Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:05 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,935,067 times

Advertisements

I can't believe this is "my" party.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Default Michael Brown's Mother to Appear at the DNC

Will she call Drumpf a murderer who belongs in prison?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The GOP Convention is at least being upbeat, the DNC is going to be a schizoid hate fest.
Not so upbeat. They had the mother of one of the guys killed at Benghazi speak. They had the parents of some people killed by repeat offenders who were illegal immigrants speak. The theme was America's safety. Not so upbeat.

But I didn't hear anything that might incite people, the way the DNC sounds like it's going to do.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:17 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,794 times
The police should refuse to work the DNC convention. Why protect a political party that continues to promote lies against them? Michael brown was a thug, the DNC should be apoogizing for supporting the false narrative, not continuing to push it.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
I can't believe this is "my" party.
You, Don1945 and Albert_The_Crocodile should join me. I'm a man without a country. I hate both parties equally, and think the entire system is failing all of us.

Four years ago I wondered who would be running and whether I'd be voting Rep or Dem this time around. I can't stand either candidate, but I just cannot vote for her. Cannot do it.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:21 AM

25,560 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Her name is Lezley McSpadden.

Obama described the crime as "walking while Black"....But subsequent investigations found, well, everything that previous posters have pointed out.
Having her speak is a good idea, as far as the Republicans are concerned.

Last night they had Melania Trump speak. She used English spoken with a beautiful accent, which must be forgiven because English is one of several languages that she uses. She obviously has given many presentations.

The DNC will give Mrs McSpadden a speech and coach her through the rehearsal. Frankly, I am embarrassed for her. She is being used as a tool by people who secretly have no interest in her. But the DNC is heartless; they will use this woman for everything they can get and will not care if they destroy her along with the Black race in the process.
She has lost her son. Now, the DNC asks that she lose her dignity.
Shame.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Her name is Lezley McSpadden.

Obama described the crime as "walking while Black"....But subsequent investigations found, well, everything that previous posters have pointed out.
Having her speak is a good idea, as far as the Republicans are concerned.

Last night they had Melania Trump speak. She used English spoken with a beautiful accent, which must be forgiven because English is one of several languages that she uses. She obviously has given many presentations.

The DNC will give Mrs McSpadden a speech and coach her through the rehearsal. Frankly, I am embarrassed for her. She is being used as a tool by people who secretly have no interest in her. But the DNC is heartless; they will use this woman for everything they can get and will not care if they destroy her along with the Black race in the process.
She has lost her son. Now, the DNC asks that she lose her dignity.
Shame.

I was very surprised by the speech given by Mrs. Trump. She kept looking around the audience as she spoke, to the point where I wondered how she was able to read from the teleprompters. She was poised, her timing was on point, and I was impressed by the warmth that came across.

Boy, did I have her pegged wrong. It's embarrassing to admit that, but I did.

I, too, feel sorry for these mothers because they're being used. It isn't even appropriate for Ms McSpadden to be there, but what is this doing to improve relations between cops and black people? It's a further reminder that in many cases, the cops blew it. As though the BLM and Black Panthers need anything further to incite something.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:56 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,544 times
There are two other mothers that I bet will not be invited to the DNC
1- that mother who was on the news slapping her son and yelling at him for being on the streets, I think it was the Baltimore rioting
2- the mother in the Dallas shootings, who was shot and gave a news conference thanking the cop who shielded her and her son from the shooter.

Hey, just for laughs, think of some other mothers who will NOT get an invite to the DNC( Do Not Care ) convention.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:42 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times
The Philly police should take a day or two off for the DNC convention. Hillary's base would have a field day targeting conventioneers and the media. Even that bozo Mayor and Ed Rendell would leave town.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:49 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,835 times
Will Bill bring cigars to this roundtable discussion with mothers of criminals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies