Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 08:13 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

Want an improved society?

Allow to vote only those who:

- Have a job

- Are Male

- Over 30

- IQ over 100
I had made my initial post without finishing the video (by accident; clicked submit without meaning to about 9 minutes in).

With the whole video, I can firmly say that it's disjointed.

It's overall point isn't necessarily bad. When you step aside meaningless rhetoric and misdirected narratives, it's saying that societies that break away from traditional roles risk becoming ideologically flimsy. He accounts, in his words, "allowing women to **** who they want" to the reason we mass immigration from Muslim countries.

Now, I won't dispute that we've (the west) have become a bit flimsy ideologically. A guy in Georgia with a bumper sticker quoting the bits in Leviticus about homosexuality (not the parts about shellfish or mixed cloth of course; that guy's never read Leviticus) is an intolerable homophobic swine but the guy in Iraq throwing a homosexual off of a rooftop is merely from a different culture. The fact that the old testament and the Koran really don't see homosexuality as being different or deserving different isn't important. And I don't think that's fair. I certainly don't want to condemn every Muslim, but if you want to come into this country, you should adopt our liberal values. Among them is your freedom of religion, as well as everyone else's freedom of religion. As well as a woman's right to reject sleeping with you. As well as a homosexuals right to engage in a same sex relationship. As well as democarcy and free speech, which might include jokes about the prophet Muhammad. And if that's unappealing to you, you're free to go elsewhere. But for whatever reason, we're not really saying that. We're quick to make excuses for the Muslims who are decidedly bad (and that doesn't just mean being a terrorist), at least by our standards. Their behavior mirrors that of the white racist or Alabama in many ways, yet we hold them to different standards.

But the reasoning just doesn't make any sense. Women having sexual freedom seems to be the main point that's being made and I'm just not seeing it. Now, a point about sexual freedom just in general, as in having unprotected sex with multiple people you may not know well in a very short time span, could have some substance to it but this goes beyond women. He tries to ignore this by pointing out the biological origins of our species and how earlier men had more sexual partners, but this is undermined by his praising of the monogamous life, which he thinks women exclusively are destroying. It's a self contradictory point.

And then there's your conclusions, which we should only allow employed men above the age of 30 and an IQ of 100 to vote. This goes against even the most traditional of liberal values. The average IQ in the US is 98. This leaves out a lot of people from democracy. Not just women. It would also disenfranchise a lot of minorities and poor people. And there's a reason you only ever hear conservatives say things like this. The weaker in a society are more likely to not love traditional values much. The economic and social system they were born into has left them with very little. And while I don't think the Democrats actually care about these people much more than the Republicans, the Democrats at least have to pretend to so they're all for everyone voting. But this is why issues of inequality are so important. Once the scales tip more and more to only allow select groups of people, in your case, predominately upper middle class white people, it will create even more resistance to cultural norms. Thus, your goal of establishing those values with an action like this would be self defeating in the long run. Which is why we allow women to vote. While this had led to the crazy shirtless ones with '****' written with sharpie on the breast (something I've found the overwhelming majority of people I know don't really approve of, liberal or conservative, male or female), the contrary would lead to women eventually feeling dissatisfied with our culture and society, creating more social disorder.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
As a woman, I saw some things that can very well be true.......some women are certainly using sex to get ahead. Those girls in the parade clip were of no talent some skinny, some fat shaking their asses on the pavement, what was that and where is the talent?

As for radical Muslims taking over, this will be on the weak men in our society if this is to happen. After all, why are men wanting to be women and some women are looking to have the strength of men. In the ME it is the women having to step up to fight, will this happen in America? In one thread men seem to think women would rather be prostitutes, than marry a man to take care of them. Now some men are more than happy to see women in combat, as women are saying they rather not.
As for the list;

- Have a job

- Are Male

- Over 30

- IQ over 100

I don't agree with the list, many women know politics and can vote on policies, not all women vote with emotion. I do see men becoming more emotional than women, certainly when they say they will vote for Hillary to have the First Woman in office.......seems some are afraid to offend women......I rather be offended than to have a country of men not being men and willing to fight to save the ladies.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,389,678 times
I am appalled at the idea that anyone would advocate denying more than fifty percent of the U.S. population the right to vote based solely on gender. How exactly does this make us different than a Middle Eastern culture that subjugates women?

Old 07-03-2016, 08:59 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

Want an improved society?

- Have a job

- Are Male

- Over 30

- IQ over 100

...Brought to you by ISIS (and they approve this message).

Old 07-03-2016, 09:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just spent 18-19 minutes of my life watching this video. Bare bones message: the reason the Muslims are going to overtake our society is because we allowed women to do things other than be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. But, fear not Americans, Europe's fate does not need to be the American fate, the video wasn't considering the great American diversity we enjoy! We can save ourselves by adopting the values of the polygamous branch of the Mormans.

The video does not address the necessity of men having a job, being over 30, or having an IQ over 100. Sheesh, where do people find these things?
I watched up to the point where it claimed > 87% of women climax during rape and attributed it to MSNBC which is hogwash.

People believe anything they read and hear when it validates their perceptions.

Sounds like the creators of this video can't get a date. Perhaps their issues make them lousy companions for anyone.

Black Pidgon appears to be run of the mill conspiracy propaganda based on their focus.

As I said, people believe anything when it validates their perceptions.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:34 AM

25,853 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Actually, successful nations can be measured by how equal they treat their women and with the amount of respect almost directly related to their success curve.

If you want to fix problems in a country, make sure the women are helping.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:35 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,389,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I watched up to the point where it claimed > 87% of women climax during rape and attributed it to MSNBC which is hogwash.

People believe anything they read and hear when it validates their perceptions.

Sounds like the creators of this video can't get a date. Perhaps their issues make them lousy companions for anyone.
You have got to be kidding me! I was going to watch the video, but I don't want to lend support to this kind of nonsense by adding views, so thanks for the confirmation that I made the right decision.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You have got to be kidding me! I was going to watch the video, but I don't want to lend support to this kind of nonsense by adding views, so thanks for the confirmation that I made the right decision.
You will not regret your decision to give this a pass.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:01 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,175,446 times
The point of the video is that women tend to lack group loyalty and will gladly sell out the best interests of their own people to satisfy poorly thought out ideological values, such as "diversity equals strength." And the video concludes that the rise of the political strength of women will lead to the downfall of western society, as women don't care about or understand what it takes to maintain a lasting civilization.

He is speaking in generalities, but much of what he states is true. Western society is clearly heading towards a downfall. This can't be blamed solely on women, because a large portion of men support many of the same destructive ideologies, but in pure percentages, women have pushed the balance of power towards a more leftist worldview.

Just looking at this thread and the lack of ability by many to critically examine these issues shows how right his general point is.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:05 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Ding Ding Ding !!!

We have a winner ... The Stupidest Thread This Week in City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies