed populace. Cleaveland might be one such occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies