Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Do any of you realize, the facade behind the polygraph?

The lie dector is merely a machine they use to scare the heck out of people into admission!

Have you ever wondered why it is not admissable in court?

Do you know that polygraph examiners are like a closed knit union/family

Do you realize, that even though, they are not admissable in court, the FBI, CIA and most law enforcement agencies use them on the premise to eliminate bad people, however, do you realize, how many people in this country have suffered life events, due to an polygraph examiner's opinion.

A polygraph is a machine, and a machine cannot tell if the examinee is lying or not.

what it's all about is the examiner, he is trained to detect if someone walks into the room and is lying?????? Imagine, and realize, if you will how many people have lost job advancements or jobs, due to this machine, which is no better then reading tea leaves.

If you do not agree, I plead with you to google, "The lie behind the lie dector" and read it thoroughly.

You don't believe our government is corrupt, read this book, and this is merely one subject/one issue.

But can you even begin to imagine, how many people have suffered being called a lier and were imprisoned due to this stupid machine?

Did you know that 60% of all those applying for Boarder Police have failed this so called lie detector?

Do you know that most police agencies in the U.S. use it to eliminate police officers, and how many fail this test?

I am asking you to investige this, and please write your congressman to stop this foolishness.

Do you have any idea how much polygraph examiners make? To ruin people's lives?

This has gone on long enough...way to many people's lives/marriages have been ruined b/c these machines are wrong....

It is BS and a game, the machine cannot tell if your lying, what it does is register if the person is sweating, if the person's heart rate increases, if the person's breathing increases....
that doesn't prove anyone is lying or with holding information...a person's breathing can increase, b/c they are scared to death of the polygraph and the interrogation the examiners proceed with...
and let me tell you, they are brutal....brutal...and your life/career is in they're hands??????

It is a huge business...and that is all it is, at the expense of the lives of human beings....

Did you know that police departments use this machine, and if a person is disqualified, their years of experience, doesn't matter, they use this instead of doing background checks, and if you fail, your done! You not only are done, but you will not pass another polygraph in that general area, b/c the polygraph examiners would have to justify why one has failed you and another has passed you, so they call each other and discuss you and your doomed.

Please, read the Lie behind the Lie Detector and help....

Open for discussion, share your stories or experience with the Lie Detector....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,073,473 times
Well, as someone who has taken them several times, and work in a community where everyone has to, we choose to accept them. They appear to work correctly the majority of the time! I have no issue with being forced to have to undergo the process!

Old 08-09-2013, 07:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Well, as someone who has taken them several times, and work in a community where everyone has to, we choose to accept them. They appear to work correctly the majority of the time! I have no issue with being forced to have to undergo the process!
Ever wonder why no members of Congress will agree to them taking them? It is voodoo science that measures sweat and pulse rates to determine if someone is telling the truth or lieing. I am living proof they are BS, I have taken several of them, and lied on several and passed with flying colors ever time and my wife took one years ago and failed according to the examiner, she does not lie, ever, how did this happen, well she gets real nervous when under the microscope or being tested, while I on the other hand actually calm down when under pressure or being tested. They might work to some degree but they are not accurate or reliable and should be ended, I would never agree to one again, there is not a need anyway, but I would suggest we throw some bones or read some entrails instead, just as trustworthy and scientific.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
wait until the first time it doesn't work for you and you called a lier....
there are so many people who have taken them, have been honest, and failed them, including CIA/FBI and police officers who only wanted to upgrade they're jobs.

I didn't know this either, until it happened to a friend of mine who had taken them many times and passed. Then one day, after years of dedication and integrity to his job, family and friends, not to mention co-workers took one and failed.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Well, I do not have to 'google' anything. I have long known that lie detectors are inadmissible in courts, and I disagree with their very existence.

I always found it suggestive that the late attorney, F. Lee Bailey, was an advocate for admission into court of lie detector tests. The people he used to 'test' his clients always found that said clients were utterly innocent of any crime!

My wife enjoys a TV show called Steve Wilkos (who used to work for Jerry Springer). Same format and guests as Springer, except Steve has the people take lie detector tests (never shown on camera, I believe). Steve will keep informing the people that 'lie detectors don't lie!'. I imagine many viewers start to believe it.

Hence: I agree with the OP. Not admissible in courts, and should not be relied on by anyone, from the humblest job working for a 7-11, and up to and including CIA, FBI, etc, jobs.

Heck, nowadays, looking at a person's twitters and Facebook page will probably tell you all you need to know about the applicant.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ever wonder why no members of Congress will agree to them taking them? It is voodoo science that measures sweat and pulse rates to determine if someone is telling the truth or lieing. I am living proof they are BS, I have taken several of them, and lied on several and passed with flying colors ever time and my wife took one years ago and failed according to the examiner, she does not lie, ever, how did this happen, well she gets real nervous when under the microscope or being tested, while I on the other hand actually calm down when under pressure or being tested. They might work to some degree but they are not accurate or reliable and should be ended, I would never agree to one again, there is not a need anyway, but I would suggest we throw some bones or read some entrails instead, just as trustworthy and scientific.
same thing happened to my friend, he gets real nervous under the hook up to, who wouldn't when your job with pay increase depends upon it. It should stop, b/c it's ruining lives. He also gets nervous taking written tests, it's just the way some people are and feel.

There is no way I could take a polygraph test, the moment someone interrogates me in any way, even a minor accusation, I get all worked up.

These departments know they are inaccurate, and yet they continue to use them to avoid doing background checks and calling refrences.

And, the examiners get bonuses for admissions of with holding information.

I'm trying to raise awareness, b/c until my friend failed the polygraph, I was also biased and believed they worked, I bought the idea that a machine could tell if a person was lying and so did he. If you've never had a problem with them, of couse you would believe in them, however, what you do not know are the many many people who have failed them and were telling the truth. to an honest person, that is the worst thing you can do, is call them a lier. It is demoralizing, then to find out, the lie behind the lie detector, well, let me tell you, many many good men and woman who were exceptional for the position they were applying for and failed the polygraph...simply b/c the examiner didn't like them, or was intimidated by them, or b/c they were extremely nervous, b/c of fear of the machine giving a false positive.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, I do not have to 'google' anything. I have long known that lie detectors are inadmissible in courts, and I disagree with their very existence.

I always found it suggestive that the late attorney, F. Lee Bailey, was an advocate for admission into court of lie detector tests. The people he used to 'test' his clients always found that said clients were utterly innocent of any crime!

My wife enjoys a TV show called Steve Wilkos (who used to work for Jerry Springer). Same format and guests as Springer, except Steve has the people take lie detector tests (never shown on camera, I believe). Steve will keep informing the people that 'lie detectors don't lie!'. I imagine many viewers start to believe it.

Hence: I agree with the OP. Not admissible in courts, and should not be relied on by anyone, from the humblest job working for a 7-11, and up to and including CIA, FBI, etc, jobs.

Heck, nowadays, looking at a person's twitters and Facebook page will probably tell you all you need to know about the applicant.
If they are inadmissable in court, why do our CIA/FBI and police departments still get away with using them....they have proven themselves over and over to be inadequet...even news stations tested them, and proved them to be wrong, however, they still use them?

I read a testimony of a man, whose wife thought he was running around on him, so since he wasn't he agreed to take a polygraph test. He failed, and years later wrote the testimoney.

I've read also, how these examiners work, that they pride themselves in beliving they can really tell if someone is lying or not. BS, complete BS.

They not only get an outrageous salary, but also, ruin peoples lives in the process.

Like I wrote before, and believe me, I intend to ignore the insulting posts....they are usually by uninformed people anyway....

But if your serious in understanding the lie behind this stupid machine, I challenge you to read the book, it's free online, then come back and post insulting posts.

Yanno, and this is including myself, we has human beings have become so naieve and believe so much of what we shouldn't, and less of what we should...and are quick to judge, before we have information, and knowledge my friends is power.

I read somewhere what I believe it was Nixon said about lie detectors...he had it right on...but I can no longer find it....

But yes, if they are so accurate, why don't we give them to our politicans? What are they not submissable in court?

They are in fact an intimidation on the part of the examiners...that is all...and believe you me, some of those examiners can be worse then brutal....I read a testimony where one man was curious and excited about his polygraph, he feared it in no way....and even asked questions, but by the time the examiner got done with him, he not only had to fight back the tears, but also wanted to admit to doing something just to get out of there!

We are so uninformed it is pathetic...and I wonder why?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
You can't use polygraph evidence in court- It's not legal because there is a reasonable doubt that they are inaccurate. It's just a silly old fashioned machine...a person who is in good control of their emotions and mind can get what ever results they want out of this machine....For instance....The part that monitors heart beat can be corrupted....Do an experiment in breathing yourself...Put your finger on your own pulse- inhale to full lung capacity - then ever so slowly release that breath - in a very gentle fashion- Your heart rate will drop from 100 down to 60 or lower...That is just a small example- A person can be trained and with practice can use a number of techniques to beat the polygraph every time.

People are stupid- they actually think this crude machine can read your mind or something- polygraph results mean nothing....Fools are intimidated by them....another good example of the failure of such machines.

If you need to take a crap - your readings will be different than after you go to the bathroom...

Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You can't use polygraph evidence in court- It's not legal because there is a reasonable doubt that they are inaccurate. It's just a silly old fashioned machine...a person who is in good control of their emotions and mind can get what ever results they want out of this machine....For instance....The part that monitors heart beat can be corrupted....Do an experiment in breathing yourself...Put your finger on your own pulse- inhale to full lung capacity - then ever so slowly release that breath - in a very gentle fashion- Your heart rate will drop from 100 down to 60 or lower...That is just a small example- A person can be trained and with practice can use a number of techniques to beat the polygraph every time.

People are stupid- they actually think this crude machine can read your mind or something- polygraph results mean nothing....Fools are intimidated by them....another good example of the failure of such machines.

If you need to take a crap - your readings will be different than after you go to the bathroom...
my friend and I have been extremely stupid, b/c all these years we believed in them to, until he failed...the examiners tell you when you walk into the room, these machines are so accurate it's scary, they are only trying to put the fear of God in you, and they do.
Also, if your applying for a job in one state, the examiners call each other, and discuss you, and they won't pass you, unless, and there is a very slim chance, but I've read that it does happen. Say there is one examiner that fails you, and they give you a chance to come back and take it again by the same examiner, then, maybe just maybe, he/she might pass you, however, if it is a different examiner, they won't usually pass you, due to justifying why the first examiner failed you. It is a huge unfair racket...they they don't want you to know about, otherwise, they wouldn't have jobs.

And why the FBI and CIA use them, I will never know, I can only think of one reason...and that is b/c they use them to purposely disqualify candidates to hire friends of friends and to hire and reach they're percentage of quotas.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
George Costanza, "Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies