Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 10:32 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Not really, in reality we just don't want to fund all of your pet social projects that are bound to fail, get abused and help nobody in need.
Help nobody? You mean like how social security and medicare have been lifelines for millions?

Nope, the tax=theft crowd are just nuts. No other way to slice it really. And we see that crowd everywhere in this thread. They wouldnt last a week in the cabin in the boondocks they dream about in order to get away from civilization. They are too dependent on a well functioning government that provide them services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Help nobody? You mean like how social security and medicare have been lifelines for millions?

Nope, the tax=theft crowd are just nuts. No other way to slice it really. And we see that crowd everywhere in this thread. They wouldnt last a week in the cabin in the boondocks they dream about in order to get away from civilization. They are too dependent on a well functioning government that provide them services.
And if everything were actually equaled out, the fairness crowd would be crying their little eyes about how fair isn't as fair to them as they dreamed.

Enough with the jealousy and envy already.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:19 AM

280 posts, read 250,404 times
I am a die hard fiscal conservative to the point that I am a libertarian, yet we NEED the estate tax. Keep in mind that if an estate is 5 million dollars that the beneficiaries probably already had a ton of benefits that put them heads and shoulders above the rest of the 99%.

I'm not saying that this is always the case but those who die with 5 million to give have generally paid their kid's college and expenses through 25 at the minimum.

I think the tax should apply to estates greater than 2 million as applies it is per person. Under the current system, an estate of 10 million could be given tax free by a husband and wife to their kids.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:02 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
A person gets free money for doing nothing other than being born to a wealthy family while regular, working class folks have to pay taxes on the income from the WORK THEY DO!

Its mind boggling to me how members of the 99% support turning America into a third world plutocracy with a tiny economic royalist elite at the top.

So what?

The money that is passed down has already been taxed. Effing crybabies.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:11 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
We are not talking about paltry sums like that. We are talking about tens of billions being given tax free to children who did nothing to earn it and as a result, massive tax hikes on you, me, veterans and the desperately poor elderly are forthcoming. Whats so great about that? Just so the politicians can reward the donors who fund their campaigns! Its obscene that hundreds of billions of dollars will have to be cut from assistance to the most desperate and needy people in the country to make up for this shortfall.
Get out of other people's wallets... that's the bottom line.. Typical liberal horsecrap thinking.... you know what happens if you tax people too much... they leave... they take their money and their job creation potential to other countries that don't tax the overly successful.

I say this as a middle class guy with no vested interest in protecting the rich. The rich should pay their fair share, no doubt, but a lot of people think that jus because you're rich you should pay more.... flawed failed thinking... pay their fair share..... that is what is acceptable.. don't use the rich like a some kind of handbag you can dip into....

Old 08-09-2016, 01:38 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
"double taxation" is a meaningless argument used by working stiffs to support the donor class. You are taxed double all the time. Who cares!? These rich kids should get a job like the rest of us instead of getting inheritance tax free. Its absurd. And you will pay for it. Prepare for massive increase in road tolls as you pay for the shortfall from the sons and daughters of the billionaire class not paying taxes.
This answer is completely irrelevant/has nothing to do with the point FatBob made. My guess is that you know that, have no actual answer because you know FatBob is right, and you just don't want to admit FatBob is right. Or. I may be wrong and you don't realize at all that this 'reply' is full of nothing but evasiveness.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Get out of other people's wallets... that's the bottom line.. Typical liberal horsecrap thinking.... you know what happens if you tax people too much... they leave... they take their money and their job creation potential to other countries that don't tax the overly successful.

I say this as a middle class guy with no vested interest in protecting the rich. The rich should pay their fair share, no doubt, but a lot of people think that jus because you're rich you should pay more.... flawed failed thinking... pay their fair share..... that is what is acceptable.. don't use the rich like a some kind of handbag you can dip into....
Of course the rich should pay more! Do you believe we should eliminate all taxes and move towards a flat fee paid to the government regardless of income and wealth? What an absurd idea.

Your concern for the well-heeled is poignant. Of course you have a vested interest in protecting the rich. When you vote for puppets who serve the big money donor class and not yourself, the only way for that politician to get re-elected is to transfer even more money into the hands of the donor class to get more campaign funds!

Old 08-09-2016, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
This answer is completely irrelevant/has nothing to do with the point FatBob made. My guess is that you know that, have no actual answer because you know FatBob is right, and you just don't want to admit FatBob is right. Or. I may be wrong and you don't realize at all that this 'reply' is full of nothing but evasiveness.
Its very relevant. Taxed double is an absurd argument simple as that. Your money is taxed double and triple. Nobody cares. But as soon as people want to defend the donor class who buy your politician in order to amass ever more wealth, they use this nonsensical argument.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:29 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
It always makes me laugh when people talk about fairness and then want to double tax the rich. So who decides what inheritance is enough wealth to tax a 2nd time?

By the way the land that my great great grandfather down to my grand father farmed is now a subdivision and has been for the last 20 years, since my great grandfather did not have the farm in a corporation when he passed my grandfather had to sell some of the land to pay the inheritance tax, and ended up not having enough land to make farming feasible so he was forced to move to worse land which eventually cost the entire farm.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:39 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Leftists like to use the government as their gun to steal other people's money. They are ALL criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies