Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 PM

7,493 posts, read 6,276,099 times

Advertisements

I'm white and the thought never crossed my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 06:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I'm white and the thought never crossed my mind.
Many thoughts are subconscious. Just because you are not consciously thinking something does not mean that your mind is not thinking it. http://www.2knowmyself.com/Subconscious_mind

Old 07-11-2016, 06:47 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,417,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Many thoughts are subconscious. Just because you are not consciously thinking something does not mean that your mind is not thinking it. What is the subconscious mind? | 2KnowMySelf
Hahahahaha

Old 07-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Hahahahaha
Its good to make people laugh.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Many thoughts are subconscious. Just because you are not consciously thinking something does not mean that your mind is not thinking it. What is the subconscious mind? | 2KnowMySelf
Subconsciously you know that's not true. Anytime you need me to tell you about your subconscious thoughts just let me know.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:52 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,774,629 times
Quote:
Thoughts
This BS was posted here months ago. It's still BS.

Researchers quizzed medical students of various races on physiological racial differences. From a list of alleged differences they were asked to pick out which are true and which are false. The students did remarkably well on the quiz, considering that such knowledge is generally taboo and not taught or discussed openly. But of course there were some wrong answers. So these researchers seized on the wrong answers of some white students about pain response and tried to make a connection between that and alleged under-prescription of pain medication by doctors for black people. They did not even publish their results for black and other non-white med students. For all we know they were even more likely to be mistaken about racial differences.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 07-11-2016 at 07:07 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 06:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,842,447 times
FWIW studies have also shown that doctors are less likely to provide comprehensive pain management for black patients who suffer with chronic pain versus non-black patients. This is one reason why many people in my own family (I am black) prefer to have black doctors, especially a black female doctor (many of my relatives also don't like doctors from Africa for this reason and only want black American doctors). The relatives who have a preference are actually the more higher educated persons in my family and they keep up with a lot of racial disparities in healthcare and were surprised to read that study in particular. I also am very active in black neighborhoods in regards to healthcare as I think that that and a lack of cultural knowledge are the primary issues facing black Americans and I also read the studies and when I moved to a new area I actually did go out and get a black doctor as well based on that and other studies that show bias in healthcare towards black Americans.

UVA Study Links Disparaties in Pain Management to Racial Bias

Old 07-11-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Subconsciously you know that's not true.
Actually its the opposite. I catch myself driving while thinking about something else. That is because my subconscious mind drives while my conscious mind is on something else.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:08 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,148,682 times
Quote:
Bovine excrement.

That was the best job of putting words in someone else's mouth that I have seen in quite a while.

It was also one of the best examples of arrogantly presuming to tell others what they feel, believe, think, etc.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Bovine excrement.

That was the best job of putting words in someone else's mouth that I have seen in quite a while.

It was also one of the best examples of arrogantly presuming to tell others what they feel, believe, think, etc.
That is true. I did not mean to say what he was actually thinking....but I was just noting that many people are not aware of their subconscious thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies