Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:19 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
As a follower of Christ, I can say yes. He handled being spat on without responding in kind. So can I. It's all about self-control really. I wouldn't like being spat on. But I would refuse to lower myself to their level by retaliating.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Okay. But spitting on somebody is still assault.
And that deserves a physically weak woman being practically sucker punched by a burly man? I don't know why you are refusing, or can't, see the forest through the trees. I told you already the news story is not about a woman spitting on the cop, it was the physical response the cop took. No woman has ever hit me for any reason, my mom being the only exception, but you're saying if my girlfriend hits me if we have an argument, I'm perfectly within reasonable bounds to knock her teeth out because she slapped me?

Old 07-11-2016, 10:32 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garchompa View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Video Shows Cop Beat Handcuffed Woman in Her Underwear in Front of 9yo Daughter

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxoPCJCves

Very uncalled for! Especially in front of her daughter. And what he says to her right after is certainly wrong and horrid.
Wow!!! You had to dig around for this BS! The video and I incident happened TWO(2) years ago. Old race baiting propaganda.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:39 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And that deserves a physically weak woman being practically sucker punched by a burly man? I don't know why you are refusing, or can't, see the forest through the trees. I told you already the news story is not about a woman spitting on the cop, it was the physical response the cop took. No woman has ever hit me for any reason, my mom being the only exception, but you're saying if my girlfriend hits me if we have an argument, I'm perfectly within reasonable bounds to knock her teeth out because she slapped me?
I am saying that? <confused> By saying spitting on somebody is assault? really? <confused>

Old 07-11-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I am saying that? <confused> By saying spitting on somebody is assault? really? <confused>
Cop handcuffs woman. Woman spits on cop, cop punches the daylights out of woman while she is in handcuffs. That's what the entire topic is about. Yes what you don't say is coming across as you defend the cop brutalizing a literally defenseless woman because she spit on him. You keep saying, "but she spit on him and that's assault" comes across that the cop was 100% justified in sucker punching a woman in handcuffs

Old 07-11-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Cop handcuffs woman. Woman spits on cop, cop punches the daylights out of woman while she is in handcuffs. That's what the entire topic is about. Yes what you don't say is coming across as you defend the cop brutalizing a literally defenseless woman because she spit on him. You keep saying, "but she spit on him and that's assault" comes across that the cop was 100% justified in sucker punching a woman in handcuffs
I don't think so, because i also posted this

Quote:
I hope you do know that I am not defending the cop, just simply pointing out the fact

spitting on somebody is assault
This is why I can never be a police officer, if this biotch spitted on me, I would've slapped her silly.

Spit on somebody is just nasty.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-11-2016 at 11:06 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 11:09 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
You spit on me.......I Puncha you face.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I don't think so, because i also posted this

This is why I can never be a police officer, if this biotch spitted on me, I would've slapped her silly.

Spit on somebody is just nasty.
Ah ok. I missed that post. And yeah it is nasty, but still sucker punching a woman, especially in handcuffs, is never ok if you're a man. But you have right-wing guys on here defending the cop's actions under the guise of equality. I don't want to think what goes on between them and their women (assuming they have one) when they get into an argument.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Ah ok. I missed that post. And yeah it is nasty, but still sucker punching a woman, especially in handcuffs, is never ok if you're a man. But you have right-wing guys on here defending the cop's actions under the guise of equality.
I think police officers can be pretty emotional, after all, they are human. I think the police officer handled the situation fairly well, until the woman all of sudden spitted on him for no reasons at all. (So dirty)

I think the job can be very stressful...

Old 07-12-2016, 06:29 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
This probably would have gotten a better response but the colors of the participants weren't right. She committed assault on the officer and he assaulted her. He should definitely lose his job, that type of instability and unprofessionalism can't be tolerated. Are we sure we still want a police state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies