Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 08:54 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Has anyone condemned him for admitting a mistake?

Tolerance for mistakes is quite high here. After all, every other post of yours is mistaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 08:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Don't count on that. I don't know if she has ever told the truth in her life. As pathetic as Oblubber.
Unlike some, I don't take bait.

I sincerely hope you have a good day.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:14 AM

13,689 posts, read 9,009,247 times
All, of course, are pleased that Donald John Trump 'manned' up to an obvious mistake. Perhaps he is maturing before our very eyes.

I am reminded of a wonderful episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show. Lou Grant has some bad news for Ted, and so calls Ted into his office:

Lou: "Now, Ted, I need you to remain calm, for I have some bad news" (Ted begins to tremble).

Lou: "Ted. You need to become a man. Its time you take responsibility" (Ted is now blubbering).

Lou: "Will you stop crying! I haven't even told you the bad news!"

Ted (fully crying): You mean, it gets worse!?"

Old 08-05-2016, 09:47 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
More than "just a mistake" he showed that he and his people are so negligent that they are not capable of the smallest amount of due diligence before holding court with breaking news about a secret video. Its no wonder that by billionaire standards he hasn't done all that well with the money he inherited. He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and everyone on the payroll lets him think that.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
More than "just a mistake" he showed that he and his people are so negligent that they are not capable of the smallest amount of due diligence before holding court with breaking news about a secret video. Its no wonder that by billionaire standards he hasn't done all that well with the money he inherited. He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and everyone on the payroll lets him think that.
You are doing the same when you condemn Trump for admitting he erred but yet refuse to condemn Hillary when she outright lies even when she knows up front it is a lie.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
During some of this week's rallies Trump told his audiences he saw top secret film showing a US plane unloading cash in Iran.

Reality is that what he saw was stock film of the released hostage plane in Geneva that Fox News used to support the ( not so) Breaking News about the return of $400 million of Iran's money.

This morning, Trump tweeted he acknowledges he was mistaken.

On one hand, Trump continues to rely on his perception of what he sees on TV and sensational headlines in tabloids.

On the other hand, maybe his family/ advisors finally prevailed and he finally owned a mistake.
The media should be blamed for showing it......still doesn't make this untrue. Even the hostages are calling it ransom and so is Iran.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
All, of course, are pleased that Donald John Trump 'manned' up to an obvious mistake. Perhaps he is maturing before our very eyes.

I am reminded of a wonderful episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show. Lou Grant has some bad news for Ted, and so calls Ted into his office:

Lou: "Now, Ted, I need you to remain calm, for I have some bad news" (Ted begins to tremble).

Lou: "Ted. You need to become a man. Its time you take responsibility" (Ted is now blubbering).

Lou: "Will you stop crying! I haven't even told you the bad news!"

Ted (fully crying): You mean, it gets worse!?"
Yet Hillary continues to lie and people continue to believe her. Like she really didn't say she "was going to raise taxes on the middle class".......the thing she DID!

Old 08-05-2016, 10:04 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
That wasn't a mistake, it was a lie. But whatever...

Old 08-05-2016, 10:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
My sense is that his campaign staff has no clue what Trump will tweet or bring up at a rally and thus far that's the way Trump likes it. The public reactions of Newt, Christie, Guilliani, GOP, etc and declining poll numbers may have finally gotten through to him.

Trump tweeted " The plane I saw on television was the hostage plane in Geneva, Switzerland, not the plane carrying $400 million in cash to Iran ! "

Old 08-05-2016, 10:15 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are doing the same when you condemn Trump for admitting he erred but yet refuse to condemn Hillary when she outright lies even when she knows up front it is a lie.
IMO It is treasonist to put a high ranking State Department official on trial in order to make them "tell the truth" Any intelligent person knows they can't tell the truth, its the nature of their job. What trump did was not protecting anyone, he showed how easily he can be duped. The world has a number of shady highly intelligent leaders who can't wait to run circles around Trump and the cadre of clowns he puts together to protect our national interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies