Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 07:02 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding me. Are you really listening to Trump. He would be a dictator. He doesn't like you...you're out lol
no, trump would be a tough negotiator, but he would try to get things done. if you really want a dictator, vote for hillary. now she WOULD be a dictator, and MUCH worse than obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 07:09 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You guys don't get it, the cops themselves would do it and a lot of them would fall over each to get picked for the assignment.

And none of this "the rank and file would never do it". That's bull****.
I read your statement with amazement. I knew many Fairfax County cops, and now many St.Tammany Parish cops,
and they would tell you that you are out of your mind.

If Baltimore has cops that feel this way, they are in deep s#it. Many funerals would ensue.

Back on topic, no thinking cops would take part in such an unconstitutional action.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:20 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I don't think so. I think Trump being elected would finally get some real bi-partisan work out of the House and Senate all aimed at limiting the powers of the President.
That's what I think too. You'd be amazed at how bipartisan they could be against Trump. Maybe we could get some good laws out of it.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
All it would take for a very liberal Supreme Court is to decide that the right to keep and bear arms does not belong to the citizen, but belongs to the state Militia; and that would be the start of it.

You as the citizen no longer have the right to keep a weapon to defend your self.

California and several other states have already taken the approach, that although you have the right to have a firearm; you don't have the right to carry it with you, unless you get the states explicit permission to do so; and many local sheriffs and police chiefs will not sign off on the states carry conceal permit, unless you are famous, rich, or can prove that your life is already in danger.

A very liberal Supreme Court can chip away at your rights, and not just your right to own a firearm; one case at a time.

As it stands right now; you do not have Cell Phone privacy.

As it stands right now; companies can draft their own legal language, that can eliminate Class Action Law suits; where you as the individual can still sue a company; but you don't have the resources to fully challenge a company in court with out a Class Action Law suit; A company can write their product that a Class Action Law suit would not be allowed. The whole advantage of a Class Action Law suit, is many people pool resources together, and large law firms take on the company on the groups behalf.

This will happen when HRC is elected, it will take time but it will happen. It already has in some states. And as much as I have faith that oath keepers will not be a part of it, I also think there those that would jump at the chance to be a part.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
If that were to actually become a trend, there would soon be some corrections made. Ya know?
I hope so.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:58 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
I have numerous pistols. A number of high capacity magazines. A couple thousand rounds of ammo. People are stocking up. Depends on the state you live in. NY,IL,MA,CA,MD,CT your screwed. TX,FL,GA,MS,LA your good!!!

Old 08-12-2016, 04:25 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I have numerous pistols. A number of high capacity magazines. A couple thousand rounds of ammo. People are stocking up. Depends on the state you live in. NY,IL,MA,CA,MD,CT your screwed. TX,FL,GA,MS,LA your good!!!
Don't forget Missouri

Old 08-12-2016, 04:57 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
One comment by Chelsea Clinton and off and running.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:20 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Don't forget Missouri
Yes several other pro gun states

Old 08-12-2016, 05:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Webb Hubbells kid pushing for gun control

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zCJJxJ...kn5Z_wUR8eky0A

Was there really any doubt?

They have not tried to hide it much, beside code words, like sensible gun legislation.
They would never say, we are going to infringe on the 2nd amendment hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies