Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 04:11 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times

Advertisements

Spare me the "but..but..but BOTH parties are corrupt" meme. It's come full circle for them. It's easy to say as someone on the right, but NOW that you've seen how they treated Bernie and blackmailed him into supporting Clinton, you can see their corruption knows no bounds.

At least many Republicans are repudiating Trump; Democrats are diving all in for $hillary. Democrats aren't the brightest crayons in the box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 04:28 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
I'm not so sure asking which party is more corrupt is the right question. At the scale we're talking, I don't think it matters all that much. I also don't know how you measure it. I think in terms of who is more corrupt, it fluctuates between the two. I don't think the point you're making here is unreasonable, so this could be the time for Democrats to be on top. But as I said, I don't know if I care. The fact is, the Republican establishment was corrupt enough to get the voters to throw in with Trump. There was enough distrust of established Republican politicians, some of whom may actually have been great presidents, that they went with someone who is kind of a guessing game, both in where he stands and how he'll preform. That's quite the gamble.

As for Clinton, she's undeniably the most corrupt as far as I can tell. Trump's no prize, but Hillary's been at it for decades. And yeah, all the Democrats, some of whom I'd be shocked if I found they genuinely liked her, throwing in with Hillary are doing so to ensure a win. Clinton has probably offered something to many, who offer something to others and so on. If you're a Democratic politician, then the best thing for you right now is Hillary Clinton. This is most likely a part of why many Republicans oppose Trump. Trump may be a Republican but his anti-establishment sort of campaign won't benefit many on Washington. Sadly, I'm not sure those who oppose Trump are doing it for non-corrupt reasons either.

But as I said, I'm not so sure how helpful it is to determine which party is more corrupt. Fact is, you can find politicians on both sides that are as pure as a politician can be, which is still pretty foggy but it's better than nothing.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:31 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
They're both very corrupt. And unfortunately the Libertarian party isn't too far behind them.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:37 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Both parties are full of corruption, the difference is there are some Republicans that are fully aware that they will lose bad with Trump and that he will do severe damage to the Republican party.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Spare me the "but..but..but BOTH parties are corrupt" meme. It's come full circle for them. It's easy to say as someone on the right, but NOW that you've seen how they treated Bernie and blackmailed him into supporting Clinton, you can see their corruption knows no bounds.

At least many Republicans are repudiating Trump; Democrats are diving all in for $hillary. Democrats aren't the brightest crayons in the box.
Cute how you attempt to preclude anyone using actual logic to debate or prove you incorrect. Pretty much how Trump operates.

Sorry, but the fact is we have had this debate a hundred times on this forum (you can check with the excellent search engine).

All of the corruption examples have been posted and there is plenty of corruption on both sides of the aisle, so please spare us this sanctimonious BS.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:41 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
It's a corrupted system at this point. Neither party wants change. That's why it's our job as voters to clean house and elect people who will better represent this nation, and the will of it's people.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:55 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's a corrupted system at this point. Neither party wants change. That's why it's our job as voters to clean house and elect trump who will better represent this nation, and the will of it's people.
fixed that for you.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:13 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Both parties are full of corruption, the difference is there are some Republicans that are fully aware that they will lose bad with Trump and that he will do severe damage to the Republican party.
The only thing these greedy RINO's are going to lose is their lavish taxpayer funded lifestyles. Boo frickin hoo

Old 07-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Democrats are the worst. At least pub voters are vocal with their dislike of their own. Demi's will shill just because a shiny d next to a name.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
All you need to is look at the presidential candidates and how they got where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies