Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:48 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Well if what bran is saying is true and they are not an organized group, then what you have is a plethora of splinter cells around the country operating completely independent of each other.

It is impossible to intelligently claim what "they" do, because they are each independent.

So while you could certainly claim the Ferguson or Baltimore BLM movement is hate filled and bad, it seems hard to say that about the BLM group in Dallas, as they seemed pretty united with their police force, even before the massacre took place.
BINGO!

In fact, here in Dallas, we had a "Black Lives Matter" church meeting last night attended by several of the local mayors, many of the local pastors, and their police chiefs.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:56 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
How are the people who blame ALL COPS and want to visit violence on ALL COPS any better or any different than those that want to blame ALL BLACKS or visit violence on ALL BLACKS?

When you blame a whole group for the actions of a few aren't you being just as bigoted and wrong headed as those you're demanding be "fried like bacon"?

Just wondering how this works nowadays...

Yes

BLM and the Black Panthers are racist organizations akin to the KKK. Like the KKK, BLM and the Black Panthers are hate groups which promote domestic terrorism.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
FYI:

The New Black Panthers ARE already rightfully classified as a hate group by the US gov't.
Maybe so but they are just another example of the Obama administration picking and choosing which laws to enforce.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh, is that right? then how is it, that yesterday I believe it was, or the day before, someone threw a cement concrete block from an overpass at police officers and it broke an officers spin?

This is getting absolutely ridiculous...the hate and contempt that is in this country is beyond words.

I've seen it grow on this forum over the years, and now out there in the world, people have become violent and unforgiving. To throw bottles at cops, to walk up to them and spit at them in the face? I find that truly an inconceivable.
Not sure how some individual throwing a cinder block is representative of BLM or most black people or all people in general? FWIW, I knew young guys when I was in high school who used to throw cinder blocks from overpasses on cars as well. My dad (who is in his 60s) said they did those sorts of things when he was a kid as well.

I am black and have had black kids throw rocks at my car. Kids do naughty things. The cinder blocks dropping on cars is one of the primary reasons that most areas in my city actually have tall gates on overpass bridges.

FWIW, it is interesting how you can correlate specific individual instances with the entire of a group of people, yet you do not consider the individual negative instances of police officers to be representative of police as a whole (FWIW, neither do I). If you can see that most police are good officers and doing the best they can, then you should also not generalize black people or BLM and should realize that they also are majority good people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Maybe so but they are just another example of the Obama administration picking and choosing which laws to enforce.
NBPP has been around way before Obama got involved in politics.... As mentioned, they also are known by all sane people to be a hate group and they are denigrated by a majority of black people for ruining the reputation of the original BPP, who have even tried to get them to stop using their name.

How are they an example of Obama "picking and choosing which laws to enforce."

Old 07-13-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Meet the "imaginary" Miss Alabama 1993.

First black Miss Ala. calls Dallas police shooter a 'martyr'
This post in response to my quote doesn't make sense.

This person did not say that all cops were bad or all black people were bad....

From you own link she said the following:

Quote:
“I am dealing with a bit of guilt because I don’t feel sad for the officers that lost their lives and I know that’s not really my heart,” she said in the video.

James said while she values human life and knows the officers had families, she can’t help but sympathize with Johnson, the lone gunman who killed five police officers and wounded nine others Thursday in downtown Dallas

“I can’t help but feeling like the shooter was a martyr,” she said. “And I know it's not the right way to feel because nobody deserves to lose their lives, and I know those police officers had families.”
She didn't say all cops were bad....

And FWIW to some nutty NBPP type (and maybe she is that nutty type who knows), the guy would be seen as a martyr unfortunately, but not to the general public or to myself.

Is it your contention that the former Miss Alabama speaks for all black people?

I am black and have never even heard of her.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
BLM is not an organization. Anyone claiming to "represent" BLM is just speaking for themselves and maybe a couple of BFFs.
You just keep repeating that if it makes life easier but the following story is among many that disagrees.

Prominent Black Lives Matter leader arrested in Baton Rouge protest

"Mckesson is one of the most recognizable faces to emerge from the Black Lives Matter movement. The former educator built a national following after he left his then-home and job in Minneapolis in August 2014 for Ferguson, Mo. to document the rising anger over race relations after the police shooting of Michael Brown."

Prominent Black Lives Matter leader arrested in Baton Rouge protest | NOLA.com

Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You just keep repeating that if it makes life easier but the following story is among many that disagrees.

Prominent Black Lives Matter leader arrested in Baton Rouge protest

"Mckesson is one of the most recognizable faces to emerge from the Black Lives Matter movement. The former educator built a national following after he left his then-home and job in Minneapolis in August 2014 for Ferguson, Mo. to document the rising anger over race relations after the police shooting of Michael Brown."

Prominent Black Lives Matter leader arrested in Baton Rouge protest | NOLA.com
You do realize that this protest was non-violent right?

Also, that Dr. King himself and a majority of SCLC leaders were arrested numerous times during the CRM for similar events/activities. Dr. King himself was arrested over 30 times and was considerered a "racial agitator" wherever he went during the CRM. It is interesting to me and others who know about the climate of the country during the height of the CRM that many people today are saying the same things they were saying in the 1950s and 1960s and you are attempting to villify people for peacefully protesting...

FWIW, McKesson is associated with the national hashtage of BLM and is well known to be a "leader" amongst the organization. You should be looking at him as an example of BLM. When you do, as is shown in this instance, you will see he and the protest he was at was non-violent and there was no "riot" to speak of. They also didn't say in your link what he was arrested for, only that video showed he was arrested while walking with the crowd.

Do you feel this showed him or BLM in a negative light?

Old 07-13-2016, 08:45 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, a lady who represents BLM was on Megyn Kelly last night, she said the answer was to eliminate police force and disarm the police........just what was she talking about? She didn't mention once the violence in black community involving drugs and illegal gun carriers. Or all the black good police officers.

yes, I saw her and I cannot believe these idiots....
I'm sorry, but they are absolutely idiots...to assume such a thing or even want such a thing....

all I can do is shake my head is disgust....

Old 07-13-2016, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You do realize that this protest was non-violent right?

Also, that Dr. King himself and a majority of SCLC leaders were arrested numerous times during the CRM for similar events/activities. Dr. King himself was arrested over 30 times and was considerered a "racial agitator" wherever he went during the CRM. It is interesting to me and others who know about the climate of the country during the height of the CRM that many people today are saying the same things they were saying in the 1950s and 1960s and you are attempting to villify people for peacefully protesting...

FWIW, McKesson is associated with the national hashtage of BLM and is well known to be a "leader" amongst the organization. You should be looking at him as an example of BLM. When you do, as is shown in this instance, you will see he and the protest he was at was non-violent and there was no "riot" to speak of. They also didn't say in your link what he was arrested for, only that video showed he was arrested while walking with the crowd.

Do you feel this showed him or BLM in a negative light?
And that has exactly what to do with the subject that was addressed? No need to change the subject or redirect attention.
The subject was "BLM has no leaders" and I showed that yes, in fact they do according to many,many sources.

I get the push to try and obfuscate leadership and hide behind "hashtags". Hard to prosecute a "hashtag" or hold a "hashtag" responsible.
The problem is most see the dodge for what it is...

Old 07-13-2016, 09:08 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Black Lives Matter is a hashtag not an organization
Then who is that lady there? Hint, BLM.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies