Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times

Advertisements

Why is it understood and accepted that basically every other country enforces borders and won't accommodate illegals, but when Americans suggest the same for the US, it's considered 'bigoted/racist/etc'?

Is there a reason for this? I'd like to know an actual logical reason for this, because right now, it just seems like the US is the doornat of the world (from other nations' citizens standpoint), and any attempt to enforce immigration laws even half as much as other countries is met with significant pushback*.

*Clarification -- I mean specifically from American citizens themselves. The ones supporting Hillary/Kaine, for instance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 12:10 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,373 times
Many reasons. A little bit of jealousy. A little bit of xenophobia. A little bit of other nation's leaders pointing at us so that their citizens don't look at their problems.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Many reasons. A little bit of jealousy. A little bit of xenophobia. A little bit of other nation's leaders pointing at us so that their citizens don't look at their problems.
Actually, I'm more referring to outrage from a significant portion of the American populace.

I can understand why other countries might have that attitude (the ones you stated, but mainly so they can have a place to push all their problems).

Old 07-23-2016, 12:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why is it understood and accepted that basically every other country enforces borders and won't accommodate illegals, but when Americans suggest the same for the US, it's considered 'bigoted/racist/etc'?

Is there a reason for this? I'd like to know an actual logical reason for this, because right now, it just seems like the US is the doornat of the world (from other nations' citizens standpoint), and any attempt to enforce immigration laws even half as much as other countries is met with significant pushback*.

*Clarification -- I mean specifically from American citizens themselves. The ones supporting Hillary/Kaine, for instance...
If talking about some Hispanics here: many of their kind are STILL mad over the US taking half of Mexico in 1848 so; those people truly have a "you owe me" thing going on. Too bad we didn't take ALL of Mexico in 1848.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:22 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
There is an agenda from those in power to load this country up with future democrat voters.
Amnesty for Millions? Ok sure make them start paying taxes but then there is a situation where they are being taxed without representation and whamo, goodbye GOP forever.

People mainly the Dems and the media which is in their pockets get people riled up when Trump suggests enforcing the laws we already have. His idea to build a wall to prevent people from strolling in is not a new one but I feel in the current world situation having an actual border is essential to our safety.

Mexico doesn't accept people sneaking in except to shuttle them along to our border. Canada will arrest a trespasser and send them back so why doesn't America?

There is a right way to come to America and a wrong way and right now laws that were passed to ensure the right way is followed are being bypassed and not enforced.

It really is pretty basic. I lock my back door at night because I don't want to wake up in the morning and find someone has moved into my living room. What is wrong with locking Americas backdoor against squatters and trespassers and those that would rob us blind?

The words bigot and racist are catch words that imply many negative things but wanting to keep out trespassers has nothing to do with racism even if their skin is brown it is just common sense.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If talking about some Hispanics here: many of their kind are STILL mad over the US taking half of Mexico in 1848 so; those people truly have a "you owe me" thing going on. Too bad we didn't take ALL of Mexico in 1848.
But it's not just Hispanics, it's basically most Democrats of all backgrounds.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:29 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,002 times
Quote:

its because the clinton news network and other democratic news organizations are just going against trump. the citizens want the drugs and the firearms to stop pouring into the country with people who don't belong here.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is an agenda from those in power to load this country up with future democrat voters.
Amnesty for Millions? Ok sure make them start paying taxes but then there is a situation where they are being taxed without representation and whamo, goodbye GOP forever.

People mainly the Dems and the media which is in their pockets get people riled up when Trump suggests enforcing the laws we already have. His idea to build a wall to prevent people from strolling in is not a new one but I feel in the current world situation having an actual border is essential to our safety.

Mexico doesn't accept people sneaking in except to shuttle them along to our border. Canada will arrest a trespasser and send them back so why doesn't America?

There is a right way to come to America and a wrong way and right now laws that were passed to ensure the right way is followed are being bypassed and not enforced.

It really is pretty basic. I lock my back door at night because I don't want to wake up in the morning and find someone has moved into my living room. What is wrong with locking Americas backdoor against squatters and trespassers and those that would rob us blind?

The words bigot and racist are catch words that imply many negative things but wanting to keep out trespassers has nothing to do with racism even if their skin is brown it is just common sense.
I can understand the motivation of mainstream media and the party higher-ups, but how is it that even everyday American-born Democrats who wouldn't personally benefit think this? What you outlined is simply common sense.

(And to anyone who wants to make a snarky remark about just needing a ladder or a shovel to compromise a wall, answer me this -- why lock your front doors when a bad guy could just break a window or kick down the door?)

Old 07-23-2016, 12:32 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm more referring to outrage from a significant portion of the American populace.

I can understand why other countries might have that attitude (the ones you stated, but mainly so they can have a place to push all their problems).

It is all about catch phrase and hash tags that get people going now.
Trump wants to enforce the laws while the large percentage of the populace that you speak of are afraid of where he is going to stop.

Pro illegal immigration people will often cite how the Pilgrims came to this land and forced the native americans out. There was no immigration laws then, no Ellis island you simply came and carved out a piece of land.
They think that this is how America should be now, A land with no borders. I say CRAZY !

There are many people who have paid the price and followed the law to be allowed to immigrate to America including my wife. She is not happy that millions of people who snuck in or over stayed their visas are now receiving rights and benefits. It is a real slap in the face to people who were honest.

Illegal immigration is a hot button topic in this years election and I think the clear choice is to follow the laws. They do work when they are enforced.

Most of the people making a stink about letting the illegals in do not see the problems they are causing because they are living above most of us.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:37 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
because it our own fault with the statue that was given by another country that claims, give us your poor and sick. i guess that what mexico doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies