Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:38 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,336,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Are you serious?

Jesus overturning tables is similar to a guy on welfare preaching that killing infidels gets you babes in heaven, because Muhammad said so while he raped sex slaves, killed civilians, etc...

You use to be pretty rational.
I made no comparisons, you did.

Quote:
If that many individuals hate the West, then my point stands, they aren't assimilating well and perhaps those individuals should leave rather than stay in the West disproportionately on welfare while preaching the destruction of the West.
I don't know how many hate the west....all the same.....if we are going to be violent in their societies, we should leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM

5,291 posts, read 6,238,275 times
I actually think there is a market here for specific days/weekends where people would dress more modestly at amusement areas. I have a friends who is Mormon that always feels like an outcast for making her girls wear full coverage suits when even the younger girls are wearing the equivalent of string bikinis. And I know some other more Conservative Christians that feel similarly about swim attire.

If Disney does gay days there is no reason someone cannot carve out a couple of times for those on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,162,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are free to that, hypocritical or not.
Championing someone's rights and liberties when they are in opposition to your views is not hypocritical. Demanding your own rights and trying to strip someone else of theirs is hypocritical.

IMO a business's rights trump those of the people they serve. If you don't want to bake a cake for someone that is gay, christian, muslim or because you think they look funny that should be your choice. The only exception to this should be utilities/monopolies.

I advocate for the second amendment. There is a convenience store near me that put up a sign that said no guns, not only do I support their right to do this but I also encourage it. I don't spend any money at that store anymore and considering the sign only lasted about 2 weeks I suspect there is lot of other people that don't either.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:33 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,190,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Cop out.

That's not what this is. A "community group" (Muslim) booked the park for a day so they could set the dress code for anyone who attends.
If a Christian group booked a park for the day here in America so that their faithful can enjoy the park in a "wholesome" setting, I am sure they would:
  • Exclude people with those funny but profane t-shirts
  • Make sure there is no alcohol served in the park
  • Ask people to abstain from swearing
  • Tell women they cannot wear "c**chie-killers" on that day
  • They might even ask patrons from refraining from kissing or even holding hands in the park on that day

What's the difference?

Old 08-04-2016, 10:37 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,572,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
If a Christian group booked a park for the day here in America so that their faithful can enjoy the park in a "wholesome" setting, I am sure they would:
  • Exclude people with those funny but profane t-shirts
  • Make sure there is no alcohol served in the park
  • Ask people to abstain from swearing
  • Tell women they cannot wear "koochie-killers" on that day
  • They might even ask patrons from refraining from kissing or even holding hands in the park on that day

What's the difference?
The difference is that Leftists would descend on the park with rainbow shirts, glitter bombs, and banners with slogans against Christian beliefs.

Instead when it comes to Muslims, Leftists don't just look the other way, they are the enablers.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The difference is that Leftists would descend on the park with rainbow shirts, glitter bombs, and banners with slogans against Christian beliefs.

Instead when it comes to Muslims, Leftists don't just look the other way, instead are the enablers.
Sorry, your hangups apparently have very little to do with reality. If it is a private park day, most "leftists" would not care.

You are another person who seems to rage against the left for whatever evil actions they seem "in you mind" to take. How often I wonder do you rail against the right? Doesn't this sillyness make you tired?

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-04-2016 at 11:28 AM..

Old 08-04-2016, 10:49 AM

26,603 posts, read 15,173,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I made no comparisons, you did.
I pointed out that nearly half of UK Muslims don't think it is out of mainstream for a UK Muslim cleric to preach violence against the West in regards to problems of assimilation in the West. You respond with Jesus flipping over a table...

Those preachers preach that violence against infidels is warranted through a literal reading of their holy words where martyrs get babes in heaven.

Absurd of you to bring up a flipped over table.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:51 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,572,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Sorry, your hangups apparently have very little to do with reality. If it is a private park day, most "leftists" would not care.

You are another person who seems to rage against the left for whatever actions they seem "in you mind" to take. How often I wonder do you rail against the right? Doesn't this sillyness make you tired?
As a Liberal I believe in cleaning my own house first. I will not stop exposing the hypocrisy of Liberals when it comes to Islam.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Instead when it comes to Muslims, Leftists don't just look the other way, instead are the enablers.
Quote:
As a Liberal I believe in cleaning my own house first. I will not stop exposing the hypocrisy of Liberals when it comes to Islam.
OK, then please post links to these "actual" protests and tell me how often this really happens vs those only in your head.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:02 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,290,830 times
Nice! Soon sharia law will be Europe's new law.

They should also do a suicide bomb day only for muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies