Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 09:31 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You think us white people are stupid! I was attacked in the sixties by a mob of blacks for being white! So what was that to you?

I call it racism.
OK Tara, now we understand the root of all of your posts on racial subjects here on CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 10:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
OK Tara, now we understand the root of all of your posts on racial subjects here on CD.
Indeed.

That one moment in that poster's life is probably his/her justification for a lifetime of racism.
Meanwhile, Blacks have endured hundreds of years of systemic racism that is clearly evident to this day and they are just supposed to get over it.

It really doesn't matter to a certain segment of the population whether we are talking about abuses suffered by Blacks, Native Americans or any other group. They, like the Palestinians, are not supposed to be hurt, insulted, angered by abusive treatment. If anything, they are supposed to accept that there are those that know better, are better and therefore they must remember their "places" in society.

Why can't they be happy with sub-standard schools?
Why can't they be happy living with contaminated water, if they even have running water at all?
Why can't they be happy staying where they belong away from the "good" people?
How dare they think that they have any right to walk/drive down the street unhindered, again, like the "good" people?

So what if police act as judge, jury and executioner every other day. S/he would have probably ended up dead anyway.

One poster recounts that the reason s/he feels as s/he does about Blacks is because of one isolated incident.
Imagine if you had to endure multiple incidents over a lifetime, not just you, but your parents and your grandparents and your kids and grandkids...
What would be the straw for you?
How many times do you need to be followed in stores?
How many times do you need to be ignored for service?
Denied housing?
Bury a child?

As has been noted, people praised whites for taking over the wildlife refuge based on nothing more than vague complaints about government over-reach and yet condemn Blacks, and others, for protesting actual, personal injury.

I don't justify any actions that result in destruction to property or harm to others, but I certainly do understand the anger and feelings of powerlessness that drive the protests.

Interesting that others, particularly those who claim to have been singled out and harmed due to their own ethnicity, cannot.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as reverse racism. That's a phrase made up in the white nationalist sphere of influence to undervalue civil rights groups and common sense equality legislation.
OK then. So what "term" should be used to define black people who harbor negative feelings and thoughts towards white people as white people harbor towards black people? Would it be politically correct to say they are "anti-white" just so that it sounds better?

Why is every other non-white race entitled to call whites racists when non-whites harbor their own hatred towards white people and it's not racism?? Are white people racist while non-white people are what, anti-(race/religion/ethnicity)?

Old 07-11-2016, 11:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Look in thee mirror. You hate whites and resent whites. I never was a slave owner and I wish you were around to see the relationships of the black people I have known over the years. Too bad all blacks can't be like them. It is their loving spirit that makes them so special.

I don' t have any baggage from those blacks that hate whites.
It is sad to see. They have resentment. They have major hate inside. Those kids that attacked me. It was like kicking a dog for no reason because they have misdirected hate inside. It must have been taught to them. I know the AL Sharptons of the world keep the racist garbage going and the resentment the blacks have against whites continueing.
I wish it would end. I can't see why pigment in the skin should keep anyone down. I see everyone equal. We white folks try to get a deep tan instead of looking pale. So I don't get it.
I would be the first person to protect any black person from abuse. And I have been protected by black friends by other blacks who said things that were disrespectful. So you don't know me but I do see your resentment and I wish it wasn't there.Only you can be the person you choose to be. I was born into a world that I had very little I could control, but I have choices on how I can be a positive force to others.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:18 PM

77 posts, read 37,083 times
I would definitely agree with you on this is you knew every person of African decent and knew everyone in the BLM movement... BUT, you don't so how can you speak intelligently on a whole group of people you haven't seen, let alone met! I'm black, I'm very intellectual and I'm defiantly not a violent person, so I just broke your little theory right there, you only know what the media outlets want you to know and if they show protesters that are rioting which in actuality are a small amount, and that's all you saw, that's all you'd know. Sound's like that IS all you know and that' what you're going off of. You'd call me ignorant if I said every cop is a piece of trash off of what a few cops did, so it's only right I pass that shade to you and let you know you're the ignorant one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Most of us have been watching this train wreck called "Black Lives Matter". The organization is spiraling out of control and most of the rallies end up in violence or private property is looted or destroyed. We have all ready experience lives lost in Dallas from a over zealous what be BLM.

The organization is already has reversed racism and no regard for public safety. The BM attracts every from of thuggism for 500 miles.

Most people have a problem with that!

The Tea Party Got a bad rep., however one never seen the mass destruction of our cites done by the Tea Party. Most of the Tea Party Rallies were peaceful and we cleaned up our own mess.

As Americans we must be responsible for our free speech and respect with a different point of view.

The BLM has failed on this premise

Old 07-11-2016, 12:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Indeed.

That one moment in that poster's life is probably his/her justification for a lifetime of racism.
Meanwhile, Blacks have endured hundreds of years of systemic racism that is clearly evident to this day and they are just supposed to get over it.

It really doesn't matter to a certain segment of the population whether we are talking about abuses suffered by Blacks, Native Americans or any other group. They, like the Palestinians, are not supposed to be hurt, insulted, angered by abusive treatment. If anything, they are supposed to accept that there are those that know better, are better and therefore they must remember their "places" in society.

Why can't they be happy with sub-standard schools?
Why can't they be happy living with contaminated water, if they even have running water at all?
Why can't they be happy staying where they belong away from the "good" people?
How dare they think that they have any right to walk/drive down the street unhindered, again, like the "good" people?

So what if police act as judge, jury and executioner every other day. S/he would have probably ended up dead anyway.

One poster recounts that the reason s/he feels as s/he does about Blacks is because of one isolated incident.
Imagine if you had to endure multiple incidents over a lifetime, not just you, but your parents and your grandparents and your kids and grandkids...
What would be the straw for you?
How many times do you need to be followed in stores?
How many times do you need to be ignored for service?
Denied housing?
Bury a child?

As has been noted, people praised whites for taking over the wildlife refuge based on nothing more than vague complaints about government over-reach and yet condemn Blacks, and others, for protesting actual, personal injury.

I don't justify any actions that result in destruction to property or harm to others, but I certainly do understand the anger and feelings of powerlessness that drive the protests.

Interesting that others, particularly those who claim to have been singled out and harmed due to their own ethnicity, cannot.
As far as your list goes, if that is why you feel slighted , it is your own preceived notions that white people don't experience the same things. I have been followed around in stores, they hire security to follow everyone to make sure we are not stealing. Yes,it is uncomfortable to feel like they have to watch you. I don't like it either. It is as if they think we are criminals.

I have been ignored many many times and usually remark to some one around me.. am I Invisible or my money is not good enough for this place.

As for the schooI I attended. Half black half white. We all were treated the same

First rented home , my landlord wouldn't fix the roof leaks , a leak over an electric stove, ruined the first bedroom set because the pots I put out to catch the drips I put out and towels were not sufficient and warped the top. It was a new set, When I called the building inspector , he knew the landlord and did nothing to rectify it. I put a small boat in the front of the house because I decided to move and needed to sell it.. Then the building inspector told me I could not put the boat there and gave me a very hard time, never looked at the leaks so tell me about it. You actually think us white folks don't experience rotten treatment. It happens all the time everywhere. No red carpet treatment.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:45 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
I will never understand the mentality that it's okay to take an innocent life, cause property damage, or injure innocent people because they are outraged by one individuals actions that took place in a different city.

The killing of those 5 white police officers that had nothing to do with the actions of two other police officers that may or may not be in the right, makes them no better then terrorists with the same crazy mind set.

We do not have all of the facts of those shootings and again and again we are spoon fed snippets of videos intended to outrage and some how justify these home grown terrorists into causing property damage, and worse, take innocent lives.

How about this for a change. If you're a convicted felon don't carry a gun. If you're caught, comply with the officers and don't act like you're going for your gun. Don't fight, follow instructions, and remain compliant. It's so simple. Or better yet, stop killing your own and innocent young children, but that's not talked about is it?

Nope it's far more advantageous to find a scapegoat in innocent lives then deal with the self hate so prevalent in certain cultures, and so what if an innocent kid playing on a street corner is taken out in the process. Better yet stay quiet about who did it so the violence can continue on and on. Disgusting and sad.

Not all police shootings are unjustified, yet those filled with hate would want you to believe it so. Every single black on black killings are unjustified, especially if there's a kid involved. Where's the outrage? Where's the riots? Where's the protest? Where's the change?

Every single police shooting is scrutinized. Every one. Yet you can murder someone in the hood and only have about a 30% chance of being caught. Black lives matter only if you're a white police officer shooting a black man. Even if it was justified. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
OK then. So what "term" should be used to define black people who harbor negative feelings and thoughts towards white people as white people harbor towards black people? Would it be politically correct to say they are "anti-white" just so that it sounds better?

Why is every other non-white race entitled to call whites racists when non-whites harbor their own hatred towards white people and it's not racism?? Are white people racist while non-white people are what, anti-(race/religion/ethnicity)?
What term do you think should be used to label a racist person?

Old 07-11-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Look in thee mirror. You hate whites and resent whites. I never was a slave owner and I wish you were around to see the relationships of the black people I have known over the years. Too bad all blacks can't be like them. It is their loving spirit that makes them so special.

I don' t have any baggage from those blacks that hate whites.
It is sad to see. They have resentment. They have major hate inside. Those kids that attacked me. It was like kicking a dog for no reason because they have misdirected hate inside. It must have been taught to them. I know the AL Sharptons of the world keep the racist garbage going and the resentment the blacks have against whites continueing.
I wish it would end. I can't see why pigment in the skin should keep anyone down. I see everyone equal. We white folks try to get a deep tan instead of looking pale. So I don't get it.
I would be the first person to protect any black person from abuse. And I have been protected by black friends by other blacks who said things that were disrespectful. So you don't know me but I do see your resentment and I wish it wasn't there.Only you can be the person you choose to be. I was born into a world that I had very little I could control, but I have choices on how I can be a positive force to others.
I think you are misunderstanding my posts. I don't hate whites. I consider my primary enemy white supremacy. If you're not a white supremacist you have no reason to feel challenged by my posts... Simple as that...

Old 07-12-2016, 04:06 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=SHABAZZ310;44725968]What term do you think should be used to label a racist person?

Or better yet maybe it isn't really about skin color but about a culture that is deeply ingrained in people of a certain color that unfortunately leaves a bad impression on all others of that same ethnicity. Is it fair? No, but not much in life is fair.

It's especially unfortunate when athletes and actors that should be role models are themselves embracing criminal, violent behavior.

Lets say you come from the hood and walk down my neighborhood streets late at night and I come from my neighborhood and walk down the street in the hood late at night. Which one of us is safe? You know in your heart what that answer is.

Does this make me racist? Some would say yes, but I say no it doesn't. It just means that I want to survive and my odds would not be that great as a white person in the hood. Hell I'm not so sure that a person of color would survive either. Does that make them racist? No. It's the thug culture that is the enemy, not the skin color.

Now comes the problem of knowing who is safe and who isn't. Does that make me racist? I say no, again it's about survival.

I know what the statistics are compared to white criminals and black criminals. I know who to be afraid of and unfortunately, so do the police. Does that make them racist? I don't think so. They just want to survive just like the rest of us.

You can hate white people for feeling this way, and you can hate the cops for feeling this way and nothing will change. You can protest, disrupt innocent lives, cause property damage and kill and use it as an excuse to commit evil just as the terrorist do to justify their caliphate and although it may make your sickness feel better, nothing will change.

Changing the mentality is the only answer. Stamp out this thug mentality in the hood and stop breeding ignorance. Learn to function in a civilized society. Then and only then will respect return between black and white. Until then the fear and there fore the contempt will exist. Racist or realist. You decide. I prefer realist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies