Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 01:13 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Aren't you the one who didn't know the 2nd Amendment covers machine guns and cannons? Now you are the expert on taser?

I can't comment on Castillo's case as I don't know what happened. You seem like you were right there. Maybe you can shine some lights?

Let's assume Castillo did try to reach a weapon.

In a life and death situation, a taser is the stupidest thing a person (police and civilian) should use trying to stop the assailant. If that's the only thing available, sure, give it a shot.

The biggest problem with stuff like taser is ... you only have one shot. What if you miss? Surprisingly, the closer you are, the more chances you would miss. What if the darts don't penetrate the clothing?

Unfortunately as of now, the best manstopper we have is an RPG but that would pose danger to bystanders.

So the next best thing is a gun.
Interesting. You "can't comment on Castillo's case", and then begin making assumptions about what Castillo did. That's a disconnect.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:15 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Not really. That kind of talk from a 4, 6, 9, or 12 year old is sign of a child who is parentless and has had to be come adult-like too soon. Way too soon. Odds are she has seen her Momma in a 'tight' situation innumerable times in her young life.

I don't doubt the little girl loves her momma, but that is not what we are hearing, not really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Don't forget, they want to take the child away from her too. I live in a state where pot is legal. It's amazing how eager right wingers are to ruin these people's lives. That little girl obviously loves her mother so much. "Don't worry Mama, I'm here with you."

Old 07-14-2016, 01:41 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Maybe they can dig something up about a great aunt or hopefully his daddy is in jail for murder or something. Aint no clean Negroes.....got to have something to make it acceptable to the public that he DESERVED to be killed.
Yeah unfortunately a lot people in this country think that way.

If you are black you are always a liar and a criminal according to them.

Some disgusting country we live in. Bunch of racists.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Just like the Brown shooting in Ferguson, I think we are going to be really surprised when the real facts come out about this one.
Did your magic ball predict that or can you read Tea leaves?

Old 07-14-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Not like that! He was actually yelling profanity. Where is the professionalism in that? Imagine being a doctor or a fireman or any other high stress profession -- when would they ever yell profanities? Seriously.... some people aren't cut out for those types of jobs.
That's unacceptable.

Losing control is bad enough but I'll give him a break because he is human and maybe that was the first time he shot someone but the profanity parts, not good. It makes him sound unstable like George Zimmerman.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:59 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, what we like is appropriate police actions and people not being killed unnecessarily...including the police themselves.

Not according to the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party: Black Lives Matter

Old 07-14-2016, 02:01 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Yeah unfortunately a lot people in this country think that way.

If you are black you are always a liar and a criminal according to them.

Some disgusting country we live in. Bunch of racists

Utter and complete nonsense.

Need a ride to Canada?

Old 07-14-2016, 02:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
To an extent that's true. And to an extent it's like saying Hitler bears no responsibility for the holocaust. I mean, it's not like he actually ran the gas chambers personally. When you foment hatred within a group, particularly an ignorant, unintelligent, violence prone group like BLM and their supporters (NOT Black people as a whole who mostly are better than that) you do have some responsibility.
She has the Freedom of Speech to lie, especially when the National Media admittedly does it on a constant basis as well as politicians. We should hold the Media and their Banking and Corporate Backers Responsible for a lot worse in this country.

In regards to this case, the facts on the table that cannot be disputed are:

An officer shot an innocent civilian whom he initially took as the robber.
How or why he was shot is irrelevant because the power and choices were initiated by the officer who pulled him over

I have talked to an officer on another forum, and he said when dealing with a Robbery Suspect, the standard protocol is the aim at the car from the rear and order the driver to get out with his hands up.

Even if the guy moved to get his wallet and passed his hand over his gun, the officer should not have been where he was if he was a suspect. If he was not a suspect, the officier as is required, would have asked a permit for the gun. The driver is not required to disclose that in MN

Old 07-14-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've seen more doctors and medical professionals yell more profanities than blue collar workers - and they weren't even stressed. Your world is not the real world.
Not to their patients or other external customers.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:09 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Utter and complete nonsense.

Need a ride to Canada?
lol. They are even worse in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies