Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 05:32 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The post above, towards the end specifically talks about Liberal Muslims taking up the issue with the beach volleyball uniforms.

If you read the complete post and care to click the link, you would know.
I don't have a Facebook account. Would you care to give a synopsis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
AKA losers.

*snort*

Old 08-08-2016, 06:13 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I don't have a Facebook account. Would you care to give a synopsis?
Muslim countries deprive women the freedom to choose what to wear
Unveiled women are not sources of evil
It is erroneous to believe men are easily provoked (by non-hijab-ed women)

Old 08-08-2016, 06:15 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
And I think this is why Qatar and Dubai would never be awarded the Games. They would probably force all the female athletes to wear burkas and hijabs.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:20 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,900 times
German girls make a better girlfriend but Egyptian girls make a much better wife. More than half American women will lose their husband in a divorce, if they get married at all. Kinda sad for women.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:10 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
German girls make a better girlfriend but Egyptian girls make a much better wife. More than half American women will lose their husband in a divorce, if they get married at all. Kinda sad for women.
What an absurd and bigoted statement. You're clearly drunk.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Muslim countries deprive women the freedom to choose what to wear
Unveiled women are not sources of evil
It is erroneous to believe men are easily provoked (by non-hijab-ed women)
Ok, so apparently I'm one of those evil people who don't believe that we (as Westerners) should be imposing our cultural norms on others.

And, unlike some, I guess I'm reluctant to impose my feelings on others. That is, that all women must certainly feel horribly done by when they wear certain clothing because I would feel that way.

I've always been one to try to take what people say at face value. One of these athletes has said that she doesn't mind playing in this attire. I suppose I shouldn't believe her, because, Jesus, how could anyone think that way?

Old 08-08-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Ok, so apparently I'm one of those evil people who don't believe that we (as Westerners) should be imposing our cultural norms on others.

And, unlike some, I guess I'm reluctant to impose my feelings on others. That is, that all women must certainly feel horribly done by when they wear certain clothing because I would feel that way.

I've always been one to try to take what people say at face value. One of these athletes has said that she doesn't mind playing in this attire. I suppose I shouldn't believe her, because, Jesus, how could anyone think that way?
You can believe what you want.

In many Muslim countries, the German volleyball player's picture will be blurred, and in more Muslim countries this match would not be allowed to go on with the German girl dressed the way she was, and then in other Muslim countries even if they allowed the German to dress the way she was, they wouldn't allow the local girl to wear a 2 piece even if she wanted to.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:

In many Muslim countries, the German volleyball player's picture will be blurred, and in more Muslim countries this match would not be allowed to go on with the German girl dressed the way she was.
The horror!

Again, I will ask, who are you or anyone else to tell a group of people that their social mores are wrong?

Old 08-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
The horror!

Again, I will ask, who are you or anyone else to tell a group of people that their social mores are wrong?
I am siding with the voices from within that society who want the freedom of choice that is taken for granted in Infidel nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies