Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 05:00 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Milwaukee newspaper just released name and background. It's a doozie...

Man shot by Milwaukee police subject of witness intimidation case
Its so damn sad to me that so many black people can't ever wait for the facts to come out before going out to protest, riot and loot again and again. Its like the black people response to almost EVERY situation is anger, violence and destruction AND NOTHING ELSE. And then they wonder why people perceive them a certain way and why businesses don't want to build in their neighborhoods.

I really hope all the businesses that got robbed and destroyed in Milwaukee NEVER COME BACK to those neighborhoods and all the places that were destroyed remain there as is so that the blacks will always have a visual reminder that it was THEIR VIOLENT ACTIONS that drove businesses away from their communities.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:03 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Rioting and beating anyone of any race is wrong. Truth is, the big solution has been to just leave the city. The idea being "if they aren't here, they can't touch us", or "we're in this part of town, as long as we don't go there, no problem".

Amen. That is why we are seeing de-population of entire neighborhoods in cities which have not controlled their crime rates, by clamping down. I wish cities would emulate Bratton's Broken Windows NYC miracle complete with stop and frisk.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:03 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The employees who worked at the burned out Bank, the burned up gas station, the destroyed auto parts store and the burned and looted beauty supply shop all lost their jobs. These looting, rioting, violent, destructive criminals took food from the mouths of these employees' families and business owners with their lawlessness. They destroyed police cars which the taxpayers will have to replace. They threw a brick and injured a police officer, etc.

The taxpaying, law abiding citizens of this state, county, city have to make it clear to their politicians they won't tolerate this criminal behavior and they must be severely punished or these criminals will continue their destruction. Until then, criminals won't stop. They never do.
The people you need to tell that to are the rioters.This is what I understand of those rioters. No empathy, alot of anger, and a violent mentality. Lack of empathy meaning they don't care. Burning down a bank, salon, gas station, auto parts store, this is what I understand.

Looters: People with no jobs(probably unemployable), no cars, no bank accounts, and as mentioned before, no empathy. It was suffice to mention this. Wisconsin's Black population has the highest imprisonment rate of any Black population in the USA. Most of it coming from Milwaukee. Prison doesn't seem to be working. An officer mentioned this of some of the men living in those neighborhoods in Milwaukee.

A question was asked "Where do you see yourself at 30"? The answer from some of them was laughter. Alot of these violent types don't see themselves living past 30, so they have no problem killing other and taking from others. It's "I have nothing, I don't know how to get anything, I'll probably die before I'm 30, and the only thing I know how to do is be violent, so I have no problem hurting others".

Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 PM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
How about a targeted "black tax". Let's say all black people in the community get charged for the damages and have to pay. They could garnish their bank accounts or wages or withhold their tax returns. Likewise if a racially based riot was committed by white people, all white people would suffer the same financial penalty. Or Spanish. Or Asians. If its a general riot, everybody pays. I know if I was going to have to pay for some knuckle draggers thuggish idiocy, they'd have to crawl to an emergency room. I'll restate that if this turns out to be a completely unjustified shooting by the police, the police pension fund should pay for the damages. Likewise federal pension funds and unions could also be held accountable if egregious actions caused by members leads to rioting and looting. Not tax payers, not general funds, you take the money right out of their personal pension funds.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Rioting and beating anyone of any race is wrong. Truth is, the big solution has been to just leave the city. The idea being "if they aren't here, they can't touch us", or "we're in this part of town, as long as we don't go there, no problem".
True. My husband and I (both black) left the city because of the expanding cesspool of violence. We had no means of fighting it. Black leadership goes all out defending the violators and blaming the police. Anyone who dares speak against it is called a racist or an Uncle Tom depending on their skin color. The city schools aren't safe.

How long will our cities contain this madness? Five years? Ten? What happens then when it spreads into the quiet rural areas? Leadership that makes excuses for those who loot and burn down businesses are about as sick as it gets. These destructive animals need to be stopped with deadly force if necessary. Call in the military and the National Guard. Armed, not pansified and instructed to babysit.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

I really hope all the businesses that got robbed and destroyed in Milwaukee NEVER COME BACK to those neighborhoods and all the places that were destroyed remain there as is so that the blacks will always have a visual reminder that it was THEIR VIOLENT ACTIONS that drove businesses away from their communities.

I agree, and if part of a chain, they should proactively close every location inside the city. Permanently Attach a secondary cost to last nights rioting.

Turn the law-abiding against the looters and their breeders. The savages have no parents-just breeders.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Amen. That is why we are seeing de-population of entire neighborhoods in cities which have not controlled their crime rates, by clamping down. I wish cities would emulate Bratton's Broken Windows NYC miracle complete with stop and frisk.
Stop and Frisk violates the unreasonable search and seizure amendment in the Constitution. If you're going to do that, you might as well put the city under martial law.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Court records show in February of 2015, Smith was charged with one felony count of first degree recklessly endangering safety and one misdemeanor count of possession of THC. The charges were dismissed by prosecutors in November.

August of 2015, Smith was charged with felony intimidation of a witness/person charged/felony. That charge was dismissed by prosecutors in September.

In July of 2014, Smith was charged with carrying a concealed weapon -- a misdemeanor charge. He pleaded guilty in November, and was sentenced to serve one day in the House of Correction.

In July of 2013, Smith was charged with felony retail theft -- intentionally taking $500 to $5,000 as party to a crime. Prosecutors dismissed the charge in October.

Probably not his "entire record", just the highlights (he has been involved in several shootings) ..... anyone see the problem here? Felony charges dismissed. Witness Intimidation - dismissed and that was in a Felony shooting charge. His Facebook has the standard pictures of Gang Signs, he was caught with a Stolen gun and magazine with 23 bullets - 500 rounds of ammo stolen in the same burglary as the stolen gun he pointed at the police. He was a druggie, gang member, thief and Felon.

Any yet ...... hundreds came out to Burn 5 businesses, shoot at Fireman, Loot businesses, destroy vehicles, attack anyone who was "white", shout BLACK POWER, beat up the media (I guess he was white), fire gun shots for hours.

Milwaukee is a lost cause - it never recovered (and got worse) after the 1967 Riots.
It has company with the other Cities that never recovered - they ALL have one thing in common.
The are run by Leftists, who are big on making promises - but have FAILED for for 50 years.
Why should they actually attempt to do anything at all??? They have a Guaranteed Voter in the Black Community. Pretty Low Learning Curve.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
How about a targeted "black tax". Let's say all black people in the community get charged for the damages and have to pay. They could garnish their bank accounts or wages or withhold their tax returns. Likewise if a racially based riot was committed by white people, all white people would suffer the same financial penalty. Or Spanish. Or Asians. If its a general riot, everybody pays. I know if I was going to have to pay for some knuckle draggers thuggish idiocy, they'd have to crawl to an emergency room. I'll restate that if this turns out to be a completely unjustified shooting by the police, the police pension fund should pay for the damages. Likewise federal pension funds and unions could also be held accountable if egregious actions caused by members leads to rioting and looting. Not tax payers, not general funds, you take the money right out of their personal pension funds.
How about no. How about criminals pay for their crimes and leave the law abiding alone. The law abiding are suffering enough from the rioters. And that isn't going to stop rioters. Alot of these rioters often don't have jobs, many have been to prison, many just don't care about anybody. A "Black tax" would only hurt the Blacks who work for their money, not the looters, rioters, and dregs of society.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Stop and Frisk violates the unreasonable search and seizure amendment in the Constitution. If you're going to do that, you might as well put the city under martial law.

Not sure it does if modified slightly to apply in fewer cases
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies