Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 12:59 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Most Americans couldn't possibly care less about the Ukraine's fate.

The Russians can have their way with them for all I care.
Unless the military industrial complex gets it into their head that they can make money over there then watch out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Maybe the Russian imperialists should end their illegal occupation of Crimea?

Did you ask the people that live in Crimea about it?

Old 08-12-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
All hype.

The incursion was most likely made by an independent battalion, one that is not under Kiev control. Petro is not dumb enough to ever confront Russia directly, and Russia has no reason for a false flag.

Russia hyped up this event just to unnerve Kiev, that is all, just as Russia's response to the Georgian attack on Russian peacekeepers had Saakashvili high as a kite chewing his tie on TV.
Actually he probably is. Ukraine, and especially the regime, is absolutely FFed if they lose all relevance....which they quickly are.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Castro used to get 99.9% of the vote.....lol.

Nobody is dumb enough to believe the Russians do anything honest or fairly....just look at their embarrassing doping scandal this Olympics.

So true. In the US there are people dumb enough to think our elections are being run fairly.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/03/2...no-to-ukraine/
Consistently, over the past year, polls conducted by major Western firms have revealed that the people of Crimea by overwhelming numbers prefer being part of Russia over Ukraine, an embarrassing reality that Forbes business magazine has now acknowledged.

Last summer I was actually in Russia when Western media said Russia was falling apart. I can't tell you how many Russians kept asking me what the hell my media was talking about . I even decided to by a few bottle of Crimean wine when I was there.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:21 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
How many countries are we in again?
I'm all for us getting the hell out of every single one of them. Let's do that!

Old 08-12-2016, 02:29 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Ukraine is doing what the Obama administration tells its leaders to do.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:47 PM

Indeed look how well the Russophobes do their research:

Pew is not on Putin's pay roll.

Despite Concerns about Governance, Ukrainians Want to Remain One Country | Pew Research Center

Crimean residents are almost universally positive toward Russia. At least nine-in-ten have confidence in Putin (93%) and say Russia is playing a positive role in Crimea (92%). Confidence in Obama is almost negligible at 4%, and just 2% think the U.S. is having a good influence on the way things are going on the Crimean peninsula.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:48 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,685 times
It'll be Hillary's first conflict if she is POTUS. Guarantee it.

She's a war hawk - everyone knows it.

She'll convince most of her naive supporters that it's a good thing.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:31 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
^ this
Russia is doing this precisely for the reasons stated by cb1033, they don't necessarily want the land but they desperately need more people.
No, you guys are totally wrong. First of all, you got an outdated statistics. Russia already has a natural year-on-year population increment comparing to the last two decades or so. And Russia doesn't have to take some land to get her population increased at all. There is a huge immigrant flow to Russia from the central asian ...stans, caucasian republics, Ukraine, Moldova etc. for the last 10-15 years.

Quote:
The referendum was a sham, it did not offer an option to remain part of Ukraine ... only to become part of Russia or to become independent of Ukraine.
These 2 options were offered by crimeans themselves. And they explained many times why they have not included Ukraine in the poll. And I think their explanation was very reasonable. The vast majority of americans are against Hillary, but looks like she will be elected anyway in this "democratic" country.
Crimeans were afraid of forgery and put-up job on this referendum. And they had some ponderous evidence for it. Crimeans knew for sure if they include the "part of Ukraine" option in the referendum, then CIA along with the ukrainian secret services would do everything to get this option allegedly elected by people of Crimea. But Crimeans exactly were against staying with Ukraine. It's was totally against their will. That's why they decided to exclude that option at all to avoid any similar provocations ad fabrications.
By the way, please tell me, what do you think about the kosovan referendum? Was it a sham or not?

Quote:
Also, Stalin deported the entire native Crimean population after WW2 allegedly because they "collaborated" with the Germans (after Stalin committed genocide during the Holodmor killing millions of Ukrainians because they were supposedly 'hoarding' grain - I'd have collaborated with the Germans too!).
1. This is the historical fact the Ukrainian nazis were collaborating with the Hitler Germany and they were brutally killing many poles, jews and even ukrainians. So you support them?
2. The ukrainians never were the native Crimean population.
3. Stalin was georgian, not russian.
4. Holodomor couldn't kill "millions of Ukrainians". Where did you get this from?
5. During the famine, many nations were dying including russians.
6. During the so called holodomor, the soviet commissioners who helped to pursue this policy were mostly ethnic ukrainians. Did you know that? Neather the western historians nor Wikipedia won't tell about this fact. And this is because we need to demonize Russia everytime for some ideological benefits.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Crimeans were afraid of forgery and put-up job on this referendum. And they had some ponderous evidence for it. Crimeans knew for sure if they include the "part of Ukraine" option in the referendum, then CIA along with the ukrainian secret services would do everything to get this option allegedly elected by people of Crimea. But Crimeans exactly were against staying with Ukraine. It's was totally against their will. That's why they decided to exclude that option at all to avoid any similar provocations ad fabrications.
What utter nonsense. Seriously? Do you think people will buy this for a second? (bolded added by me)

You can't both say "look! they want to be part of Russia!", pointing to the referendum....and then ignore completely that no other reasonable choice was given.

"Hi sir, please fill this form out, the choices are-be murdered right now, or be starved to death slowly. Oh look 98% choose to be murdered!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies