Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 05:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Wow-sad. Who leaves a 3 day old infant alone on a couch?
"What difference at this point does it make?"

-HC-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 06:22 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Wow-sad. Who leaves a 3 day old infant alone on a couch?
Where is the baby going to go?

At 3 days old it CAN'T EVEN ROLL OVER BY ITSELF.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:08 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ho hum, what's to get upset about? Just another day in the life of a dog owner. Get used to it.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Ho hum, what's to get upset about? Just another day in the life of a dog owner. Get used to it.

I would like to see the people involved...........we are talking about Fresno!

Old 06-29-2016, 07:47 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Dogs think babies might be toys to play with - my nieces' boy 4 yrs. old snuck out of the house and went to the back yard the dog was behind enclosure -- dog jumped it grab boy and was shaking him like a toy -thank God mom was on in fast-and was able release the boy- he had one tooth mark on the face/ and head-- but before day was out- I took dog to pound. -

Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Every single one of our family dogs (we have had dozens over the decades) have been very gentle to our young ones.

I don't know why some people insist on keeping aggressive dogs.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, I saw the dogs, and those are NOT pit bulls. They absolutely have some Shar-Pei in them. Did YOU see the dogs?

THIS is what a pit bull is:

United Kennel Club: American Pit Bull Terrier

The dogs in this incident are NOT pit bulls.

THIS is what most people, who are not informed, call "pit bulls":

American Pit Bull Terrier vs. American Bully

They are NOT pit bulls.
Just wanted to say I agree with this. I have had a pit bull terrior (a female that was about 55lbs) and I currently have what is seen on the 2nd link in regards to a "bully pit" whom we call an American Pit (he is over 100lbs).

IMO the pictures of the dog in question looked like a labrador mix. I had a lab when I was a kid and it was a full blooded yellow lab and looked similar to this dog except for the color and our dog was bigger. I agree it looks like a shar-pei/lab mix.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:13 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I wouldn't let the cat near my babies
helicopter parents

Old 06-29-2016, 08:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, I saw the dogs, and those are NOT pit bulls. They absolutely have some Shar-Pei in them. Did YOU see the dogs?

THIS is what a pit bull is:

United Kennel Club: American Pit Bull Terrier

The dogs in this incident are NOT pit bulls.

THIS is what most people, who are not informed, call "pit bulls":

American Pit Bull Terrier vs. American Bully

They are NOT pit bulls.
The picture looks like the dogs that were in the cage. The head looks the same to me.. I have a white swiss shepherd and she doesn't look anything like a shepherd..

I have known pit bulls, they can be very sweet.. but they can turn.. I even saw a man who had a doberman and it turned on him and attacked him.

One friend had a bull dog , almost killed her other dog , and it was a sweet small old dog .. they had grown up together but one day this dog bit the dog massively with blood everywhere.. One never knows if they are having a bad day and strike out.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The picture looks like the dogs that were in the cage. The head looks the same to me.. I have a white swiss shepherd and she doesn't look anything like a shepherd..

I have known pit bulls, they can be very sweet.. but they can turn.. I even saw a man who had a doberman and it turned on him and attacked him.

One friend had a bull dog , almost killed her other dog , and it was a sweet small old dog .. they had grown up together but one day this dog bit the dog massively with blood everywhere.. One never knows if they are having a bad day and strike out.
Any dogs can "turn." They are animals and IMO today people too often are trying to humanize their pets.

Prior to pit bulls getting everyone's rage, dobermans, rottweilers, and german shephards were all the dogs that caused the most injuries. Their rise in injuries/attacks for each breed was due to popularity of the breed. Pits are actually a very popular breed. There are more of them now around people and so of course they will have a large amount of attacks.

But often people say any dog that attacks someone is a pit when it is not. And IMO that does skew statistical reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies