Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,018,117 times

Advertisements

I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Please help me to understand. Do you even care?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:30 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
We're trying to elect Donald Trump. Will you contribute?

The Clintons called blacks, quote, "super-predators" who need to be "brought to heel," and notoriously called for 100,000 new LE on the streets.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:

Here is a story---

The point:

What I do not understand is why black people become so aggressive and hostile with the police? If I was black and encountered police I would behave in a polite non-threatening manner.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:37 AM

638 posts, read 979,283 times
First tip in not getting shot by police. Do everything the police say and don't resist. IF the officer needed to tackle him to the ground, he was disobeying rule number1

Old 07-07-2016, 09:38 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
If I was black and encountered police I would behave in a polite non-threatening manner.

And yet they still get shot.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM

30,398 posts, read 19,191,759 times
On the Baton Rouge shooting, the police did their job superbly. The man that was shot has a rap sheet that includes rape of a 14 year old, drug dealing, weapons violations, resisting arrest, domestic violation. He threatened someone with at gun, which was illegal gun, resisted arrest and tried to reach his gun while wrestling with the police....they performed their job perfectly.

I haven't seen what led up to the Minnesota shooting. When I was 16 and just starting to drive, I was pulled over for speeding and I had my drivers license in the glove compartment and when I grabbed it and turned around, the cop has his pistol pulled and pointing at me (I'm white and he was white)....I didn't have a gun and this guy did.

It's very unfortunate that these incidents occur. The baton Rouge case, the cops did their job....maybe there was a judgment error in the Minnesota case but not sure.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:41 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
The truly sad part is that the question posed by the O.P. even needs to be asked.

Humans are a shameful breed, and discrimination is a disease. Color should NOT matter AT ALL, but alas it does, and very deeply. I may never know the truths about any of these shootings. I feel bad all the way around - for the families of those killed, for the police and their families. It's a scary world, and police have the same fears and emotions as the next person, so the risk of something going wrong with police having a gun and over reacting can have the same result as a criminal with a gun. I can wish the rest of my life for a world without discrimination, but don't think I or my children etc will ever see it.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:

Here is a story---

The point: I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

I tried hiring young people when I had a business, but most white and black both dressed like thugs and talked with every other word a curse word. We were working in people's homes and I could not let someone like that represent my business.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:47 AM

596 posts, read 429,036 times
Oh? An actual "conversation on race"?

Nope, never mind. Sit down and shut up, just more blacksplaining.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:49 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
If they brandish a weapon or try to fight the police, then I don't care if the person gets shot. I think the police are wrong plenty, but an individual will NEVER win by trying to adjudicate a dispute with the police in the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies