Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:16 PM

312 posts, read 268,632 times

Advertisements

James Comey is set to stand before Congress and the House Oversights committee to explain the evidence against Hillary and how he came to his conclusion/decision. I was just wonder is if there is still a chance that Hillary could be indicted? Can Congress or the HOC reverse his decision if a majority vote believes that Hillary acted with gross negligence and violated federal law? I'm just wondering why he needs to testify in front of them.

I, for one, was at first very disappointed in his decision but also happy because he listed all the reasons why Hillary should not be president and it ail forever be a great soundbite in political ads and debates. It also squandered any chance of Biden swooping in to save the day and I'm sure it has really pissed off Bernie supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 03:03 PM

596 posts, read 428,949 times
Oh great, because if there's anybody in the United States that I trust to be honest, uphold the law, and do what's right for the American people, it's definitely Congress.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
And....THEY'RE OFF!!! The do-nothing congress has found a new faux outrage to focus on, and just in time now that the bogus Benghazi "investigation" has come to an end. Who wants to bet this turns into an all new full-fledged pretend investigation that will drag on until at least November?

There has never been a more worthless group than this Republican-led House of Representatives.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:35 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And....THEY'RE OFF!!! The do-nothing congress has found a new faux outrage to focus on, and just in time now that the bogus Benghazi "investigation" has come to an end. Who wants to bet this turns into an all new full-fledged pretend investigation that will drag on until at least November?
Bogus as in hillary the liar, being exposed for running guns which caused the death of Americans? Have someone explain that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There has never been a more worthless group than this Republican-led House of Representatives.
About the only thing more worthless is the morally and ethically bankrupt democrats who support hillary.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Imagine a smoke-filled room with several bank robbers sitting around a card table with a lone lightbulb hanging from a string arguing over who stole what and what each crook's take should be.

Slap it on CSPAN and it's the government in action.

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
James Comey is set to stand before Congress and the House Oversights committee to explain the evidence against Hillary and how he came to his conclusion/decision. I was just wonder is if there is still a chance that Hillary could be indicted? Can Congress or the HOC reverse his decision if a majority vote believes that Hillary acted with gross negligence and violated federal law? I'm just wondering why he needs to testify in front of them.

I, for one, was at first very disappointed in his decision but also happy because he listed all the reasons why Hillary should not be president and it ail forever be a great soundbite in political ads and debates. It also squandered any chance of Biden swooping in to save the day and I'm sure it has really pissed off Bernie supporters.
As I've said in several threads - Comey had regular meetings with DOJ Lawyers, they were almost certainly with him during the Clinton Interview. He already KNEW what they would do with the FBI Report - so he took Ms Loretta up on her statement of "I will take the FBI & DOJ Recommendations (DOJ is the decider based on their view of "reasonable prosecutor") which is the current DOJ standard. Comey made the unprecedented move of calling a Presser and Releasing his carefully worded Report - he systematically exposed each one of Hillary Clinton's LIES to the American Public. IF he had not done that - we would never have known what they found & Comey KNEW that. Obama publicly said at least 3 times "nothing to see", "no threat to National Security". Lynch had her Tarmac Meeting with Bill Clinton - The FIX was in. Too bad that Trump has not realized how important Comey's Statement is - he isn't "covering up" - he is exposing. Just as he said - Transparency. Liberal Heads Exploded when they finally understood what he did.

Comey actually did a masterful job exposing Hillary for the pathological liar she is. It is up to the American people to render political judgement in November. Any recommendation for prosecution would have been buried by the DOJ and White House. She was also exposed as a person who has no respect for the people. One gets the feeling that the only classified information she pays attention to is anything pertaining to her and her money. The country clearly is not her priority - her bank account is.

In our system, the prosecutors make the decisions about whether charges are appropriate based on evidence the FBI has helped collect.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.

When Comey said "and how similar situations have been handled in the past" - he was really talking about the "similar" cases like David Petraeus (who got a pleas deal) and Clinton's CIA director (who got a Mid-night Pardon) - he was talking about Cabinet Level Presidential Appointments.
"
As to any possibility of an indictment - it was never happening in the Email case unless they got her aids to say something other that 5th Amendment & "I don't recall". Has everyone forgotten that the FBI was Investigating 2 cases? The email case was always the weaker case - RICO charges & the Clinton Foundation is the Big Fish. We will see what happens, at this point - CampClinton & the LeftBots think the public will only care about the FBI Headline of "no indictment".

2,643 posts, read 2,444,495 times
Comey is a Republican

The GOP is pathetic...they havent done anything during their reign despite majorities in both houses

Old 07-06-2016, 03:40 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
THANK GOD!!! Now we'll get to the bottom of this. And if not, we can ask for more hearings until we get the result we seek.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:53 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Comey actually did a masterful job exposing Hillary for the pathological liar she is.

Has everyone forgotten that the FBI was Investigating 2 cases? The email case was always the weaker case - RICO charges & the Clinton Foundation is the Big Fish. We will see what happens, at this point - CampClinton & the LeftBots think the public will only care about the FBI Headline of "no indictment".

I agree with you on this. Comey did a brilliantly air-tight job -- it was as if someone showed him all of the lies Hillary told on video, and he basically showed in 13 minutes that she is a lying, deceitful, conniving, power-hungry freak.

And honestly, Hillary has likely soiled her Depends over what hackers might know about the Clinton Foundation. It's obvious she's a liar, and it's even more obvious she's corrupt.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post

It's nothing but political theater to appease liv's.

We pretty much know she will not be indicted because the Clinton's have so much dirt on people (on both sides) that they could pretty much do whatever they want and will be protected.

The political class have become an organized crime syndicate, posing as servants of the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies