Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 03:57 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"...using [a] public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,"
I thought that was their main purpose And what determines needless as opposed to needed anxiety?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 04:02 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
I am a glass half full sort of guy. I will have compensation in watching Islam remove the annoying feminist vote, for example. If women become property again , I might just buy one. BLM will be lined up waiting for the executioner along with apostate liberals. If they are depending on people like me to help them turn it around when they let it advance to stage three, they will be in for a surprise.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:15 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
So I guess I won't be logging into C-D from London.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:19 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Hey, the US is not far behind as far as I can tell. Sadly, there are more and more US citizens that want America to be more European and are willing to give up our freedoms in order to emulate those countries.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The least they can do is lose the "Great" part of Great Britain. They are prosecuting Internet trolls for "hate speech." London's Muslim mayor has gotten funds for a hate crime hub just for this purpose.

"The law criminalises “using [a] public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,†and can result in a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.

London Mayor To Set Up Police

That's right. If you go on a forum and you annoy someone or make them nervous they can turn you in to the police and you can be prosecuted and put in prison for 6 months. The police are telling everyone to report it and guess who is going to help them do it, in addition to the safe space babies: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft.

Some Irish pastor made "grossly offensive" remarks about Islam in an online sermon so the police spent a year and a half of taxpayer money investigating it, then they prosecuted him and thank God, he was found not guilty.

A Scottish football fan got 8 months in prison for insulting Celtic fans, Catholics and the pope online.

And the London police are FINE with it. They are welcoming the extra workload.

Well, let us Americans do the dirty work on their forums!! LOL

Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The least they can do is lose the "Great" part of Great Britain. They are prosecuting Internet trolls for "hate speech." London's Muslim mayor has gotten funds for a hate crime hub just for this purpose.

"The law criminalises “using [a] public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,” and can result in a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.

London Mayor To Set Up Police

That's right. If you go on a forum and you annoy someone or make them nervous they can turn you in to the police and you can be prosecuted and put in prison for 6 months. The police are telling everyone to report it and guess who is going to help them do it, in addition to the safe space babies: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft.

Some Irish pastor made "grossly offensive" remarks about Islam in an online sermon so the police spent a year and a half of taxpayer money investigating it, then they prosecuted him and thank God, he was found not guilty.

A Scottish football fan got 8 months in prison for insulting Celtic fans, Catholics and the pope online.

And the London police are FINE with it. They are welcoming the extra workload.
I've said it before and I'll say it again ---- For me, this is probably the worst country on the planet. I traveled extensively throughout Greece, Italy and the French Riviera/Corsica......and just got back from 28 days in India - but I'd never step foot in the UK. Never spend a bent nickel there.

It's the father/brainchild of the modern surveillance society. A few years back, the government was using concealed cctv cameras to fine citezens for putting too much garbage in their cans. Then people were taking the excess garbage out in their cars and dumping it elsewhere. So the government started setting up checkpoints to search cars for trash!!

Many many of their people still embrace both the notion and tradition of kings and kingdoms....

Very creepy place that I hope Americans continue to learn not to duplicate or embrace any of their traditions or customs.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:59 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am a glass half full sort of guy. I will have compensation in watching Islam remove the annoying feminist vote, for example. If women become property again , I might just buy one. BLM will be lined up waiting for the executioner along with apostate liberals. If they are depending on people like me to help them turn it around when they let it advance to stage three, they will be in for a surprise.
Indeed.

The liberals are hoping they can confuse the islamic terrorists by claiming to be in the middle of their transgender procedures and thus must wait to see if their punishment will be male or female appropriate.

They fail to realize that the meat hook goes in the common orifice.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:05 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Weird. It still shows up on google maps.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again ---- For me, this is probably the worst country on the planet. I traveled extensively throughout Greece, Italy and the French Riviera/Corsica......and just got back from 28 days in India - but I'd never step foot in the UK. Never spend a bent nickel there.

It's the father/brainchild of the modern surveillance society. A few years back, the government was using concealed cctv cameras to fine citezens for putting too much garbage in their cans. Then people were taking the excess garbage out in their cars and dumping it elsewhere. So the government started setting up checkpoints to search cars for trash!!

Many many of their people still embrace both the notion and tradition of kings and kingdoms....

Very creepy place that I hope Americans continue to learn not to duplicate or embrace any of their traditions or customs.
Yeah; instead you can come up with some of your own.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#138b084475ad

Second teen spends months in jail for video game threat | The Daily Caller

With or Without the Patriot Act, Here's How the NSA Can Still Spy on Americans | United States of Secrets | FRONTLINE | PBS

https://www.aclu.org/nsa-spying-americans-illegal

Why are People Celebrating? USA FREEDOM Act is a Big Win for the NSA- Not Civil Liberties

Man Gets Prison Sentence For Collecting Rainwater On His Property | Your News Wire

And you'd likely never encounter anything like this in the U.K whereas it's becoming all too commonplace in "creepy" America:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1140b6fc02eb

Lucky he or his child didn't get shot ...........very unlike the "creepy" U.K.

Yeah you should probably stay away from the U.K. and they'll just have to get along without your visiting.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:17 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Free speech is not allowed in Great Britain. "Hate speech" is anything the Left disagrees with in GB.

We aren't far behind. If Hillary is elected president, the first amendment is one Supreme Court justice away from being outlawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies