Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Gadsden flag racist?
yes 6 4.72%
no 120 94.49%
other 1 0.79%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 02:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Nowhere in either of the linked articles did I read where Obama wants wearing such insignia to be a "punishable racial crime." Please highlight and quote it where it said because it is possible I overlooked it.

Btw, someone doesn't help his or her case by LYING.

And also btw, I am definitely not a fan of Obama OR Hilary OR Trump!
Good job! You actually questioned, looked at the links, and didn't simply react to what someone posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 03:07 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
As an educated sophisticate, why don't you enlighten those white males and tell them what the flag REALLY represents?
Truly. Let's see that scintillating and rapier sharp intellect in action. Im sure we will be .....humbled..by the experience, and made much wiser, as well. Our knowledge of US history will, no doubt, be the better off for the schooling we will receive. Perhaps we will be treated to some cool links? SomeUC Berserkely PolySci professors blog, or perhaps one from BLM?

The teacher is in......Please, no questions till after class.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:40 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
I wonder how long before the Feds declare that the reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing the National Anthem are racists acts. Heaven knows that there are already people who are offended by them.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:46 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I'm sorry, but saying the Gadsden Flag is racist is beyond moronic and idiotic, its criminally reprehensible. Fly that flag and stomp anyone fool enough to have a problem with it.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:29 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I wonder how long before the Feds declare that the reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing the National Anthem are racists acts. Heaven knows that there are already people who are offended by them.
Yes, it seems that our historic national symbols are certainly under attack. Labeling the Gadsden as a racist symbol is quite offensive, to me. Though it used by all our armed forces,it has particular meaning for the Navy. It i s an honorific,
the flag being run up, or, in more recent times, a patch, for ships and personnel who have seen combat on campaign. It is not displayed by stateside file clerks, or in the rear with the gear types.

The Naval Gadsden is, hands down, my favorite flag. People trying to pi$$ on this symbol, irks me, no end. Many outstanding men and women have died for what it represents. The terminally offended have plenty of historic symbols they're betting away with whining about already. Right to the point of outright censorship. These hypes don't even have a clue. The 10th US cavalry, unit flag depicts a buffalo. This goes back to the divisions beginning, as a segregated , all black, unit. The buffalo soldiers. So called because the Indians compared the troopers hair to the nappy cape of a buffalo.

It's a direct racial reference yet, not an offended peep do we hear. Not even from black troopers currently serving. Despite it's racial meaning, the flag is still used. And why not? This is the unit that brought Vittorio in. No small feat. Proper, historical context. A concept that these , supposedly, educated types, can't seem to grasp. Instead, they are looking for hoo doos to jump over. (can I say hoo doo? )

This has to stop. It's gone plumb over the top and into the distance. SJWs, sit down, and shut up. You're embarassing yourselves, and taking the rest of us with you.

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-07-2016 at 07:55 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 06:52 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Is the Gadsden flag racist?
The "Don't Tread on Me" Flag just got trod upon – by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
The EEOC is investigating whether the Revolutionary War-era Gadsden Flag could be considered a racist symbol in the workplace. In recent years, the yellow flag with its coiled snake has also become a symbol of the Tea Party.

Obama wants it a 'punishable racial crime' to wear this revolutionary war insignia

Is the Gadsden flag racist? | Fox News
As usual Obama is a fool.

As usual SJWs are fools.

As usual white apologists are fools.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:08 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
i dont care.

i call a spade a spade though.
I am much more apt to call it a f'in shovel!
Is that flag racist?
No.
Can a person be racist, whether he (or she) displays that flag or not?
Oh, hell yes!

Hmmm.... Does a person have a Constitutional Right to be racist if they so desire?
Just one more thing to think about...

Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 AM

88,998 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Is the Gadsden flag racist?
How is "Don't Tread on Me" racist? Are there any races that specifically WANT to be tread upon, and therefore "Don't Tread on Me" offends them?

Old 08-07-2016, 07:50 AM

88,998 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
all i see are angry white males carrying it (uneducated, stupid white males) by the way.
If they're so uneducated, how would they even know what the Gadsden Flag is?

Go to any college campus. Ask the students to describe the Gadsden Flag. Guess what answers you'll get...

Old 08-07-2016, 07:55 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If they're so uneducated, how would they even know what the Gadsden Flag is?

Go to any college campus. Ask the students to describe the Gadsden Flag. Guess what answers you'll get...
THIS!!!! Most of the supposedly educated students would have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies