Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 02:43 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
on social media? Liberals, could you answer why you take to the social media universe when african americans are shot, but when innocent police officer are shot you're silent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
It's simple, they don't care. As far as they concerned, law enforcement are a bunch of murderous thugs in uniforms. They may sincerely not condone violence, but deep down they're happy as they see the killings as justice being served.

Some liberals on my facebook feed were actually pretty vocal about it. Some even going as far as posting "Blue lives don't matter" on their timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
Why are no good cops speaking out about the bad cops who continually kill innocent people and/or kill in situations when it is absolutely not called for? You on the right wing expect every living muslim to appologize and speak up every time any terrorist act occurs, why are you not speaking out against the police brutality? Why aren't the good cops speaking up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
They are the world's biggest hypocrites.
Just stop it already. I'm a liberal two-time Obama voter and I and everyone I know are heartbroken by what happened in Dallas. And by what happened in Minneapolis. And by what happened in Baton Rouge. It's a dreadful, terrible tragedy anytime innocent people are killed.

Stop saying things that aren't true. Your words matter, especially in times like these. Choose them carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 02:48 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Just stop it already. I'm a liberal two-time Obama voter and I and everyone I know are heartbroken by what happened in Dallas. And by what happened in Minneapolis. And by what happened in Baton Rouge. It's a dreadful, terrible tragedy anytime innocent people are killed.

Stop saying things that aren't true. Your words matter, especially in times like these. Choose them carefully.
It must be especially heartbreaking knowing that you helped create this poisonous anti-cop environment by voting for Obama twice.

Maybe you can write your President and other Democrats and tell them to stop with their lies about police officers. They sure don't care what the rest of us think.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It must be especially heartbreaking knowing that you helped create this poisonous anti-cop environment by voting for Obama twice.

Maybe you can write your President and other Democrats and tell them to stop with their lies about police officers. They sure don't care what the rest of us think.

Exactly because the words one use do matter, and some people pay attention. I have friends of different races, who do feel that Obama and his attitude past and present, helped make these situations much worse. Don't agree fine, they don't agree with you either.

They do see a division, like they never have with any other President.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Why are none of my liberal friends posting quirky hashtags about the police officers that were shot
Ask them.

[]

Old 07-08-2016, 02:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX
Why are no good cops speaking out about the bad cops who continually kill innocent people and/or kill in situations when it is absolutely not called for?
Exactly... I have read alot of messages on many sites where ppl say the cops have brought this on themselves by how mean they are!! (I didnt say anything on that thread)

Old 07-08-2016, 02:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Because we're not your friends.
Well; not many cops think much of lib class people in 2016 because so many of that far left "liberal" are KKK class people with their INtolerance of most decent people. I'm an old school liberal in many ways but; IMHO, today's leftists rank down there with la raza and storm front.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Ask them.

[]
Hypocrites generally get quite hostile once asked an inconvenient question such as that posed by the OP.

I can see why it's avoided.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:03 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

No, LovetoRow, you're wrong. Obama has not created a poisonous anti-cop environment. What has happened is that the creation of smart phones has allowed people to videotape police encounters with members of the community in an unprecedented way. People, and more black people than white people, have been mistreated by the police for years. But because the black person always ended up dead, it would be the police officer's word against the dead person's. Smart phones have changed the way people see these encounters and people are furious about it.

President Obama has never incited any type of violence against police officers. You take the combination of someone who harbors hate and fury against (fill-in-the-blank) and combine that with powerful weapons and you get mass murder. The Orlando, Charleston and San Bernadino shooters all harbored hate toward a group of people and acted out in a vicious and deadly manner against innocent individuals. The victims are different but the combination of factors is the same.

Thinking people have a responsibility to speak reasonably. Please lay off the hate-mongering and try to speak compassionately to people--even those with whom you disagree.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:10 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
on social media? Liberals, could you answer why you take to the social media universe when african americans are shot, but when innocent police officer are shot you're silent?

I had a FB friend that is no longer after the vicious crap I saw him post last night in support of the murders.
It was vile & disgusting.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hypocrites generally get quite hostile once asked an inconvenient question such as that posed by the OP.

I can see why it's avoided.
He's not going to get the answer here. He may as well ask us to read their minds.

[a useless exercise]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies