Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 12:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
...........as proud father Mike Pence looked on

Why is it that Trump and many Republicans blame Hillary for the Iraq War and ignore that a super majority of Republicans in the House and Senated voted for it?
For the same reason you are attempting to defend Hillary. Both should stop it.

Quote:
Why is it Trump has chosen to surround himself with politicians who have obvious voting records supporting things, Trump claims to oppose?

Why is it some choose to ignore that the Bush Admin and Iraq agreed to a withdrawal of all troops ( leave the war toys behind) by year and 2011 and Iraq was not open to an extention.

( I will not be voting for Hillary or Trump)
For the same reason you ignore that we are still there despite this agreement. Your politics trump everything including decency and common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 12:06 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
I personally am happy to see that some in the Muslim community have stepped up and put up this billboard - they don't all interpret the Koran the same way. As happy as I am to see this - I still agree with Trump on putting a temporary ban on Muslims entering the US until they can be vetted properly.

Now Obama claimed the other day they went through 4/5 steps before being admitted - my question is how long is the vetting process - is it done once they reach our shores or before they leave their native land - if done here - who's paying for their stay while the vetting process is going on and for those without documentation are they even allowed on the planes? Are these the same vetting processes that the San Bernadino killer went though or have they changed so that won't happen again?

Old 08-07-2016, 12:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
For the same reason you are attempting to defend Hillary. Both should stop it.

For the same reason you ignore that we are still there despite this agreement. Your politics trump everything including decency and common sense.
I am partisan agnostic and will not vote for Trump or Hillary.

The majority of primary voters chose Trump and Hillary and did so in spite of or because they expect the next POTUS to " do something" to end global terrorism.

I am not one of them- just pointing out a hypocracy of blaming Hillary for Iraq while ignoring Pence and the super majority of Republicans who favored it.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I personally am happy to see that some in the Muslim community have stepped up and put up this billboard - they don't all interpret the Koran the same way. As happy as I am to see this - I still agree with Trump on putting a temporary ban on Muslims entering the US until they can be vetted properly.

Now Obama claimed the other day they went through 4/5 steps before being admitted - my question is how long is the vetting process - is it done once they reach our shores or before they leave their native land - if done here - who's paying for their stay while the vetting process is going on and for those without documentation are they even allowed on the planes? Are these the same vetting processes that the San Bernadino killer went though or have they changed so that won't happen again?
After WW2 there were 11-20 million displaced persons throughout Europe and thousands of camps. Initially, the camps did not segregate Jews from Nazi refugees. Towns people closest to these camps reported rapes and thefts by refugees. Occupants of the camps reported similar inside the camps. No one had documentation.

It took a decade to eventually resettle the masses. Canads and the US had quotas and gave priority to families. There were mass group marriages in refugee camps as people attempted to qualify. From time to time, Canada and the US favored some European nationalities over others. Suddenly, everyone was Polish or whatever the favored nationality of the month was.

Those who resettled in Canads and the US immediately got busy creating an anchor baby to get priority for permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

The UN, for what it's worth, claims the current number of displaced global people is now at record highs of 65 million, primarily due to civil wars and climate.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why are these moderates not arming up and fighting? Instead the board a plane for unknown territory, while our soldiers get killed and do the fighting. All of these men should be staying and fighting against Islam in their country. This really is not the job of the USA!

Anyone can put up a billboard to make the left fell fuzzy and warm.
The billboard was designed and paid for by Americans.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:59 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
" ISIS Sucks' Billboard Campaign in Chicago "

Okay, ISIS does suck, can't argue with that. F ISIS carries more punch though, that's what I would have painted.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Why are these moderates not arming up and fighting? Instead the board a plane for unknown territory, while our soldiers get killed and do the fighting. All of these men should be staying and fighting against Islam in their country. This really is not the job of the USA!
Some of our soldiers ARE muslims. And some of those muslim soldiers are dying in the fight against ISIS.

Quote:
Anyone can put up a billboard to make the left fell fuzzy and warm.
True, anyone can put up a billboard. But these people DID put up a billboard, saying clearly what they think of ISIS. Which is a lot like what you think of ISIS.

I don't think all muslims are evil any more than I think all christians are evil. So sue me.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" ISIS Sucks' Billboard Campaign in Chicago "

Okay, ISIS does suck, can't argue with that. F ISIS carries more punch though, that's what I would have painted.
Well, I'd be good with that too. But if the billboard company won't put up a word like that - and most won't - 'ISIS sucks' does the job.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:18 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
After WW2 there were 11-20 million displaced persons throughout Europe and thousands of camps. Initially, the camps did not segregate Jews from Nazi refugees. Towns people closest to these camps reported rapes and thefts by refugees. Occupants of the camps reported similar inside the camps. No one had documentation.

It took a decade to eventually resettle the masses. Canads and the US had quotas and gave priority to families. There were mass group marriages in refugee camps as people attempted to qualify. From time to time, Canada and the US favored some European nationalities over others. Suddenly, everyone was Polish or whatever the favored nationality of the month was.

Those who resettled in Canads and the US immediately got busy creating an anchor baby to get priority for permanent residency and eventually citizenship.

The UN, for what it's worth, claims the current number of displaced global people is now at record highs of 65 million, primarily due to civil wars and climate.
I appreciate the info but it doesn't answer my questions.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:35 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Odd......people complain that Muslims are not speaking out and when they do the complaints only bounce around like a pinball.

Well, not really odd, as it's pretty typical.

Odd that they are speaking out and 15 years later.................

Where the heck have they been all of this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies