Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 07:09 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,617,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
So... get the word out on the street - those looking for racial revenge on random people should focus on Hmong. They probably deserve it for being sexist and cruel to animals... smh
Where did I imply people should take revenge on random innocents in the street? I guess you're trying to make some sort of point with your straw man argument, but it fails. BTW, wife beating is a little more than just sexist.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:11 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,974,411 times
Not to jump above the current trending conversation but you can deduce a lot from the officer in the video. I believe that it was a case of officer error during "the fog of war". The officer most likely pulled out his weapon, while viewing the passenger reach for his license and knowing the passenger had a weapon. Take into consideration the racial component (yes, it must be accounted for) couple that with lack of experience and panic, the officer applied too much pressure to the trigger and BOOOOOOOM!

As stated, the officer seems to have not been exposed to high stressful scenarios and then froze after the shooting. Rather then render immediate attention to the injured, he called for back up, believing that the female and child were a threat.

There comes in time where you have to act quickly and preserve life- this ain't Iraq where the child has a bomb strapped to her. He could have handcuffed her to the steering wheel to ensure for his safety and that she did not react out of shock. But he still had a due responsibility at "attempting" to preserve life.

He failed in 2 areas. Even if the shooting was a mistake, the negligence to preserve life will get him.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:12 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,569,318 times
Lol!
Some of you guy/girls are coming off racist, and insincere, like I thought you would.
Thank Goodness there are people, white and black that saw this for what is was, manslaughter maybe murder2.
Despite what you think of one race of people or another, no American should be Murdered by people paid to protect him/her.
Anyone defending this clown for taking this poor mans life needs to, get off the computer and go live in the forest with the rest of your Klan buddies.

Last edited by hitman619; 07-07-2016 at 07:28 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 07:13 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,764,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
. Im actually a real African. Not a wannabe. My parents actually came from Africa. Not Chicago.
Now if you keep disrespecting people who support you, you are not going to have many friends.
Im just kidding. Dont go all PC on me sir. Im a New Yorker. We are a sarcastic bunch. I meant no disrespect. I dont ask people what they are because its the internet. You could be David Duke or Luis Farakhan for all i know.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:13 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,092,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Please read my posts. Im very much aware of the "boyz in da hood" killing one another. The police are the arm of the gov. The citizen pays taxes and is to be protected by the officers . We know gangsters are bad..... cops are not gangsters or executioners.... or are they? Please answer that sir. I answered your question with respect.
No ..police are not gangsters or executioner's....that is a general blanket statement
There are rare instances of officers engaging in criminality and whom have forgotten..or never had any ethical morality whatsoever long before they became police and even after the best abilities of many types of testing slip under the wire.

When identified and prosecuted fairly they receive the full effects of their actions ...and the disgusted shunning of all other police

Did I answer you directly?

By the way..you didn't see anything as of yet that shows this case contained evidence of criminality upon the officer... if he shot him in a legally unjustified manner he could be charged with manslaughter...or gross negligence in taking the life of another in a manner that is not legally justifiable

At first blush I don't see this either based only on the video and statements my officer in video...I didn't see any consciousness of guilt. Racial overtones..purposeful violation of civil rights... BUT in the perfect world of 20/20 who knows

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-07-2016 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: I

Old 07-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
There will always be some bad calls. The officer sees, or thinks he sees, a gun, and shoots in defense. Much of the time, the officer’s training and mindset (often shaped by recent events unique to the officer and his situation) weigh heavily on this decision.

well, all you need to do is wait till the investigation is OVER to open your mouth offering your valuable .02.

Is it too much to ask?

I can only imagine that every officer knows that they will be put under a microscope by the news media, citizenry, the police dept itself, plus the Mayor’s office for any shooting that results in a death. They will also be checked for gunpowder on their hands and clothes, all while being separated from anyone else, usually alone in a room, other than a Union rep.

Are police officers human beings too? Gee, aren't they somebody's husbands, sons, lovers, brothers, friends? Even if one officer messed up, doesn't mean all of them are bad. It is a very unfortunate tragedy, but why don't you wait till investigation is over to condemn him?
Exactly.

The main difference between police/law enforcement with fire arms and other career fields is that the mistakes of the former will be deadly at times- but as you said, is often the result of the situation at hand and or previous events.

Not everyone is perfect. The same way people respond differently to being temporarily detained is the same way police react differently to counter these reactions.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:18 PM

39,257 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Hey, Given that there are several million police-citizen contacts in the US in any given year, the vast majority of which don't even end in an arrest, never mind a shooting, "trigger-happy" is about the last descriptor that could be applied to US police officers.

How come nobody is talking about that?

Old 07-07-2016, 07:19 PM

39,257 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Exactly.

The main difference between police/law enforcement with fire arms and other career fields is that the mistakes of the former will be deadly at times- but as you said, is often the result of the situation at hand and or previous events.

Not everyone is perfect. The same way people respond differently to being temporarily detained is the same way police react differently to counter these reactions.
Thank you.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:22 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,764,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
No ..police are not gangsters or executioner's....that is a general blanket statement
There are rare instances if officers engaging in criminality and whom have forgotten..or never had any ethical morality whatsoever long before they became police ad even after the best abilities of many types of testing slip under the wire.

When identified and prosecuted fairly they receive the full effects of their actions ...and the disgusting shunning of all other police

Did I answer you directly?
Yes you did sir. Here is the issue that i have. I live in NY. I read all the papers cover to cover and try to stay on top of the news. When an officer beats the crap out of a white person (drug addict or gay or thief) they get prosecuted . It happens . And you are right. The officers get turned on by their comrads... . In those same precincts, officers can SHOOT black men and the political force and majority will give the officer a medal.... are black and brown folks citizens with same rights or not? Cant have it both ways. I have seen white men get pulled over and crumple up the ticket, curse the cop out and throw the ticket back at the cop. If a black man did that he would get "tuned up" rodney king style... dont believe me? Try it.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Anyone defending this clown for taking this poor man life needs to, get off the computer and go live in the forest with the rest of your Klan buddies.
It's one thing to defend deliberate and heinous behavior. It's another to realize that the intricate components that factor in during these situations are very human. An officer with minimal experience, while conducting a traffic stop alone and that panics isn't something to dismiss either.

It doesn't mean the officer shouldn't be prosecuted but we must also consider the human element when determining the level charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies