Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:01 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I noticed the OP did not include a link.
Is she a speaker at the convention?
Or just attending, like 20,000 other people?
I hardly think either party would want his family to speak.
From a Politico article listing DNC Convention speakers

Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

Read more: DNC 2016 schedule of events and speakers - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

I am so sick of Sandra Bland being lumped in with these other people. Sandra Bland killed herself! No cop did that to her, though the jail was negligent in allowing her in a room with a trash bag. It's not on the same level.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why are you surprised? Isn't Halliry going to be there too?
Yeah, I guess I'm just that naive.

Maybe it was Obama's suggestion.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:02 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
So.....the DNC is gonna honor the mom of a fat thug who robbed a gas station then attacked a cop and trier to take his gun? Same mom who got into a fight over who got profits off her dead sons t shirt image? And whose husband incited a riot that burned Ferguson???

Real nice liberals. The RNC had the mother of a Benghazi warrior and Marcus Latrell, SEAL hero.

The difference in the parties is SO CLEAR right now.

The Lawless Left vs the Law & Order Right.

This is the extent of Leftist values.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:03 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Apparently they will have a trio of hood rat mothers.

Quote:
Among the names of speakers were Gwen Carr, the mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin; and Lezley McSpadden, the mother of Michael Brown, which Democrats have dubbed, “Mothers of Movement” for their activism after the death of their sons.
https://morningconsult.com/alert/dnc-speakers/

Old 07-18-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
From a Politico article listing DNC Convention speakers

Also scheduled Tuesday are Mothers of the Movement members Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

Read more: DNC 2016 schedule of events and speakers - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Thanks, Katygirl.

Do you think Fox will interview cops during the DNC like they're interviewing people who oppose Trump tonight?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm just in shock by this. She and Obama seem to be working overtime to alienate police.

Some of her voters too I gather.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Yeah, this is a great example of why I can't vote for Hillary. Putting the failed mother of a criminal on stage to promote a lie is basically what I expect from the Dems at this point...

Accurate description.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:08 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks, Katygirl.

Do you think Fox will interview cops during the DNC like they're interviewing people who oppose Trump tonight?
I don't know. I doubt it. I wonder if Fox News is pulling people from the protesters outside the convention who are willing to be interviewed. I'd love to see Sheriff Clarke from Wisconsin being interviewed. He was great on CNN, though Don Lemmon barely let him get a word in edgewise.

I could see the Clintons wanting that since they are trying to get votes from both sides of the aisle. Or maybe Hillary's handlers are hoping they can get enough minority votes they don't need independents. They could be right this year. We will see.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:11 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I hope she gets full open mic.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't know. I doubt it. I wonder if Fox News is pulling people from the protesters outside the convention who are willing to be interviewed. I'd love to see Sheriff Clarke from Wisconsin being interviewed. He was great on CNN, though Don Lemmon barely let him get a word in edgewise.

I could see the Clintons wanting that since they are trying to get votes from both sides of the aisle. Or maybe Hillary's handlers are hoping they can get enough minority votes they don't need independents. They could be right this year. We will see.
Clarke was one of the first speakers this evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies