Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 05:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The

Well..there you go scofflaw....the John Dillinger of traffic....

I would say if you got a citation going 56 in a 55 then YOU certainly inputed into the process of the contact in some very negative and substantial fashion. I cannot remember in my career and the hundreds of thousands of contacts I have had ever citing someone for one over... I cannot remember in the millions of contacts my fellow officers made ever hearing anyone cited for one over..I cannot ever remember a court case...of the thousands I have witnessed anyone from any other department ever citing for one over

While radar could potentially determine a one over reading we wouldn't cite for that under any circumstances...not in any training in lidar or any other radar used was it ever discussed to cite for such a reading. In traffic training using pacing with a certified police speedometer where the vehicle was tested and certified yearly and the records for that vehicle available in court were we ever trained to cite for one over...because it was too close to be reasonably determined

I have cited people going five or seven over when they did other traffic violations that showed they were really stupid or being incredibly inattentive to their driving..which I suspect if your story has any truthfulness whatsoever could have occurred in your case...and where an officer gave you a huge break or benefit of the doubt. Judicious use of citations is encouraged here where citations start at three hundred dollars and go up..five to seven over could mean five hundred instead of three

We also have in the mix what is deemed the education value of a citation..that being to change negative potentially unsafe behavior. If..on a traffic stop after being explained the violation the driver doesn't get it..or won't act in a manner that they even want to understand in any manner whatsoever what they did was stupid and unsafe.. or even violated the law that citation would be warranted. Perhaps... you fall into this category

Finally we come down to court process and review of that citation. I have never ever heard of a traffic court judge ever rendering a court verdict for one over. It would get laughed out of court and dismissed...unless the officer articulated other facts warranting it and demonstrating he already cut the violator a break.
So.. after my lengthy explanation of citations I'm going to make the following inference here....

One..you met the only Barney Fife in the US to cite for such a violation
Two ....you won any such violation in court
Three ....you were a total and complete asshat on the traffic stop...
Or four
Total BS on your story

Ding ding..while it's a toss up between three and four

I'm going with four

go to almost any state and go 1 mile over the speed limit and see if any state trooper will not pull you over. yes I have been pulled over for going 1 mile over the limit, so no bs there..........oh thats right, you are a cop and cops protect other cops. guess you get your free get out of jail card and a free pass from cops.

I never consent to any search from any cop, even if they try and play the guilt trip on me.

if the cop wants to search my vehicle, then go get a search warrant or stay out of my vehicle.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:33 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I did nothing else. The cop was just the usual jerk that many are. I was even polite to him. He and I were the only cars on a 2 lane stretch of state highway. I probably could have had it thrown out, but it was too far from home to go back on court day. He had a bad attitude like you do. Too many of you cops think you are God.
Attitude equals altitude...something I learned from a Blue Angels pilot

I see a couple of crash landings

Wouldn't you be just peachy on a traffic stop..

That is after stopping you out of the other 50000 cars I could potentially see in a shift...but you just happened to be the one over dangerous driver that would make my day... REALLY?

A policeman who is moderately appropriately trained can stop anyone in reality because not one of us can drive upon a roadway and not violate some law at some point..their decision is which one and why..and which one has the most potential to be a bad person as opposed to Joe citizen going to work..and while they stop those too they would rather focus their efforts on Joe dirtbag as opposed to Joe citizen...but they might not know that beforehand... Some dirtbags are harder to detect and look like Joe citizen... Are you inside their thought process yet?

Again..bs on your story

This is typical juvenile internet behavior of computer hero's

The reality

A professional peace officer who stops you will have solid PC.. including super trooper
They will understand case law intimately
They will have been thoroughly trained on search and seizure
If a search is warranted then our laws in tbe US provides for legitimate ways to conduct any search

All the internet bravado is just that

Refuse... All it does is slow the process down ..if you're a crook it only is a process to your arrest.. you'll already be detained

As to investigative stops... Happens thousands..hundreds of thousands of times a day in our world... It is the cost associated with a free and safe society...where there are numerous safeguards for citizens and the law is weighted toward citizens and not government..which is absolutely the way it needs to be.

Now let's talk about your house..which has a higher expectation of privacy..why am I coming there..did you call me..a neighbor?..and why..we're they lying or are you..is the call legit or BS.are you a victim citizen..or suspect and why.. if I need to search do I have sufficient reasons for immediate entry as opposed to getting a warrant..if one is needed because I don't want to lose a case..I'll get one... Many home entries immediately needed fall under the exigent circumstances under the fourth... If you don't like them petition your representatives or contact the ACLU and have them represent you at the Supremes for whatever evidence was obtained that incarcerated you.

Again.. I've only lost a handful of searches in my life on technicalities...

Our city data social justice warriors have some legitimate fears of government run amok..I have no issues with that... Where the rubber need the road not so much

I've asked the op to describe his life involving some illegal search..seizure and asset forfeiture... Still waiting

Refuse any cooperation.. refuse any search...refuse to talk...refuse to sign...refuse to roll down your window...no sweat..it's America...we deal with it...just another day...we have an entire shift and then some to deal with your misunderstanding...attitude... criminality..and the host of other dysfunctional behavior exhibjted by people daily

If you're Joe citizen snd improperly treated you'll get your redress
Not on the side of the road..but in an appropriate time and place
Resist with violence is the wrong redress...verbalizing it. Sure..all you want..recording..sure..as long as you don't delay the process... Complaining ...sure... But more and more people are getting sued for false complaints ..but have at it....

Or..be normal and talk to the person standing in front of you..and be truthful if you have nothing to hide...if you're dirty object to everything and make the police do their job

Last edited by notmeofficer; 08-19-2016 at 07:13 AM..

Old 08-19-2016, 06:54 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
My own take is this. I know I don't have anything to hide and have nothing illegal. So I'm not going to waste my time or the officer's time letting him search for something he won't find when he could better spend it watching for somebody else to stop. I'll politely just refuse and ask to be let to go on my way.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:01 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
go to almost any state and go 1 mile over the speed limit and see if any state trooper will not pull you over. yes I have been pulled over for going 1 mile over the limit, so no bs there..........oh thats right, you are a cop and cops protect other cops. guess you get your free get out of jail card and a free pass from cops.

I never consent to any search from any cop, even if they try and play the guilt trip on me.

if the cop wants to search my vehicle, then go get a search warrant or stay out of my vehicle.
I could explain the law to you but why..you have it all figured out...good luck to you...

Report back in ten years and let's see how it works out...

Btw..I do my absolute best not to violate the law...I drive carefully..my vehicle complies with the vehicle code at all times
I don't present Leo I'd unless asked if I get pulled over..which was twenty five years ago for an illegal turn..which I copped to... No..I didn't get a cite... And rarely have I cited or as is more likely arrested another policeman...but I have and they did what they did and my hands were tied...I've arrested several dui officers in my career. They did that to themselves...and I wouldn't cover for them any differently than I would for Joe citizen..I wouldn't...

One over super troop...yea...right...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 08-19-2016 at 07:14 AM..

Old 08-19-2016, 07:13 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Most of our local police speed all the time. In Missouri, an emergency vehicle, by law, cannot exceed the posted speed limit without lights and siren. They do it here daily.
What is surprising, the county sheriff and his deputies are all nice and courteous. Most of the city police are jerks. Never did know the difference why. I guess it starts at the top, although the chief who just retired was a nice guy and well respected.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:08 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
I did nothing else. The cop was just the usual jerk that many are. I was even polite to him. He and I were the only cars on a 2 lane stretch of state highway. I probably could have had it thrown out, but it was too far from home to go back on court day. He had a bad attitude like you do. Too many of you cops think you are God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

one over the limit? i have yet to meet a cop that would even look at you for one over the limit, let alone cite you. and that includes park rangers.

in fact the slowest speed over the limit i have been pulled over for is nine over, one time i got a warning, the other time i got ticketed for wasting a finite. so i call bravo sierra on the ticket for one over, unless there were other cites as well.

i have dealt with cops across the country, and ALL of them save for one or two, have been very professional in carrying out their duties, and often times i left the encounter with a warning even though i deserved a ticket.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
I assume the one who got me for 56 in a 55 was a gung-ho rookie right out of the academy. He looked like it. The ticket cost me $80. But
I was booked with work 6 days a week and booked 6 weeks ahead at the time. It would have cost me $400-$500 to take off and fight it. I imagine a judge would have thrown it out. The only other speeding ticket I ever got I deserved. I was 100 miles from home and got a call that my then 7 year old son was having emergency surgery. I did not even tell the officer why I was speeding. I was breaking the law.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
maybe you should watch what this lawyer and cop say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

LOL!! about the 14minute mark, he explains the the same scenario Lochte is in.....

Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There was nothing wrong with what he said. Refusing a search despite it being your absolute COnstitutional right does lead the cops to think you are guilty as opposed to simply leaving in a fairly free country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
50 minutes? No thanks and from what I can initially tell he isn't saying anything differently than what I said.

You missed out on the exact reason even the innocent need to just shut the F up.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
After getting a speeding ticket for 56 in a 55, nothing a cop would do would surprise me.
Recommended speed. The law is, we keep up with the flow of traffic. Let them ticket you while remaining silent and argue it before a jury
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies