Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 02:06 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Thats a bunch of BS.
Nope. You cant be "tough" and into all the nurturing, coddling and nannying that liberalism entails. It's simply not possible.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Nope. You cant be "tough" and into all the nurturing, coddling and nannying that liberalism entails. It's simply not possible.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:33 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Does being a Republican make you tough?

No, just talking tough is good enough for Republicans. You can dodge the draft and accuse others of being appeasers of the enemy if you're Republican. But that just qualifies one to be a chickenhawk.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Not going to get into labels and what they mean, but I will tell you coming from the wonderful world of sports I have known or heard of plenty of left leaning "white" athletes. I would always consider athletes with a great deal of toughness, wouldn't you?
And then of course there is also a segment of military that leans left. We have union workers, laborer's etc.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post

No, just talking tough is good enough for Republicans. You can dodge the draft and accuse others of being appeasers of the enemy if you're Republican. But that just qualifies one to be a chickenhawk.
Well thank you for your service.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:53 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Not going to get into labels and what they mean, but I will tell you coming from the wonderful world of sports I have known or heard of plenty of left leaning "white" athletes. I would always consider athletes with a great deal of toughness, wouldn't you?
And then of course there is also a segment of military that leans left. We have union workers, laborer's etc.
Athletes play childrens games for a living. Thats not tough, it just means they are a man-child. The lefties in the military don't generally sign up for combat, they are in things like the HR corp. I'll give you union workers as perhaps the major sole exception - many of them are pretty damn tough to the point of being thuggish.

By and large, pajama boy is fairly representative of most modern lefty men.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:54 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Of course it doesn't.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post

No, it makes you selfish.
Please.. I believe think you are entitled to someone elses income or wealth makes on selfish..

That type of belief is purely Democratic..

Old 08-23-2016, 03:09 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Athletes play childrens games for a living. Thats not tough, it just means they are a man-child. The lefties in the military don't generally sign up for combat, they are in things like the HR corp. I'll give you union workers as perhaps the major sole exception - many of them are pretty damn tough to the point of being thuggish.

By and large, pajama boy is fairly representative of most modern lefty men.

Now your being ridiculous. Are you for real? First of all only about 5 percent of those that play sports in High School will be talented enough to go on to play in college. Not sure what your definition of tough is, but trust me when I tell you an athlete (from a major sport) would beat the snot out of someone that was not an athlete 95 percent of the time.

Old 08-23-2016, 04:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post

No, it makes you selfish.

Pub's constantly call SS an 'entitlement' even though we all pay into it, so they want to cut that and other programs. Yet, they want to protect the estate tax, give tax cuts to corporations, vote against any sensible gun laws and shut down women's clinics in order to keep the lobbyist chaching flowing in.

They want to regulate your life, privatize anything they can and yet they want to deregulate business.

Dem's may be selfish, too, but you can find traces of humanity in some of their proposals.

JMO as an Indy.
Like how the want to steal peoples money for their causes? Humanity doesn't include using force and coercion to get what you want. There is no difference hoe either party accomplishes it's goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies