Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 06:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1033 View Post
I guess that's why the Bank of England is cutting rates again and donned their own stimulus. It was Germany who has been the paying the most for the debt, not England.

England just got swept by the wave of populism and the EU was an easy scapegoat.
What a bunch of garp!

The world runs on fiat currencies, and when currency has no backing, you get what we have. Crony capitalism under the guise of protecting the Constitution. More garp!

The EU is a clstrfk of globalists trying to round everyone up into a more easily managed herd. Brits were smart enough NOT to adopt the Euro, and now they have told them to kiss off entirely... BRAVO! I'll take populism over communism (renamed progressivism) every time, thanks!

POST 44!
APPLAUSE!!!

Last edited by steven_h; 08-11-2016 at 06:55 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 06:24 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
What is doing better?

Big house? pool? lake view? 500hp v8? bench press 315lbs? 70" flat screen? abundant firearm selection?, low taxes? good chance to be wealthy? trophy wife? what what?

Last edited by Felix C; 08-11-2016 at 06:49 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 06:42 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
In 20 years, native western Europeans will no longer exist. They will be assimilated into middle eastern culture or they will flee elsewhere.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
OP, I think this is too academic for this board. But, thanks for posting. It's a good read.
Pseudo-academic. Really nothing more than a Euro wannabe hit piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Why must people always bring up Donald Trump into every discussion?
LOL.

There are so many things you could use to determine what 'better' is. Regardless of that, though, our history, the size of our country, and our demographics are much too different to ever have an honest comparison. I'm pretty satisfied with life here in the US. Could do with less intrusion from our government, and think we're headed for trouble because we haven't managed to keep oligarchy from becoming the norm. In those respects, Europe is worse, so overall I think we're doing pretty damn good.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:55 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Have you read Europe news, I mean Eurabia news recently?? They did well for a while but are going downhill. It might take decades for their economy to recover. I blame their relaxed borders. Their tourism is suffering badly because they are being invaded by radicals. Its great being secular & treating people as equals but have rules about law & order. If someone's religion requires them to murder Christian, are you going to let them because you want to remain 'secular'?? People can make up whatever belief they want but one belief that unites an entire nation is patriotism. That should be above everything else. A God-fearing redneck might not be secular but I can bet you he is patriotic & thats what really matters to me. Religion should always be a personal choice & never be used in politics or to run the govt. Secular or not, be patriotic above everything else.

Define "patriotic" Because many here equate patriotism with walking around armed like an
Afghan warlord, waving the flag with one hand and Bible in the other, while prattling on how america is the bestest, most perfect at everything and will kick the arse of anyone or any nation that disagrees. God, guns, and greed does not a patriot make

Old 08-11-2016, 07:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
First of all, let me say that any thread that starts with "Why" is begging the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well ... to be fair ... on average Europeans live longer and are generally healthier than Americans. Less obesity in Europe than here. Child mortality statistics favor the Europeans.

Doing better? ... that is so subjective. Americans tend to live in bigger houses than Europeans.

This thread only invites opinions, not facts.
Europeans don't live *that* much longer.

United States, 79.68
EU 80.20
Life Expectancy for Countries

About a half year longer.

Secondly, the European region of the WHO has the highest drinking rates and the highest morbidity and mortality from drinking in the world.
WHO/Europe | Data and statistics
My allowable three sentences:
"The WHO European Region has the highest proportion in the world of total ill health and premature death due to alcohol. . . . A country’s total per capita alcohol consumption is closely related to its prevalence of alcohol-related harm and alcohol dependence. . . . At a societal level, the European Union is the heaviest-drinking region in the world, with over one fifth of the European population aged 15 years and above reporting heavy episodic drinking (five or more drinks on an occasion, or 60g alcohol) at least once a week."

Child mortality statistics are an "apples to oranges" comparison. Many European countries do not even count a delivery as a "live birth" unless the child is a certain weight, length, and/or gestational age, regardless of whether it was born alive.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:04 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
I'd have to say, after the mass sexual assaults, the numeeous terrorists attacks that killed hundreds, the Europeans are fearing god quite a bit, they juat never thought it would be allah.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Secular European society is not doing better than God fearing America....in fact the opposite is rue.... God fearing Americans are happier, wealthier....why is that, do you think?

Old 08-11-2016, 07:17 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Europe is the canary in a coal mine for Humanity...again.

Not looking good. Glad I have no children.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:20 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It really doesn't matter if Europe was 100% Islamic. Islam is at a continuous state of war for 1400+ years with itself. Why else would a Heretic or an Apostate be worse than being a Jew, Christian or Hindu?
When a Jew, Christian or Hindu learns you don't follow his/her religion, they pray for you. When a devout Islamist does, they cut your head off. See the difference now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies